MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.4

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

MUFE's matte eye shadow has to be my favorite product ever and being a makeup artist I'm very picky. At $17 CAD you just can't go wrong. They are very intensely pigmented and have great staying power. They work very well on darker skin tones. I myself am quite pale, and I love the dramatic look it gives. A lot goes a far way, but I suggest knowing a bit about application and blending first to use these powerful colours. Can be used wet or dry. MUFE has the star power MAC just can't hold a candle to.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought MUFE's e/s in Irish Mist - I was impressed by the vibrant green shade and the generous size of the pan. Irish Mist is a matte shadow, and I'm not sure if that's why it's so incredibly chalky looking on my NC30 olive lids. It's verrry poor in terms of quality and pigmentation...This is coming from a habitual MAC and UD devotee. The shadow just sort of falls off of my lids, if that's even possible (?). I tried using it with a Visine-damp liner brush as well [MAC 266] and the faintest bit of color shows up. Not worth my time, effort and cash! I'm going to turn this into a loose powder and mix a bit of Frost pigment into it. I'm definitely not going to continue to use it as is, and I'll never purchase another MUFE e/s again. :P

on 10/20/2003 9:49:00 AM

Great prices, only $26AUD.
Nice pigments, and eyeshadow pans can be used on both eyes and cheeks (of course, depending upon the colour! :P)
Would definitely buy again, am lemming a 10-pan palette! :D

MUFE shadows have a great color range. However, the consistency is not as silky as some of the higher end shadows such as Chantecaille and Stila, nor some lowend shadows such as Isadora (which is basically drugstore) and Mirenesse (which I think is silkier than Chantecaille, but alas has a limited color range with few shimmers). I got this in #10, a golden yellow shimmer. It's not a bad color and blends well with silver shadows for a natural look but feels chalky. Again, will try to finish it but will not repurchase.

on 4/2/2003 11:38:00 AM

I bought the shadow in #75 (a bright neon pink) The pigment is fab and I love the feel of the shadow. I would recommend this brand to all!