Zirh Scrub

4.2

on 5/9/2004 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a clear gel, but once applied to the face, you can feel the granules. I've experienced no breakouts. This product gives my beloved Origins Swept Clean scrub a run for its money. The clean spicy citrus scent is not overwhelming, but it does smell masculine. Itís decently priced for the amount of product. I recommend this for people who have non-sensitive, normal to oily skin.

Update 6/04: I still like this product, but the packaging leaves little to be desired. I dropped the tube in the shower, and it hit at an angle that caused a puncture and product started oozing. Needless to say I had to transfer it to another container. I may have to reconsider purchasing this again. continued >>

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My husband and I both love this scrub. What a rush! It smells phenom, and the grit particles are fine and regularly shaped, which makes for the best possible result. This is neither the most expensive scrub out there nor the cheapest, but for the money, it is one of the best scrubs I have tried. Also, it smells far more expensive than it is ($14.50 USD). I will warn that my face is very oily and can withstand far more exfoliation than most women's skin. So for those ladies whose skin doesn't need that much babying or fragile care, I would highly recommend this. Of course, most men could use this product, and would probably love it.

If you need something super gentle yet still very effective, I would recommend ORIGINS NEVER A DULL MOMENT as one of the best exfoliators and a truly great value for the money, though slightly more expensive. It is excellent (not gritty; uses enzymes to dissolve and exfoliate dead skin cells). I am giving it a shout out here because I don't think many MUAers are aware of it. It only has 3 reviews at the moment, but all are 5 lippie, 100% repurchase. continued >>

on 12/7/2003 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is great for a sensitive and oily and acne prone skin like me. The beads are too small to see. Smells light . Not so expensive. So effective. No irritation. No reason to dislike this. I used a sample. I'll buy this.

This I can only review from vicarious experience. My boyfriend uses Zirh's entire line and this has got to be his favorite product. It has nice little smooth grains in it and smells simply delish. He alternates this with Clean a few times a week and his skin feels nice and smooth afterwards. He uses this in the shower after a few minutes of steam because he says it seems to get the softened ded skin cells off better that way. A+.

on 6/30/2003 11:56:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but my face got irrtated and skinned. I had three weeks to recover from it...too bad.

I bought this for the brother, and I decided to give it a try. Man, I dont know if I was having a good skin day or what, but my skin was silky and smooth like a baby. Very diff from any other scrub I've ever tried. At first I was like "where are the scrubbing granules?". But then I began to feel them, they are soo fine and gentle (yet still effective), its unbelievable. Im not crazy about the smell at all, but I dont care, it's still awesome.

on 5/21/2003 5:41:00 PM

ow! this scrub hurts my face! i guess i just have very sensitive skin since everyone else thinks its gentle. i got out of the shower after using it and my face was all red and irritated :(

on 5/11/2003 8:51:00 PM

GREAT. I love it because it's something my SO and I can both use. It feels great. Feels clean, not too harsh yet aggressive. It's very reasonably priced IMO. I don't like the packaging--the tube cracks when you get down to the end of it, and the coloring flakes off all over the place. Makes for a messy vanity and fingertips. Other than that, raves!

on 3/31/2003 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, this is supposed to be for men and the scent is unmistakably for men to use, but man, this stuff is awesome! Had a NARS makeover by a national artist recently and he commented on the smoothness of my skin, thanks to this scrub. $14.50 buys you a 3.4 oz tube that I keep in my shower and use once or twice a week. I have oily skin that definitely needs exfoliation at least once a week, and this does not make my skin irritated. (I'm quite sensitive to scrubs). And it's gentle, not jagged harsh scrub particles. A little is all you need though - too much may overexfoliate your skin. Love it!

on 2/26/2003 5:40:00 PM

This was such a Homer Simpson bowling ball gift--I bought it for my boyfriend's birthday, after hearing it won awards, but secretly desired it for myself. At first I thought it might not be effective--it looked like a clearish liqui-gel goo, and I couldn't see any grains. I couldn't feel any grains until after I started scrubbing for a second or two. Then I could REALLY FEEL the grains, and they are effectively "scrubby" enough without being abrasive, nor being useless (like a zillion scrubs out there). I could also tell the grains weren't sharp and irregular, they felt very "even." The scent is definitely masculine, but not overpoweringly so. Smells kind of like a man who put on cologne 5 hours ago and is running through a meadow on a crisp spring day. Definitely a keeper, or, in my case, a stealer.