Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Pond's Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG! This cream gives me L I F E. I swear by it and I recommend it to every female I come across. lol No, but really this cream has worked wonders for me. I have very oily prone to acne skin and I would have never thought a cream designed for "dry skin" would help me so much, it has cleared away all my acne AND my dark spots as well. I wasted a lot of money looking for creams that read in the front "for oily skin" . With this stuff a little goes a long way. I use it every morning after my shower and i feel that is enough to give me radiant skin all day long. It works perfect with my Estee LIuder double wear foundation. only thing con is i wished it came with a pump!

on 3/21/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Many people complain it's greasy. That is why yourself supposed to use it at night. It has mineral oil in it which I literally an oil. READ THE BACK PEOPLE. In the long run this stuff will help oily skin bc skin won't have to produce oil if it's already added. Once I rinse my face in the morning it's absolutely glowing and soft and supple. This doesn't cause breakouts.

on 3/6/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- I actually have oily skin, but I need something super hydrating in the winters when I start flaking like nobody's business.
- This simply was not good enough to keep my skin hydrated in dry winters - has no effect on the flakes. If I use it in any other season, it'll just make me too oily because this cream contains mineral oil.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I swear by Ponds. I once used it in my childhood and I went back to it recently. I love it because its hydrating, cheap and smells amazing. I suffer from dry skin and eczema so in the winter time this is a dream. I never will pay over $20 bucks for a face cream. This stuff is good if not better than facial moisturizers sold in Sephora. I wash my face just with Basis soap and apply this on after and my face is good for the day. Its a winner in my book.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Other than heavy-duty samples of EL overnight eye cream, nothing has made my skin feel as moisturized as Ponds. Since I can't afford EL, I tried every over-the-counter moisturizer I could get. All of them left my face feeling tight and uncomfortable.

I've finally settled on using Ponds cucumber cleanser (love the scent!), rinsing away with a warm washcloth and then putting a small dollop of Ponds Dry Skin Cream over my still-damp skin. If feels wonderful. I can't say much about the scent of this one, though. It's the same as when my mom used it decades ago and strikes me as the dreaded "old-ladyish." If there were an unscented version or updated scent, I'd buy it, but as it is, I'm still a happy camper with some thick, luxurious cold cream moisturizing my face!

I'll definitely be buying this every winter.

I didn't feel this really helped with my dry winter skin too much. However, the main reason I don't particularly like this moisturizer is the fact that it makes me break out. As soon as I stopped using it and switched to another moisturizer, my mild acne became almost nonexistent.

on 2/22/2015 10:49:00 AM

I've only been using this for about two weeks, but I really like it. My skin has been really dry this winter and after using this moisturizer, the dryness has disappeared. I definitely think I will purchase it again. There is a lot in the container, so it will probably last a while before I have to buy more.

on 2/21/2015 3:08:00 PM

My face was peeling from an allergic reaction to a more expensive cream. After the hydrocortisone from my doctor, I turned to this mild, no-fuss cream to fix my skin. I slathered it on 3 to 5 times a day. After 5 weeks of redness and peeling from the allergy, my skin is almost normal. I'm going to stick to this cheaper stuff.

The niacinamide, retinol, AHA, etc might sound exciting, and we are always drawn to the new stuff, but I would prefer bland and dependable to hives, redness and peeling. I have found some of the more expensive creams (Vichy, Lancome, etc) gave me little white bumps under my skin. I never experienced this with the Pond's. Tried and true.

on 2/21/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is the best! I generally have dry skin year round, and this brutal winter in the northeast has made it worse...it seeps right in and leaves skin smooth and luminous..the price is an added bonus too! I would love it even more if it wasn't in a jar, but the moisturizer works so well for me, I will continue to buy it regardless.

This is a classic for a reason. You need very little to moisturise your face. It's non-comedogenic, inexpensive, pretty much can buy it anywhere, including supermarkets. You can use it all over your body and works amazingly on heels and super dry spots.

At first I didn't like this cream and I convinced myself that it would cause a reaction on my face. It did not. I used it one night because I ran out of my usual night cream and was pleasantly surprised to wake to clean, vibrant, glowing skin.

I am older and now I have issues with dryness, especially in winter and I'm a Canadian (enough said - Lol).

You need very little and it spreads easily. A little goes a long way. Very inexpensive - I think I paid $4.99 (on sale) at Walmart.

It does have a strong flowery (rose/powdery) scent. I like it as it reminds me of my mother-in-law (ex but love her). She has used this product for years and her skin is exceptionally smooth and clearly doesn't look her 74 years of age. Gorgeous lady.

I flip between this and Nivea Cream but I find the Original Nivea Crème is amazing but I have a hard time spreading it on my skin. This cream goes on like butter! Try it and see - sometimes expensive products are not better than the tried and true economical favourites of the past.