Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 11/6/2005 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. It has noticeably decreased the look of hyperpigmentation that I had on my face from some blemishes. I did go through a week or so period of extreme flaking which was hard to control even with daily exfoliation. I'm using it three times a week now and love the look of my skin.

on 11/3/2005 8:21:00 AM

I don't know why this product get such great reviews! It did nothing for my skin but make it more oily. I'm 24 years old and don't have a lot of wrinkles but I have used prescription retinol products and do see a difference on my skin. I think this does absolutely nothing and is a huge waste of money. On top of that the customer service is terrible. After a week I had not received my order so I emailed to enquire and got no response! Like I said I don't know why everyone likes this but I generally don't hate anything and I do this!!

on 10/28/2005 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the product that inspired me to write reviews. I tend to spend too much time in the sun over the summer, and never really bothered with sunscreen (I know, very very bad! ) I had freckles that were driving me nuts and I have been trying to get rid of them with every thing I could think of. I got Green Cream thanks to MUA, and my skin is already a whole lot brighter and more even. I was going through a phase where I was feeling ugly (thought was my weight being up 5lbs). 2 weeks of using Green Cream and I feel so good about myself. Sad that I let something like my appearance bother me, but now I'm all giddy cause my skin looks so great. I'm so thankfull MUA turned me on to this product. I have pretty tough skin, so used every other day right away and moved up to using it like 4-5x/week rather quickly. I just use Green Cream each night until I notice that my face feels a little sensitive when I apply my morning lotion (with SPF 15!) and then take a night off from the Green Cream. I didn't go through a phase of flaking, but think maybe it's cause my skin is already pretty decent (just discolored). So glad I found this! Thanks!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely happy with this. I started about 2 months ago and it's worked wonders on my skin. I also use a high ppd s/s & C serum, but I'm convinced this is one of the main products that has helped with my stubborn-as-heck melasma. I'm at level 9 and I've gotten past the peeling and purging with nothing left but smooth skin. There may be stronger retinoids out there but they either constantly irritate my skin or include other ingredients that I prefer not to put on my face. The bottle's designed to help keep it stable which includes an air tight pump and opaque package. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell how much is left but if it preserves the actives, it's worth it. I'm on my third month so I'm almost ready for another tube. GC's ingredients:

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue1,red 3.

UPDATE: I've decided to move to something stronger (Tazorac at night), however, I'll still use this in the morning and around my eyes at night since it's moisturizing and my skin has adapted so well to it. UPDATE 6/19: I've come back to GC level 9. Tried Taz at all levels of gel & cream and the .5 cream didn't work and the others were way too harsh even when mixing moisturizer. Tried Diacneal a few times after the raves and how it's supposed to trump CG and not only did it NOT do anything, but it made me constantly break out in bumps that took forever to go away. Despite these other retinoids that are considered "better", they certainly didn't with me. GC trumps everything elsed I've tried on my skin.

on 10/11/2005 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very Very happy with this product. I am 48 with dry, sensitive and heavily lined face. After 2 months my skin tone is brighter, smoother, softer, tighter and fine lines greatly diminished. Not only do I think I look better but I have been getting a enormous number of compliments about how great I look. I use green cream daily in conjunction with Red Tea Serum (Rooibus), hyloronic moisturiser with camelia oil. The simplest and best skincare routine I have ever tried (believe me I have tried them all). Highly recommend green cream.

on 10/1/2005 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Thanks to MUA for the great reviews about green cream!! I am using a sample of level 6, and I think I love it! I ordered a full-size and will update after a week or two. I have some clogs, wrinkles, and pigmentation to work on, which the green cream is perfect for. I am also using the Philosophy Makeup Optional kit, and loving it too. Update: Ok, this works better than anything I've tried. My pigmentation is fading really fast. Lines are getting less noticable. If you're unhappy with your skn, give this a try! January 15,2006: I ordered Level 9, since I love this product so much! You can expect some minor flaking and possibly some irritation in the beginning, but it is so worth it to go slow with this and keep using it. Update: September 23,2006: I am still using Level 9, but have switched to non-detergent cleansers. I am currently using Devita Aloe Moisturizing Cleanser, which is nice for oily/combo skin because it's gentle and balances my skin. Still love Green Cream!

