Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 11/22/2006 12:32:00 AM

I've been using Green Cream for about a month and a half, and I'm pretty pleased with it. I started with some samples of level 3 and level 6, and I had absolutely no reaction. I bought a full-sized level 9, and this is what I've been using. I have had no purging, and haven't noticed any of the shine that some people complain of. I also haven't had any irritation or redness. I feel like it's helped to reduce fine lines somewhat, and I see some pore refinement. I think this is a great product!

on 11/13/2006 12:04:00 PM

I hate to say but this was one of the worst products I've ever used. I purged so badly...so much so it took weeks to clear up after I went off of it. I started on the lowest level thinking it would fine as I've used Retin A in the past and never had a problem with purging...I was wrong. I broke out all over, while I know it is possible for some to have this, I couldn't stand it enough to stick with it. It was WORSE than I ever had in high school (!). I stopped it after two and a half weeks and wasn't back to normal until a month later. I know this works well for some people, it just didn't work well at all for me. I highly suggest you start out using samples first, to see how your skin will react, and that way you won't be out alot of money (just a few bucks) if it doesn't work well for you.

on 10/12/2006 1:03:00 PM

When I finally got my acne under control (thanks to 5%bp, topical clindamycin & Neostrata 8% glycolic acid toning solution), I was left with red scars and uneven skin tone. THANKS to the lovely MUA ladies on the skincare boards and the reviews (of course!), I was introduced to GREEN CREAM! I had no such luck with Avene Diacneal, so I thought heck; I may as well give GREEN CREAM and the sampler pack (from Linda Sy website) a try. SO GLAD I DID! I've been using the sample tube (6%) for a month now and I am so very pleased. A little goes a long way. I NEVER PURGED (woohoo!) The only negative while using this is that I did experience tightness in skin (from drying) but other than that- nothing bad! My results: smaller, tighter pores, EVEN SKIN TONE!!!, brighter complexion, slight fading in acne scars (but I've only been using for a month). I can't comment on wrinkles. I am only 24 yrs old. LOVE THIS STUFF! When I can get some money I am forking over $40 USD for the full size 6% bottle! I will post again if there is a sudden change. continued >>

on 9/11/2006 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have been using Green Cream for several months now (about a year) and I am thrilled with the results. I started with a sample of level 3, then a sample of level 6. I then used a full sized bottle of level 6 and am now using level 9.

I struggled with cystic acne for years and this has really helped to improve the texture and clarity of my skin. You do break out briefly when you start using this but it should clear up in about 2 weeks. The product is light but also feels moisturising. I use BP as part of my regimen and on the nights where my skin feels a little dry, I can still use this and it softens and moisturises my skin but also works to gently exfoliate. There is no noticeable fragrance either.

This product does contain a small amount of silicones so if you are sensitive to silicones, you may want to use this with caution. Some silicones bother my skin but I have not had any problems with this. It is truly a fantastic product. People see me now and tell me my skin looks clear and glowing.

UPDATE: I took a break to use Retin-A 0.1% which I have used before and did not get the kind of results I got with my GC. The formulation of GC definitely agrees with my skin and personally gives me much better results than I have seen with my prescription Retin-A

Ingredients are: D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue1,red 3. continued >>

on 9/6/2006 6:39:00 PM

I've been using Green Cream since last October of 2005. It's a product that I wouldn't be without. After spending so much on high end products such as Kinerase and La Mer, it's great to be using one that actually works! I've had significant improvement in the neck area and fine lines by my eyes. It has also helped with a more even skin tone and blackheads. I use level 6 on my face and alternate between 3 and 6 on my neck. On my next order, I'm going to level 9 for the face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using GC6 for the last 4 weeks and am stunned and thrilled with the results. I started every other night and after 2 weeks, moved on to every night. Awesome! I also started using around my eyes every 3rd night until 2 weeks ago and now can do my entire face, eyes and all every night. I did not experience any purging. I did not experience any peeling. I only experienced gorgeous skin. I have been using a combination of mild glycolic and salicylic acid for the last 3 years and they cleared up my acne, but the GC has taken my skin to a new level -- smaller, tighter pores with a more even tone and soft texture. Here's my routine and products:

AM:
1. wash with mild cleanser (DESSERT ESSENCE THOROUGHLY CLEAN FACE WASH can be purchased at Whole Foods or any health food store; $7 for 8oz; Ingredients: castile soap, olive oil, coconut oil, organic tea tree oil, chamomile, goldenseal, hawaiian white ginger, bladderwrack, palmarosa, petitgrain, organic lavander & peppermint oil)

2. 5% glycolic, 2% salicylic serum - wait 10 minutes or more if possible before applying next product (ORGANICALS GLYCOLIC DAILY TONER with 5% glycolic, 4.5 pH can be purchased online at www.ingredientstodiefor.com $8 for 8oz; Ingredients: Aloe Extract, Watermelon Extract, Rosehips Extract, Wheat Germ Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract , Glycolic Acid 5%, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Allantoin)

