Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 3/7/2007 2:03:00 PM

I wanted so badly to like Green Cream. About a year and a half ago, I had a sudden on-set of adult acne and have been battling it since. I tried Retin A, but it always destroyed my face (I would be clear, yes, but my skin would be bright red and painful). Green Cream was just not strong enough for my mild, but persistant acne. I really didn't want to give it a bad review because the people over at greencream.com are great. But I wanted to let the ladies purchasing for acne reasons, you may want to stick with what your dermatologist gives you.

I have tried Retin A many, many times and each time I have to discontinue use because the product leaves my skin raw and red. I try going very slow and conservatively but it doesn't seem to matter. My skin and Retin A just don't mesh. Now along came Green Cream. To be honest, since it was "just a retinol", I was a bit leery that it wouldn't be near strong enough to cause noticeable improvements in my skin. Well, it turns out that I was wrong, wrong, wrong. However they produce this product, it ends up allowing me to get the active ingredient to my skin in a manner that doesn't rip apart my skin or greatly damage the skin barrier. Retin A is great if you can use it! But, I couldn't so I am very grateful for the GC 6 that is part of my nightly routine.

on 1/25/2007 12:25:00 PM

This is my first review here ... and it is a serious rave for Green Cream. I am 34. I've always had decent skin, combo oily in the t-zone. Few blemishes, but no acne. But ... even though I've been taking care of my skin since mid-20's, my complexions was looking tired. Fine lines under my eyes were starting to form. Pores were looking larger. I heard about Green Cream, and started off with Level3 in May 06. I did it for 2 weeks of daily use then moved up to Level 6. I had no reactions, and little results with level 3. Level 6, OTOH, I started flaking and some purging, but that's what it is supposed to do - squeeze out all the goop from your pores and exfoliate off the upper layer of skin. You can combat the flakes by using a rough washcloth. I went thru 2 bottle of Level 6 of daily use. I put under my eyes and even on my lids with no problems (test carefully first to see your experience, though.) I moved up to level 9 in Nov 06. I cannot tell you how pleased I am. My skin looks brighter and refreshed. It is tighter, the lines that had started under my eyes are gone. My forehead lines are diminished, though still there. My pores are smaller and tighter. I get so many comments on my skin now. I'm truely a convert over to GC.

on 1/8/2007 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Here’s my testimonial to this stuff…it rocks! After multiple failed attempts at regaining the control level of my acne problem, I used a sample of green cream. There was not enough time or product to give it a fair evaluation using just a sample so I took the plunge and ordered a full-size Level 9 bottle from an online spa. I was highly reluctant since anything with the word ‘cream’ in it scares me…my pores clog up from the word alone! I am also on prescription Retin-A, the highest strength, have been for more years than I can count, and lost the control level after some time. I was breaking out at a rate of 3 to 4 pimples a day. It was an ugly, swollen, and painful situation, which set me back and put me into tears. I have fought this disease for so long and can’t believe how it just got out of control again. My hormones were influencing this greatly but I did not want to subject myself to hormonal therapy. I do recall when I first started Retin-A therapy that it wasn’t until about 4 months that I started to see clear skin. I did go through the purge so I knew to be patient with this green cream. The very first night I used it I was shocked the next morning! I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin, especially around the chin area and the smoothness was undeniable. Although the prescription strength Retin-A has a higher percent of retinol than the green cream and one would think it would thus work better, it does not for me. The difference lies in the transport vehicle. The Retin-A is gel/cream-based and the green cream is a gel-based polymer. It is quite cooling when applied. You really can’t form a ‘pea’ when you squirt this stuff out so it basically comes out to a ‘squirt-size’ amount of green cream that is applied to the face and sometimes neck and chest area. One squirt covers it all and continued use at this level will last about a month before you need to replenish your stock (just take the bottom cover off to check the level on occasion). I used Level 9 nightly for 3 solid months before attempting a review because I wanted to give this stuff a fair chance and I recall how when first using Retin-A, that it took at least 4 months or so to get clear. Some folks think they can then stop when clear and that they are cured. That is not the case with a disease like acne. What you want to achieve is the ‘control’ level. Whatever it takes to get there then that is what you must maintain daily in order to keep your skin clear. The green cream is non-troublesome at night, unlike BPO and other acne/retinoid creams, which have heaviness to them. As for the acne, I was breaking out terribly (or purging, as some like to call it) from this green cream in the first 2 months of usage but kept reading and remembering to be patient. I truly almost did give up on it thinking how sad that it turned on me. The acne that was developing however was different from my usual painful cystic disgusting nodules and pustules. They were smaller and more like whiteheads so I knew something was happening and perhaps leading to something…something good, that is. At last, I hit the control level in the 3rd month of usage! I cannot believe my chin…I am typically sporting heavy huge acne on it, which sets me into tears for the most part. Now, it's clear! I sometimes felt sorry for my skin that it has to take so much abuse and cannot possibly imagine it can handle one more pimple…but those dang things manage to find pore after pore after pore. Until green cream came along, that is! My skin is scarred and changed due to being traumatized from so many acne inflammations, but I nourish it well. I now own Level 3 and Level 6 of the green cream and use them on the weekends and when I want sort of a light coverage. I typically cocktail them with C and ferulic acid based serums. I experience zero problems from any level of the green cream with the exception of minimal irritation on my upper neck or just below my chin on the very soft part of my upper neck. It was red and dry for a while but was easily corrected with a light moisturizer and simple avoidance of the area when applying the green cream. It took me over a year to get the courage to use the little sample jar of green cream and I wish I had done it sooner. I would have saved my skin from some major acne breakouts and would have saved a lot of emotional pain. I can now form a fair evaluation of this stuff after a good 3-4 months of usage…it has proved to be a miraculous product in dealing with my skin issues. Super duper stuff and I can finally smile again and not be so embarrassed and even ridiculed for my acne problem. In addition, facial lines and pores are greatly diminished and my skin color and tone are greatly enhanced. Wow! P.S. for more info go to: http://greencream.com/communityboard