on 9/14/2005 2:16:00 PM

i bought this after reading all the reviews on here and decided to try it. i was very worried about the "purging" process, but it never really seemed to happen with me. I'm not complaining though! I now almost NEVER break out and my skin is smooth and bright. I think that I need to switch to level 9 to get more dramatic results, although i am pleased thus far. I would recomend this to someone for sure.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using the GC since the first week of August and my skin gets better each and every day. I just turned 35 and my skin was starting to sag. I also couldn't get rid of my eye bags no matter what product I used. I tried the caffeinated products and the Lancome Renergie Eye but still no remedy to my problems. Lines on the forehead and nasolabial area made their way to my face approximately 2 years ago due to a very stressful job. I bought the GC in April hoping to get rid of my problems especially the sagging all over my face and the bags under my eyes. The first time I used it, my face looked like I had just slept on it especially under the eyes. I decided not to use it and left it in storage until the first week of August because I was desperate and it seemed that my skin was not improving. I started out using this only on alternate nights and I was dreading going out in the days due to the fact that it made me look so much older but I was a real trooper and stuck with it. I saw results after 4 weeks and I am so glad. I see really good results when I use Kanebo Freshel Whitening Lotion after my face and washed, put on the GC cream, and then put on the Anew Force Extra Triple Lifting Cream as the third step in the evenings. Now my undereye bags are almost gone, my skin is getting unlined, overall the tone is clearer and lighter, feels smoother, no more breakouts, and it's becoming more tighter and firmed. My skin is still oily but I don't expect GC to fix that. Oily skin is not my problem. It's the saggy skin and lines! The cream is going to make you worse before you see improvement but it's well worth it and it works better than any of the expensive creams I've tried (Yes, I'm talking about you Revive, TNS, Lancome, and Dr. Perricone!). EDIT: Stopped using this after August was over and switched to Retin A .025% gel and Tazorac .05% gel and alternate them every other night. I stopped buying Green Cream since the results were better with retinoic acids.

on 9/9/2005 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product lives up to the hype. My skin is extremely dry and extremely sensitive (not to mention really breakout/irritation prone), so I thought it may be too much, but it's been FANTASTIC. I had to go really slow to get my skin used to it, and after 3 months can still use it only every 2nd/3rd night, but my skin has had visible benefits: old blemish scars have lightened, texture has improved greatly, skin tone is better, breakouts are nil. I can get away with wearing a lighter coverage foundation now, and my skin-care routine has been dramatically simplified. I think it's reasonably priced considering it's so effective, I've paid three times as much for products that do nothing. I'll be repurchasing for sure, and when the Level 3 comes out, I'll get that to use around my eye area. Actually my skin is probably better suited to the Level 3, I'd be able to use that daily, so I may switch to that for my whole face.

UPDATE Jan 06: Have switched to Level 3 for my whole face, still love it, but due to medical issues my skin is even drier than ever before (I didn't even know that was possible), and I'm having ongoing issues with flakiness which is annoying.
Update Oct 07: This is a good product if it suits your skin type (my mother with oily skin had brilliant results with it), but it is too drying for my very dry skin, esp with the alcohol content. I wanted a more emollient retinoid so that I don't have to layer so many products at night - I used to really slather the moisturiser on after this and I worried I was decreasing its effectiveness by doing so, and perhaps inadvertently buffering it. I also peeled constantly while on it. I've now switched to Renova 0.025% and love it though I'm yet to review it.

on 9/1/2005 11:33:00 PM

i dont usually muster up the effort to review products, but RAVE for GC. its fairly expensive, $40 a bottle, and i'd use it up in a few months, but it's very worth it. in less than 2 months, i've seen radical results- fewer breakouts, cleared acne scars, faded broken capillaries, and faded discolorations, among other things. although you might have to endure a good amount of purging, flaking, irritation, wrinkling, it's very worth it. i like this because you can actually tell you're getting results, instead of using a product that you have no idea if it's working or not. i see my skin being pulled tighter, i see my skin tone improve almost overnight, etc. just try it! if you're skin isn't super super sensitive, it's totally worth the minor short term annoyances and get great skin in the long run.