3. aloe vera gel (LILY OF THE DESSERT ALOE VERA GELLY can be purchased at Whole Foods or any health food store; $3.50 for 4oz; Ingredients: organic aloe vera gel, carbomer, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, allantoin potassium sorbate and sodium hydorxide)

4. sunblock (VONETTA EXTREME SUNBLOCK GEL SPF 15 can be purchased at www.beautifulskinshoppe.com; $13 for 1oz; Ingredients: distilled water, glycerin, titanium dioxide, aloe vera, l-castor oil, methyl glycol, plant cellulose, jasmine alcohol, allantoin)

PM:
1. wash with mild cleanser (same as above)

2. 5% glycolic toner - wait 10 minutes, preferable 20 minutes before apply GC to avoid irratation (NANCY K. BROWN 5% GLYCOLIC 2% SALICYLIC GEL EXFOLIANT at 4.5 pH can be purchase at www.nancykbrown.com, a canadian company that can tell you where to purchase in the U.S.; $24 for 2oz; Ingredients: aloe leaf gel, glycolic acid blend, salicylic acid, butylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, allantoin)

3. Green Cream LEVEL 6 - wait 10 minutes if possible before applying next product (GREEN CREAM can be purchased at www.lindasy.com, www.dianayvonne.com and other online locations; $43 for 1oz; Ingredients: D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel, octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue1,red 3)

4. hyaluronic acid moisturizer (HYALURONIC ACID 1% SOLUTION can be purchased at www.ingredientstodiefor.com; $20 for 8oz; Ingredients: distilled water, hyaluronic acid)

42 yr old, very oily, very cystic-acne prone, now just simply awesome skin -- I get carded regularly!

on 8/29/2006 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

MY HG of skincare. I've been on Level 6 for about 5 weeks, and Oh My God!!!! The difference in my skin is remarkable.

Yes...I went thru some purging, but GC finally got rid of all those nasty pimples that were hiding well beneath the surface. The one issue I had was getting little bumps all over my face. I read the GC Community Forum (which by the way, is one of the best around), and the advice was to use a BHA to open up the pores. My Dr. recommened Makeup Artists Choice 8% BHA (I'm doing a separate review on it) and within 1 week, I was clear.

My mom stopped by to see me over the weekend, and she noticed how much clearer and even toned my skin was. I went from using a very heavy foundation (Dermablend) to using a tinted moisturizer!!! YIPPIE

on 6/3/2006 12:12:00 AM

Definitely an HG in the skin care arena. I use level 9 at night (after working up to it using level 6 for several months first) but still keep 6 on hand when 9 gets my lids a little tender and my face a little drier than normal. I alternate between Level 6 and Avon Alternatives, an excellent exfoliator, for my morning cream. I have never experienced results of this caliber from any other routine--smoother, firmer skin with more even coloring; makes your skin feel soft as a baby's butt! Green Cream is the BEST, and using an exfoliator brings out the best in Green Cream. Tip on Avon - my favorite way to get Alternatives is to order the sample packets on Ebay which are a steal costwise, great for portion control (I usually use only a half-packet a day, though sometimes I will splurge with a whole one, lol) and perfect for travel. I won't be changing anything anytime soon, and I am just coming up on 5 months with GC, which as far as I understand, is when it gets the best! Go, AST!
UPDATE: OK, I did this review in 06, it is now 2011 and I thought I should update since it's been a few years since I used GC, and the reason is that they changed the formula and it stopped being such an amazing solution for my skin--not worth the high price tag, anyway. I heard the company was sold, so maybe they changed it then... anyway, I'm sure it will do well for newbies, but those of us looking for more powerful effects probably would notice the difference the most.

on 4/10/2006 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love the Green Cream. I use level 2 and alternate with RetinA and Diacneal. This is a great product, and the only one containing retinol that has not broken me out. I love the light texture, the pump, and best of all the fantastic overnight results always- pores tightened, complexion fresh and rosy, even-colored, overall very fit. It is a staple in my routine.

on 4/7/2006 9:33:00 AM

I can't say enough about this product.... I just love it!! Green Cream does it all for me. It had dramatically improved my 40 year old skin which was getting a rough, uneven texture due to I'm sure too much time in the sun/tanning beds in my younger days. My skin is so much brighter, smoother and tighter with this product. I have been using level 6 for about a year now and am considering switching to 9 but I'm hesitant because I am loving what the 6 does for me. I have used Lamer, Strivectin, Caviar cream, Cellex C, you name it and have found this to be the best! ***UPDATE*** I started using the level 9 two weeks ago and am loving the results already. I was using the level 6 daily at night, and have currently switched to level 9 every other night to give my skin some time to adjust and I have already seen an improvement with the clarity and texture of my skin. I can't wait to start using it daily.