Neutrogena Light Night Cream

Neutrogena Light Night Cream

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Dimethicone, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 11/20/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One jar of this cream lasted me about 7 months ... however it should be noted that i didn't use it every night during the summer months because it was so hot at night time, and I used a lighter day moisturizer during those nights! It is light for a night cream otherwise, and absorbs quickly into the skin. I find it had a more watery consistency than a paste like consistency, which made me a little leery because it seems oilier that way! (and no, it's not a water based gel or anything). It's the first night cream I've used, and I didn't notice any huge changes to my face (it didn't become less oily), but it didn't cause me to break out! So, it could be a safe bet for you if you just need a night cream to apply after you wash and tone at night :). I'm trying Nivea Light Night Cream for Normal/Combination skin right now, so I'll have something to compare it to later!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Originally, I wanted to find a decent moisturizer for my face at night. I got this moisturizer at the store simply because it said "night" and it was the cheapest among other night creams. Plus, it's Neutrogena, so my silly instincts got the better of me!
When I started to use the moisturizer, I noticed that my skin actually felt smoother! I'm oily with light acne, so I'm glad to know that this does NOT make me break out!

I used to use this moisturizer in my early 20s and got a lot of compliments on how nice and dewy my skin looked whenever I applied this moisturizer. Several people actually went out to buy this cream after I told them that this was the cream I used. For some reason I stopped using this product. Maybe it's cause it was fairly inexpensive, ordinary packaging, didn't have luxurious scent. Maybe because it wasn't hyped and got average reviews. I remember getting sucked into the whole La Mer product line and other expensive expensive creams. I even tried out the supposedly amazing, top-rated Olay Regernist cream. Now that I'm in my 30s, my skin is super dry! No cream is able to penetrate my skin except for this one. It is very greasy but if you apply it at night, your skin will look dewy and just right when you wake up in the morning.

on 6/3/2011 1:14:00 AM

Ok so I've been using this product for a few weeks now. I have mixed feelings. First of all, there was nothing LIGHT about this cream. The first time I used it, I felt like it just sat on top of my skin and didn't get absorbed at all. It felt greasy to me too and I was very displeased. The past few times I've used it however it seems to be a bit lighter (though I would still not consider it a light cream) and my skin seems to be taking it in better (although my skin may just be dryer or something who knows). I feel like now I'm down to the second layer in the jar and the product seems to be mixed better or whatever. I will say however that I never broke out from this product. I am going to try and use what is left in the jar which it comes with a lot. Either way I will probably not repurchase but at least I don't feel like I have to waste any of it.

on 5/31/2011 6:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this cream. I never realized how good it is for my skin until i stopped using it thinking i needed to find something better. I feel so good after putting it on my skin feels so soft and supple, not tight or dirty, just nice like your skin after you've just patted it dry. :)

on 5/15/2011 4:45:00 AM

I found this night cream works well.
I use a tiny dab to apply to my face and neck.
It feels quite solid heavy for a "light" night cream but it does soak into my skin after I rub it in. It does its jobs and keeps my skin moist, but no fancy acne killing or anti-aging tricks.
My skin was very well behaved during the time period I used this.
Considering the no frills for acne or aging, this is quite a pricey drugstore product.
I do not like the container tub jar for sanitation reasons and product shelf life reasons.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find this to be rather rich and it is a rather intensive moisturizer. I used this all through my late teens and early 20's for no other reason that the fact that it worked. It kept my skin soft and keep dyness at bay. Then when I got a little older, I read that this moisturizer was considered to be "old fashioned" and didn't have any state of the art ingredients in it, so I rotated through so many other products, before I decided to come back to this one. I use this several times a week on my face and often on my chest and hands. It does a good job of heavy duty moisturizing. This isn't someting that will magically improve your skin texture or prevent breakouts, etc... but it is a very good, totally non-irritating basic night cream. Good to use after you've applied a treatment of some sort (i.e. like a retinol or AHA) and need some extra moisturizing. And for the price, it's affordable to keep a jar on hand.

on 3/7/2011 10:06:00 AM

I needed a nourishing (yet cheap) night cream for my sensitive, combo, middle-aged skin. (My skin seems to go through oily and dry phases throughout the year, so I alternate periods of using night cream with using light lotions or no lotion at all.) This is perfect for me. I apply all over my face with damp hands, then apply additional dabs to extra-dry areas. I wish it came in a more sanitary tube, but I'm very happy with the product. Apparently my skin loves sesame oil--my skin also loves avocado and grapeseed oils and hates olive oil and cocoa butter (massive breakouts). Your mileage may vary! People seem to have widely varying reactions to natural oils. If this breaks you out, this makes a great (albeit pricey) hand cream. For me, not only is this not giving me any zits, it's rapidly healing old acne spots, making it easier to remove blackheads, and giving my skin a supple glow. For those who want a lighter, oil-free night cream, I highly recommend Eucerin Redness Relieving. (If that's too heavy, forget night cream--either skip the moisturizer or stick to thin lotions, serums, and gels).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is exactly what it advertising to be- a light night cream. No more, no less. I use it after my ROC retinol serum. I use it very sparingly and I have no greasy feeling and no breakouts from it. I like that it is a simple cream I can moisturize with after my retinol. The only thing I would change would be to put it in a tube instead of a jar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great moisturizer that i use for day and night. it can be greasy, but if used sparingly it can give your skin a beautiful healthy glow.