Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 3/6/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- I actually have oily skin, but I need something super hydrating in the winters when I start flaking like nobody's business.
- This simply was not good enough to keep my skin hydrated in dry winters - has no effect on the flakes. If I use it in any other season, it'll just make me too oily because this cream contains mineral oil.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I swear by Ponds. I once used it in my childhood and I went back to it recently. I love it because its hydrating, cheap and smells amazing. I suffer from dry skin and eczema so in the winter time this is a dream. I never will pay over $20 bucks for a face cream. This stuff is good if not better than facial moisturizers sold in Sephora. I wash my face just with Basis soap and apply this on after and my face is good for the day. Its a winner in my book.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Other than heavy-duty samples of EL overnight eye cream, nothing has made my skin feel as moisturized as Ponds. Since I can't afford EL, I tried every over-the-counter moisturizer I could get. All of them left my face feeling tight and uncomfortable.

I've finally settled on using Ponds cucumber cleanser (love the scent!), rinsing away with a warm washcloth and then putting a small dollop of Ponds Dry Skin Cream over my still-damp skin. If feels wonderful. I can't say much about the scent of this one, though. It's the same as when my mom used it decades ago and strikes me as the dreaded "old-ladyish." If there were an unscented version or updated scent, I'd buy it, but as it is, I'm still a happy camper with some thick, luxurious cold cream moisturizing my face!

I'll definitely be buying this every winter.

I didn't feel this really helped with my dry winter skin too much. However, the main reason I don't particularly like this moisturizer is the fact that it makes me break out. As soon as I stopped using it and switched to another moisturizer, my mild acne became almost nonexistent.

on 2/22/2015 10:49:00 AM

I've only been using this for about two weeks, but I really like it. My skin has been really dry this winter and after using this moisturizer, the dryness has disappeared. I definitely think I will purchase it again. There is a lot in the container, so it will probably last a while before I have to buy more.

on 2/21/2015 3:08:00 PM

My face was peeling from an allergic reaction to a more expensive cream. After the hydrocortisone from my doctor, I turned to this mild, no-fuss cream to fix my skin. I slathered it on 3 to 5 times a day. After 5 weeks of redness and peeling from the allergy, my skin is almost normal. I'm going to stick to this cheaper stuff.

The niacinamide, retinol, AHA, etc might sound exciting, and we are always drawn to the new stuff, but I would prefer bland and dependable to hives, redness and peeling. I have found some of the more expensive creams (Vichy, Lancome, etc) gave me little white bumps under my skin. I never experienced this with the Pond's. Tried and true.

on 2/21/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is the best! I generally have dry skin year round, and this brutal winter in the northeast has made it worse...it seeps right in and leaves skin smooth and luminous..the price is an added bonus too! I would love it even more if it wasn't in a jar, but the moisturizer works so well for me, I will continue to buy it regardless.

This is a classic for a reason. You need very little to moisturise your face. It's non-comedogenic, inexpensive, pretty much can buy it anywhere, including supermarkets. You can use it all over your body and works amazingly on heels and super dry spots.

At first I didn't like this cream and I convinced myself that it would cause a reaction on my face. It did not. I used it one night because I ran out of my usual night cream and was pleasantly surprised to wake to clean, vibrant, glowing skin.

I am older and now I have issues with dryness, especially in winter and I'm a Canadian (enough said - Lol).

You need very little and it spreads easily. A little goes a long way. Very inexpensive - I think I paid $4.99 (on sale) at Walmart.

It does have a strong flowery (rose/powdery) scent. I like it as it reminds me of my mother-in-law (ex but love her). She has used this product for years and her skin is exceptionally smooth and clearly doesn't look her 74 years of age. Gorgeous lady.

I flip between this and Nivea Cream but I find the Original Nivea Crème is amazing but I have a hard time spreading it on my skin. This cream goes on like butter! Try it and see - sometimes expensive products are not better than the tried and true economical favourites of the past.

on 1/30/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been struggling with year round dry skin. This is my savior. A little bit really goes a long way. I use just a dime size and my skin feels so soft. I find that there's barely a scent of any at all which I like as well. Also people have been telling me I look friggin 17 years old which is nuts and awesome since I'm almost 30. The price is great, I suggest trying BJs or other wholesale you can get an amazing deal.

on 1/20/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

After using Dr. Hauschka for years (and still loving it!) I noticed that my skin started to become very dry and flaky during winter months so I had to try some richer moisturizer. I used Ponds before (Cold Cream) and I pretty much liked it, also it is not expensive product (compare Ponds $6 and Dr. Hauschka $42).
After using it for first time, I dislike the scent - it's really strong and overpowering, hate it.
But I like the consistency and moisturizing level. Leaves my skin really hydrated and soft. All the flakiness was gone just in one day. I think it is a great moisturizer for very dry skin and cold, windy winter months. I love to use it during night but it is too rich to use during day.