Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Works ok as a non foaming cleanser but it burned and irritated my skin. No breakouts just too strong SLS for my sensitive oily skin.

on 3/4/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This cleanser is my holy grail. I prefer to use brands that do not test on animals and have been looking for a new cleanser, but nothing compares to this so far. It seems to work on all skin types. I have dry to normal skin and my husband has oily, acne-prone skin and we both love it. In fact, it's the only cleanser that doesn't make my husband break out. It's also incredibly cheap!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this cleanser! I've used this for years and years and it never fails me! Most reviewers on here say that they hate the scent but I actually prefer this scent over most fragranced cleansers. It's a very clean, almost powdery scent that it a little reminiscent of Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. I've used this cleanser as a body wash but I have found it to be a touch too drying and I will alternate using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser when my skin gets a little dry. I use 2 pumps in the evening to take off my makeup and I've found that it removes all my eye makeup really well, including mascara! I'm also convinced that although there's no acne medication in the cleanser, I've found that it really clears up my blackheads and hormonal breakouts :)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used to use it like a normal Cleanser.. just make my face wet and take a pump and put it in my face, and i gave me a breakout (like 3 pimples i usally get like 1 in two months or so) And dry skin
Then i tried using it different by making my face wet and take a pump AND rub it between my fingers, this helps better FOR ME.
Makes me feel fresh faced. I would not buy it again because it does to less things for $ 9.99

This used to be my favorite cleanser--very light and gentle until I searched up the chemicals/ingredients and realized that it's not as great as I thought (health-wise): http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/51499/Cetaphil_Daily_Facial_Cleanser_for_Normal_to_Oily_Skin/

I recently switched to Burt's Bees Radiance facial cleanser with royal jelly (more natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals) and it seems to do a great job as a substitute for this product. I would not purchase this product again, given what I know about its ingredients. It is a rather light, gentle, facial cleanser though.

on 11/16/2011 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am on a mission to get rid of all supposed gentle, natural cleansers and lotions that seriously just clog my pores and ruin the state of my skin. Yes, this is a gentlish (if that is a word) cleanser. It does what it is supposed to do in that it does in fact clean your face. BUT, there is so much junk in it that i find it hard to believe that it can truly be gentle to your skin. There is sls and a number of other preservatives. I just dont feel like it does anything for the health of my skin and i am always trying to clean up the mess on my face that this cleanser causes. It does clog my pores and dries out my skin - I guess I am just sensitive to the sulfates in the product. I wouldnt have as much of a problem with it if it did not try to appear to be such a gentle, natural product. I just feel like it is false advertising. Gosh..I have turned into such a tree hugger!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

One of the best cleansers I have ever tried. I doesnt remove eye make up but that's fine.
It leaves my skin feeling soft and clen without drying it.
I have oily skin, with dry patches in a few places. Like my nose sometimes gets really dry.
The smell is very subtle.

This one and Effaclar bar are my 2 favorites in the world.

Cetaphil + Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel = love

I have very dry skin. This is my go to cleanser. No irritation or breakouts. Love the way it leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and clean with out that tight feeling I get from most lathering cleansers. Have been using for 3 years now and will continue to buy.

on 12/28/2010 8:41:00 AM

Picked this up by mistake (usually use original gentle skin cleanser) and what a mistake it was!

First of all, this smells like a harsh, heavy-duty detergent. Secondly, it feels like a harsh, heavy-duty detergent.

Now, I don't normally use a cleanser for oily skin, so that may be part of the problem, but I can and do wash my face with soap during the warmer weather when my skin can be oilier, and I never have any issues with that. This stuff, however, just hurt -- my skin was burning, stinging and was painful to the touch.

I can't imagine this stuff is doing anyone's skin any good in the long run -- and "gentle"? Really? I don't think so.

on 11/27/2010 6:51:00 PM

Great product! I'm on Accutane so my skin isn't oily anymore, but I get clogged pores from non-washable cleansers so I decided to try this one. Also, I'm wearing foundation daily (Revlon PR) and I wanted something that could really cleanse my skin thoroughly. I does the job very well and didn't make my skin dry at all (Neutrogena cleansers did). I take off my eye makeup first and this cleanser takes care of the face makeup (foundation, blush, concealer and sometimes powder) really well. Sometimes I apply a Clarins toner after cleansing and the cotton always comes up clean, so I guess Cetaphil is really cleansing everything I need. Sometimes I use it with Clarisonic MIA.