Neutrogena Light Night Cream

Neutrogena Light Night Cream

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Dimethicone, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product does moisturise quite well, and some acne inflammation has settled a little. However, I'm giving it a rating of 3 due to a lack of "wow" factor. This product is ok. I probably wouldn't buy it again because I'd like to explore other night creams, hopefully I'll find something that brightens/clears up my complexion more (if such a product exists). However, if all else fails I'd come back to it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Everyone should have a night cream! I was on the hunt for something that was dye and fragrance free and would not cost a arm and leg.My face gets easily irritated and breaks out with any type of heavy dyes and fragrance.I can not beleave that most of the products that are out there that are loaded with them!Who really cares if their lotion smells like flowers anyway?Well Neutrogena's Light Night Cream was just what I wanted.I don't have severe dry skin,so if you do, look elsewhere,but If you just want a little extra moisture at night this is perfect.It has not clogged my pores or made me break out.My dry patches from acne spot treatments are no more! It can feel heavy and greasy if you use too much.I just dap a little all over from the lid.I'm not crazy about the tub it comes in,but atleast I have more control over the product and because I use this directly out of the shower I'm not really worried about it being hygienic.

on 2/21/2010 1:35:00 PM

This is exactly what it says it is- a light night cream. It keeps my skin sufficiently moisturised all night long as sleeping in an air-conditioned room can be rather drying, and in the morning my skin feels supple. Although there's nothing much to rave about, the fact that I have no complaints about it is worth 4 lippies. :)

on 2/17/2010 11:08:00 AM

So I have a few tubs of this stuff thanks to my hoarding mother (bless her!). I tend to be prone to really dry and flaky skin around my mouth and my cheeks so I am always obsessively moisturizing those areas after I wash my face or a shower. This product is excellent for such purpose. It is a rather “light” cream – no oily residue upon application. It’s a little sticky, but soon evaporates or absorbs away within a few minutes. Nonetheless, if you’re planning on layering blush or some other face product on top of the moisturized area, it wouldn’t hurt to brush on some translucent powder as color clumping can occur.
As for the moisturizer’s properties – it of medium consistency. Not very running, but not very gloppy. It’s really great and a cinch to smear on before bedtime or before your daily make-up routine. As far as I can tell, it has no real discernible scent and it’s not irritating at all.
My mom used to stock me up with loads and loads of L’oreal face creams (I have no idea where she gets all this stuff? She is a bit of a rebate/coupon queen!). I actually prefer this facial moisturizer to all others. It’s perfect for my dry spots and doesn’t break me out. Now I’m not too sure I’ll ever repurchase this myself as my mom has a whole arsenal waiting for me in her bathroom closet (hah!). But I am definitely a fan.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this! My skin is terribly sensitive and acne prone. I needed a night cream because my skin is dry, and the day moisturizers just werent enough. I love this, it moisturizes, it isnt heavy. It glides on so smooth and best part.. it doesnt aggrivate my skin or break me out! Love it!

on 2/10/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's not great but it's not the worst. The only word that really comes to mind is "eh." I'll use it in the future is I have absolutely nothing else around but I definitely won't buy again. I normally have oily skin but have begun getting dry patches around my nose and mouth. I use a daytime moisturizer with SPF and needed something different for night. I figured since I'm normally oily a "light night cream" would be exactly what I needed. Wrong. It doesn't really feel creamy. It doesn't have any kind of thick consistency so it sort of just sits on top of your skin and slides around. I didn't research before buying, I just saw it int he store for cheap and grabbed it. Next time I'll do my research. Save your money, folks!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this because I have oily combo skin that in the winter gets really dry around my nose and lips. I used this to spot treat these areas, this is ok. I should of just purchased a tub a cetaphil cream, cheaper and a little better IMHO.

on 1/17/2010 7:31:00 AM

This product was a nightmare! I bought it because I was looking for a night cream that wouldn't clog my pores or feel heavy on my face. Unfortunately, this failed on both accounts. The tub that it comes in is not sanitary at all because you have to dip your fingertips into it every night. It felt heavy and disgusting on my face and the worst part is that I broke out TERRIBLY from this stuff. So much for it not clogging pores! Ladies beware - save your money! I'm a big fan of Neutrogena products, but this is one that I hope gets discontinued!

on 1/8/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would buy this product again only because it does make my skin feel smooth and soft, but as far as the price goes it's expensive. I dont like the packaging, I wish it was a pump instead of a tube.
During winter time, it's not moisturizing enough. I have combination skin, so it gets dry around my cheeks area. I had to mix this with another moisturizer to get full moisture.

on 10/12/2009 3:05:00 PM

Great night moisturizer - hasn't made me breakout and has kept my skin from drying out overnight.