Ben Nye LiquiSet

Ben Nye LiquiSet

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

on 4/23/2005 4:21:00 PM

I have tried MAC mixing medium (water based) and Benefit SheLaq and I would have to say that Ben Nye Liquiset has the same consistancy as MAC mixing medium but it's a lot cheaper. I paid 3.50$ for 1 oz. Like the other reviewers noted, you can't mix this directly with pressed eye shadows because it will change the consistancy of them but I mostly use this for my Bare Escentuals glimmers which are loose or my MAC pigments. I take a glass bowl and mix them in that. The only drawback for me is that the Ben Nye liquiset just has a screw on cap, and you can't just pour it out because the opening is huge. You can't double dip the brush so before hand I take some out and lay it out in a seperate bowl but I have to work kind of quick. The price is amazing since you're going to pay at least 5-10X the amount for another brand name and the 1 oz size should last me a good 2 or 3 years.

on 7/15/2005 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Liquiset is the best for mixing with pigments or using eyeshadows wet...nothing works better! And it's so cheap...the only thing I don't like about it is that it is so watery that it tends to be runny and it takes practice to get used to how much should be used to create the desired effect...other than that...great!!

on 9/21/2005 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this primarily for "making" eyeliners out of shadows or pigments, but also for when I want my shadow to be extra-long wearing. It's only around $4 for a small bottle and can be found at costume shops or online. Fantastic product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this to mix with my eyeshadows to make them last longer when wearing them. I have found that you only have to use a *tiny* bit in order to get this to work correctly. If you use too much it tends to make your eyeshadow streak and look awful. It also can ball up. Gross.

EDIT: I have been using this as a mixer for eyeshadows to create a liner and it is AWESOME. My liner stays on for hours with very little smudging. I want more of this!

on 6/30/2006 12:08:00 AM

I've repurchased this several times already, not because it doesn't last long, but because the packaging is rather awful and I've spilled it countless times. However, the product is wonderful, far better than Aromaleigh's Indelible Sealant, which is more expensive. I also use it on my eyebrows after applying brow powder, and it's wonderful. Definitely one of the most effective, cheapest products in my arsenal.

on 7/17/2006 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! what am I doing wrong here? I can't get this stuff to work for anything! I have tried this with Mac pigments, 5 various etailer pigments, and a wide assortment of pressed shadows. I have gotten the same results everytime....streaky, cakey balled up mess! I have tried it with and without primer and I have tried it thin and thick. I usually put a bit of pigment in a dish....dip a brush in liquiset until it's wet and mix whatever is on the brush with the pigment and apply. First stroke is streaking and when I brush over to try to blend it balls up and gets even more streaky. I haven't tried is using it to line since I like a smudgy dry line. I also haven't tried brushing it on top to seal since I use and love ben nye final seal for this purpose and I was looking for a mixing medium to replace plain water. I think for now I'll just stick with water since it does the job well enough for me. I paid pocket change for this little bottle and it was worth at least trying it out.

on 1/20/2007 9:07:00 PM

I really, really wanted this at first, and then I bought it and was not impressed. I thought that this would truly hold my eyeshadow in place, but alas, it did not. I purchased it in the "snap cap" bottle (like shampoo and conditioner bottles, only smaller). The packaging made it inconvenient to use. DO NOT mix this into pressed eyeshadows, the liquiset will ruin then. I mostly used the Liquiset for loose pigments. I tried mixing a little pigment w/ this, and then using it, but the result always flaked and easily rubbed off with water. Blending was also difficult. I tried different techniques to use this, but the results were always the same. But I suppose this is better than nothing...

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Not bad as a mixing medium, but frankly i've had great success with Murine Natural Tears (yes - eyedrops!!) mixed with MAC pigments or MAC Veluxe Pearl eyeshadow or UrbanDecay eyeshadow or Almay eyeshadow. BenNye has worked with all of these as well but: only one sweep can be applied to eyelid. If i need to add more, it gets patchy colour bits on my eyelid = unhappy me. i went to MAC for the water-based mixing medium, only to be told i had to go to the Pro Store. Was in 'hood of Hiscott's and found this instead! Waaaay cheaper (cost me $8). i put some pigment into a sample jar, then i pour a bit of the BenNye Liquiset - mix and apply w/ a brush = lovely! Easy application! Easy mixing! Vibrant colour! No irritation. No allergic reaction.That being said, the only real diff b/w eyedrops vs. BenNye is: mixing Pigment with eyedrops gives an odd lumpy texture but i can always smooth that out and add more, so i'll repurchase my Eyedrops and won't repurchase BenNye. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I tried and tried. I used it with powders, cake liners, and eyeshadows. Can't make this work for me. It ended up flaking off. Eyedrop and powder mixture worked better for me, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This peeled and flaked off on me and I had to throw it away, good thing it was cheap. I want to try MUFEs eye seal next...using visine eye drops is not cutting it, lol!