Neutrogena Light Night Cream

Neutrogena Light Night Cream

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Dimethicone, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me, it left my face greasy but not moisturized and it clogged my pores, grrr!! I would not repurchase.

on 8/4/2008 11:59:00 PM

I applied this product to my face immediately after showering. Two hours later, I had brand new pimples all over my right cheek; which I can only assume came from this creme, since my skin routine has not changed otherwise. I have so much of this left, and don't want to waste it, so I've started applying it to my neck at night, and that works fine.

All in all: it breaks out my face, but works fine on my neck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

No matter how much I massaged this into my skin it was always greasy and made my skin feel gross. Even if I only used a tiny amount. I'm disappointed, because my face really isn't even THAT oily. Might be good for people with super dry skin, or maybe in the winter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very good night cream..yes it is a bit greasy but not overly so. It is one of the few that glides on skin like silk without any pulling or tugging. A night cream should be very moist rather than totally disappear. It does absorb after awhile but not completely. It is free of color and fragrance which is great for sensitive skin and it has few ingredients cuz the more crap they add too a product the more harm it does your skin. It can even double up as an eye cream without any irritation to delicate area or eyes.. In the morning my skin looks glowing and moist. I have tried others but always come back to this one. If it aint broke dont fix it.

This stuff is awful. It is greasy and doesnt sink into your skin at all. It just sits and the greasy feeling does not go away untill you wash it off. I will definitly not re-purchase. For the price ($10), you would think it would be a decent product.

First, the jar packaging is unsanitary. This cream is anything but light; it's kinda thick. I don't like that it doesn't sink into the skin and it clogged my pores for sure.

on 12/13/2007 1:28:00 PM

I also found this product to be very runny. I imagined night creams to be a lot thicker. This stuff seems to dry out my forehead a bit, though it is good for my dry cheeks. The strange thing is, my mom uses this as her daily facial lotion and swears by this stuff, so maybe this only works with certain skin chemistries/textures.

on 7/16/2007 4:01:00 AM

This moisturizer didn't seem to sink in at all; it just kind of sat on my face and started to feel almost like I was sweating (very strange) after a while. Also gave me some dry patches on my lower cheeks. Overall it wasn't moisturizing enough for me, especially for night.

on 4/16/2007 3:26:00 AM

The cream was too runny. Didn't do much for my face and ended up using it as a body lotion when I was bored with it so as not to waste it.

I've seen this on store shelves since I was a kid, yet just recently got around to trying it. The mineral oil in the ingredients list always scared me away. But it also contains sesame oil, which is very absorbable and moisturizing (to my skin, at least) and the consistency is very spreadable, not like some other d/s creams that contain mineral/petrolatum, such as L'oreal. It's a good, simple, pretty heavy duty moisturizer with no active ingredients. I have combo, black head prone t-zone and dry cheeks, and I use a small amount of this cream in conjunction with Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Acne BHA and Retinol combo. It's kept my skin from feeling irritated or peeling. While the packaging looks simple and nice enough, I wish it came in a tube instead of a petri dish of an open pot.