on 1/5/2007 6:38:00 PM

I'm not really impressed. I've used up my sample of this and haven't noticed any significant improvements in my complexion (I jumped straight to 6 since I have tough, resistant skin). In fact, I broke out quite badly last month (due to stress, I think) and this did nothing to help. It didn't hurt (I'm not attributing the break-out to GC, though I'd be remiss to not mention it) but it didn't do anything positive either. I would not repurchase. I'm currently testing Avene's retinaldehyde products and am hoping they'll work out better for me than Green Cream did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product did absolutely nothing for me. Normally I only give 1-lippie reviews to products that actually affect my skin in a negative way, but for a product to have such high claims, hype, and cost, I expected something. It gave my skin that retinoid sensitivity and flakiness so that everything I tried to apply to my skin burned, but made no difference in terms of pore size or cloginess, skin tone/evenness, acne or acne marks. I used level 6 and used it for several months without result. Because the salon I bought it from -- according to the website, the only salon in the San Diego area that sells it, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it there due to their return policy -- doesn't accept returns, it was $50 down the drain. That's nearly twice what much larger tubes of rx skin treatments cost under my insurance! I would expect this from a $10 antiaging treatment but $50 is too much to pay for absolutely no result. Meanwhile my Alpha Hydrox souffle does everything I expected the Green Cream to do based on these reviews for $16, without making my skin overly sensitive. continued >>

on 12/22/2006 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE Green Cream! Hooray! I want to shout it from the rooftops.....I have been using Green Cream for 6 months consistently (alternating between Level 3 and Level 6), and the results are incredible.

I agree with the other reviewers that used to use heavy foundation--I don't even need foundation now! My skin is glowing and every morning my husband tells me how great my skin looks so this product is worth it's weight in gold!

By the way, I have very acne-prone skin and USED to break out a lot. Now, if I feel a blemish coming on, I just spot it with Level 6 and it's gone by the next day.

I HIGHLY recommend this ptoduct more than any other beauty product I have reviewed on this board--REAL, consistent results.

on 12/21/2006 8:55:00 PM

I'm in the minority here, but I just don't think this product is for me. I've been using the level 6 cream and am almost through the first bottle. I did experience some flaking at first, but that was to be expected and not severe, although I still do get flakes on my nose which is annoying. I don't have acne-prone skin, but I do have large, easily-clogged pores on my nose and am prone to uneveness and slight redness which is what I was hoping this product would help with. Well, nothing has really happened and, in fact, I find my skin looks worse on the days after I use it at night (I use it about 4 times a week). I'm 29 with no fine lines, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness in that department. I'll finish up the bottle since I hate throwing things away, but I don't see a re-purchase in my future.

on 11/27/2006 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm one of the few who didn't benefit from this product. I've used it for a year religiously hoping that it would get better, but it never did. I even joined the green cream forum to work it out, but after a year of trying I realized that this product just wasn't for me. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and the green cream didn't help improve any of my skin issues. I've never stop breaking out and my skin became more sensitive even through moisturizing and applying high sunscreen. Also, it didn't do anything for my blackheads. No skincare benefit everyone and the green cream is no exception.

I've been using Green Cream since July when I read about it on lindasy.com and ordered 2 samples. Had wanted to but was afraid to use a retinol product previously because of extremely sensitive skin with occasional eczema and rosacea flare-ups. But I started out slowly on beginner's level 3, only using it twice a week and working up to twice a day, and have now advanced to stronger level 6. I knocked it down a rating point because of the light peeling I've experienced, along with a couple of flare-ups of bad irritation. I almost quit because my skin was red and burning so bad for a couple of days earlier this month, although I was under a lot of stress at the time. I understand results with this product are not overnight, but I can honestly say that so far it's made a modest improvement in my skin and has actually reversed some of the sun damage on my neck, so I'm sticking with it.