Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.9

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 1/23/2006 7:36:00 PM

I *love* the LM cake liners. They are truly the first and only liners that I have ever been able to make look right on me. This dark brown is perfect for my fair skin and green eyes, not as harsh as black but still provides great definition. I apply with saline and a flat brush and it lasts all day. The amount you get lasts forever too - so worth it.

on 12/23/2005 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is pretty amazing. I have never been much for doing eyeliner because it just never looked that good compared to all the trouble of application. And cake eyeliner conjures up old 1950's makeup, complicated and messy, but this is just the opposite. It took the LM MA all of a minute to show me how to use this, took another minute for me to try it myself (she did one eye, I did the other), and I was hooked. It looks different from the usual eyeliner, much more natural but very effective at defining the eye. And it's so easy, I promise! Once it's on, it stays on until you remove it. You do need a flat eyeliner brush to apply this (I am currently using a flat brush from the art store) and it's recommended that you wash the brush after every use (otherwise the liner will dry on it and get, well, cakey). The other thing I love about this is that you can make the color lighter or deeper by varying the amount of water you use. I mix it up on the back of my hand like the MA showed me. Try this, you will love it. UPDATE 4/14/06: I'm using this nearly every day, has become a HG. Love it!

I recently purchased this and I find that I can work with this cake liner better than with a gel liner. And its not quite as severe a look as some gel liners can be. I bought the Laura Mercier flat eye liner brush with it and that has made a big difference as I've tried it with a Mac push brush and didn't like the result as much. The LM brush is softer and less abrasive to my eye area. I wear contacts and so far, I haven't had problems with any irritation and I'm able to get this right up into my lash line as others have described. Its a pretty bold flat brown, not too dark and not to light. It makes a classy eye. So glad that I found this. I would recommend getting the flat eyeliner brush as well if you don't have a similar one. Great lasting power, too. I paid $20 at Nordies and the brush was $25.

on 1/16/2005 9:14:00 AM

Wow, I am impressed. I usually buy waterproof liners because of wtery eyes and oily lids, but this product holds up really well! It lasts all day, from 7am through my 8:30 pm workout without running or smudging. Comes off easily too. I don't use a push brush to apply, just a very thin sable-hair watercolor brush. Will repurcahse if I ever run out ( a little goas a long way)!

on 11/18/2004 1:17:00 PM

i am writing the same review for all 4 of laura mercier's cake eyeliners. they are amazing. perfect. DEFINITE holy grail items. i have the oiliest eyelids ever--- no other eyeliner on the planet has stood up to my oily lids. i put this stuff on in the a.m., and at 10:00 at night it's still there, as perfect looking as it was at 7:00 a.m. the eyeliner brush is awesome, too.

on 10/28/2004 9:51:00 AM

Would I buy this again? Wild, frothing animals couldn't block me from it. This e/l is OUTRAGEOUSLY awesome. It doesn't get any better than Laura Mercier cake eyeliner...and Mahogany is a great color. A rich, dark brown that's not as harsh as Ebony. Lasts a long time, so that helps to justify the expense. Also wears like nobody's business. Never flakes, smudges, or melts. Just stays a nice, crisp line. Absolutely nothing will make your eyelashes look more lush than using these liners with LM's flat push brush. If you love eyeliner, Run Forest Run to get this product!

on 9/1/2004 10:31:00 PM

My everyday basic eyeliner. Never smudges. Always looks natural, yet enhances my eyes so much. Even though this is a staple, I will be surprised if I ever run out--there is so much product in the pan. An incredible value.

on 8/13/2004 1:28:00 AM

This is my HG eyeliner. I have oily lids, and this stays put all day, but looks natural (unlike liquid liners). BB gel liners used to be my HG, but LM blends easier, is smoother, and looks more natural. Plus BB dries up and is unusable after about 6 months. Since this is a powder/gel, I think it will last forever. I've been using it every day for 2 years, and I've barely made a dent in it. Lot's of brands say you can use their shadow as a liner (like MAC), but by the middle of the day, they were all completely gone.

I use Paula Dorf's Eye Transformer brush to push the liner below my lashes, and it looks incredibly natural. Yes, it's expensive like all LM makeup, put you hardly use any and it lasts forever.

I actually like this better than my BB Sepia Ink Gel Eyeliner. It wears better (less smudging than the BB) and I like how I can control it better, texture-wise. The BB one is, well, a gel of course, so it can goop up in some spots, but this one is more like a pigmented watercolor. Now I like a smudged look, but I want to be able to control where it smudges, and this worked better for that. The color is better, too, for me. This is a bit lighter, warmer brown- very pretty!

on 11/4/2003 4:47:00 PM

I tried applying eyeliners a bazillion times and it always looked bad UNTIL I tried this. It doesn't wear off and although it is expensive (as all LM products are) the cake form lasts a looooong time. I've had it for a few months and there isn't so much as a divot. The mahogany brown works really well with my PPP red haired, blue eyed complexion. I wore it on my wedding day and it lasted until I took it off at night :)