MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.4

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 1/26/2006 1:20:00 AM

Great shadow but should be worn with a base it bring them to their full potential. The packaging isn't the prettiest and looks cheaper than it is but great product and it last forever.

on 10/24/2005 11:51:00 AM

I love these! I carry eyeshadow around in my bag, and these are the only ones that don't crumble and disintegrate. The pigment is very strong on the matte colours, but it looks good with blending and comes off easily with eye makeup remover. The colours are amazing, and if you don't like high pigment, just go for one of the shimmery colours!

Amazing pigmention. Anytime I need a vibrant colour, I go to MakeUp Forever. The only tiny problem I find with it is, it's a little too pigmented. I wear the fushcia shadow sometimes, and it never completely comes off until the end of the next day. So if I don't wear makeup the day after wearing it, people will think that I've been crying because it's "stained" my skin. It's ok though, cuz I haven't found any other line that makes so many awesome shades with such quality.

on 9/11/2005 2:21:00 PM

I own four colours of these e/s (#51 red, #31 med blue/purple, #92 royal purple, #33 grey) and the colours are vibrant and have great staying power. They are so highly pigmented that the deeper shades will actually leave a trace of colour behind, even when I use cold cream to remove my eye makeup! I do find that they are difficult to blend due to their dry texture, but when applied wet - they give dramatic finishes. A lot of stage MA use these for dancers and actors, that's why I went for the more unusual shades that I can't find anywhere else. These aren't colours I use daily, but when I need something dramatic and that I know will withstand wear, I use these. I bought these colours a few years ago when I was experimenting with crazy colours, now I'm thinking of buying some neutral shades to see how they perform with daily use. I really like the fact that these are matte colours - I'm getting a bit tired of all the shimmer and glitter of MAC shadows. This site has really accurate photos of the colours. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in no# 93 (irish mist it's called on sephora). Not to be arrogant, but I have great taste in colors, and I am UBER UBER UBER picky. NOthing pleases me.. but seriously.. this is the most perfect green eyeshadow ever invented. I don't know how to describe it.. I took a chance and ordered it on sephora.. I love bright true colors... I can never find a good green. The only other one I found I've ever liked applies too dry and chalky matte. This is still matte..but it goes on very silky smooth.. I wish it was shimmery..but you can always add some on top. Its a true green..its definitely bright..but very romantic and wearable and sweet...every green I've ever found is a yucky yellow based ...or so blue it looks blue on me. This is cool..more blue based..but it is completely 100% GREEN...it makes my blue eyes pop.. its perfect.

Like some of the other reviewers, I had a few of these from a while back and wasn't impressed. But I'm here to tell you that the 2005 colors rock! I believe these colors are #123-149. They are highly pigmented, easy to blend and all around pretty! Included are: great periwinkle, steel blue, muave, burgundy and peach (all sparkly). But my favorite is #149, a lime green with just a touch of iridescence. This might be the color the previous review mentions. It looks like that crazy green from the Dior Dolce Vita 5-colour or Nars Wicked duo. It's highly pigmented and so fun! The packaging is also great - it's flat so you can stack them with ease in your traincase, but glass stripe in the all-black packaging lets you see the color. Definitely check these out.

on 8/22/2005 6:20:00 AM

I have a seafoam green eyeshadow from this brand and I really like it. It's a very funky and fun color. The texture of the shadow is smooth, soft, and it's blendable and easy to apply. Me likes. The only thing that would make me LOVE this is if it had some shimmer in it. I don't really like matte stuff.

on 5/10/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are nothing special IMHO. I got 4 in my kit from makeup school (all mattes) and the hard grainy texture doesn't impress me at all. One was black with unimpressive pigment. Navy was ho-hum. I thought at least the turquoise one would be a fun liner colour, but when I tried to mix it with Visine for a nice solid line, all I got was a watery blotchy line. They have a gorgeous display at the downtown Sears store, but I pass it by all the time on my way to MAC...

on 3/17/2004 7:43:00 PM

Nice eyeshadows! I have a soft light matte purple, good for a wash of color. Even consistency, long lasting. Excellent quality for little money!

on 2/18/2004 5:28:00 PM

009 - Powder Blush.

This isn't something I'd wear on my cheeks. It is a lovely, violet purple. Very pretty for application in the crease. The SA applauded the choice. This is one of her favourite colours. Bright, very cool colour.