Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.3

I bought this and when I first tried it on it seemed to be wet, I was like on no I am not going to like this but when I blended it in I was like WOW. This also lasted for a very long time, I will be buying this again very good product!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

These are great moisturous blushes.They blend into the skin and are as light or as dark as I have full control of the color on the blush stick being able to make it darker or lighter.The color lasts up to a good 6 hours.These are nice portable and I use these more then my High End blushes from time to time.

How do I love thee, Split Second Blush Stick? Let me count the ways. I love thee from the peachy new Blossom, to the sadly discontinued Radiant Flash. I love summery, glimmery Baja. I have a romance with subtle Romance. I love Moonrose, even if it does look like radioactive pink neon in the tube.

I blend these lightly over foundation, set with loose powder, and then apply very light powder blush in a complimentary tone.

It prevents that cakey look one can get with powder blush, when one is of a certain age.

And the price cannot be beat. I will buy this product as long as Avon makes it... though I wish they wouldn't discontinue some colors, like Radiant Flash. It was an odd off-plum color, which when blended lightly, subtly set off bright lipsticks so very well for pale ladies. I have **one** more tube in abeyance (sniff). Maybe I will find one on eBay someday.

on 3/16/2005 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this blush in tropical peach. It is very bright in the tube but a softer colour when applied. It blends and lasts well. I tried this as other brands of cream blush were getting too expensive and find it is better or as good.

on 12/18/2004 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful blush split second indeed.Comes in a quick stick container.Blends in great with foundation I think these are way better then high end popular cosmetic lines which I have tried.The color Barely Roses is great for yellow undertones.This blush also stays put for 6 to 8 hours.

on 10/20/2004 9:55:00 PM

I bought this in the natural suede. The color is great and I love creamy blushes. I do find that it tends to rub off if I touch my face (I usually wear a liquid foundation and apply the blush after applying the foundation). A little loose powder on top when I'm finished seems to help. Still, I would buy it again and maybe try some other colors. 1/11/05 - update. I still like this product, but it is described as a "gel" formula and does not have a great deal of pigment in it so you have to apply quite a bit of it and it seems to sit on top of my skin instead of drying into it. Hard to explain. Still, I would buy it again if I did not have any other alternatives for a creamy cheek color. Mary Kay now has a limited edition creamy cheek color I am using and I like it a little better than the Avon.

on 8/31/2004 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you MUA! I read the reviews and had to have this, since powder blushes really don't do it for me. I purchased Barely Rose on Ebay and I LOVE IT! It really is scary in the tube, but looks perfect once blended.

Edit: I no longer like blush sticks, but this one was nice while I decided what was good for me and what wasn't.

on 8/31/2004 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The natural suede color is really nice if you're looking for a barely there blush/bronze color. It acts as a natural contouring element- it's VERY SUBTLE. I love it for that reason and plan to buy another color as well.
Viva la Natural Suede!

Update: I never use this- I got out of the habit and I think it disapears quickly. I still love the color but might try a diff. brand next time. :(

I buy the 2 LE summer 2004 shades: Baja and Aruba. It was an excellent purchase!

The Split Second blush blends quickly and easily and it's so pigmented!! I was really impressed by the highly pigmented colors. The texture is excellent, it's a silky blush that glides on very smoothly - not too heavy, not too creamy. The quality of this product is absolutely amazing.

The tube is nice and neat.

I'm really pleased with this product and I will certainly purchase some other shades. continued >>

Bleh. After reading such good comments I purchased this for 1.99 on sale. YUCK. I got the suede kind. On me it doesn't even show up and slips and slides all around my face. I don't like it.

Popular Blush Products