Clinique Continuous Coverage

Clinique Continuous Coverage

3.4

Active ingredient: titanium dioxide. Ingredients: water purified, titanium dioxide, mineral oil, talc, propylene glycol, tea-isostearate, isostearic acid, glyceryl sterate, peg-100 stearate, isopropyl lanolate, micro-crystalline cellulose, cellulose gum, algin, magnesium aluminum silicate, tea-stearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ultramarines

on 3/14/2010 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

im only giveing this 3 lippys...........i love the coverage i found it really easy to blend but it gives me spots, im guessing its because the makeup is so thick that it blocks my pores, it says on the tube that you can wear this all over the face but i would only use it on problem areas, btw this product is no good for people with oily skin..........it makes my t-zone super oily!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I guess I am going against the grain here as I did not like this foundation.

It is very thick. You have rub this between your fingers for about 30 seconds before applying it to your face or it will not spread. It will just set in one place and make you look like you have un-even blotches on your skin. Since you have to rub this first, it gets everywhere. All over your hands and since it is not oil-free it also stains clothing. I learned this the hard way when I got some on my shirt and comforter.

I wanted a full coverage foundation to hide some acne scarring and was hoping since it was so thick it would give me a great coverage, I was wrong. To me, this is the biggest problem. I would deal with an un-desirable consistency and messiness if it gave me good coverage but it didn't. I got the same coverage with my cover girl foundation as I did with this for a fraction of the price. Also, the cover girl is oil free and much easier and less messy to apply.

Why would I pay $22 for a foundation that gives the same coverage as a $7 cover girl foundation? Especially when the cover girl is less messy, oil free and easier to apply?

Well, I wouldn't. Ever again.

I have been using this stuff for about 2 months now, but I use it about only a few times a week. I originally got it as an alternative to my Dermablend cover cream since I wanted to try something with full coverage but not as thick as the cover cream. I have to say that this from Clinique gives a full coverage and its not thick! You can definatly cover dark spots with this! If anything it covers just a good as the Dermablend. It dries matte, feels light, the foundation itself is very creamy and blendable/spreadable. I finish off with some powder and it looks great. Reason for 4/5: I have to say though that I wished it came in more colours. I bought 2 to mix to get the right one for my skin. It is pricey, close to 50 bucks CAD for the 2. Also It does not wear as long as my dermablend. I found that it would not look as good at the end of the day or stay put and even with powder, it rubbed off onto my collared shirt (when i spread the foundation down to my jaw/neckline) which does not happen with dermablend.

on 2/22/2010 11:07:00 AM

this makeup is the best especailly if you have ance prone skin. this makeup gives you a moderate to full coverage that you dont need to where concealer it makes you look very natural unlike mac makeup which is very heavy.

This product is probably one of the best foundations.
I bought this because i needed heavier overage because of those nasty acne scars that take ages to disappear.
When i put this on, it covers pretty much everything.Scars, uneven skintone and redness. It definitetly lives up to its name. It doesn't make me break out at all, and I have acne-prone skin.
I'm not sure about the feeling after though. Although it doesn't exactly feel heavy on my face or anything, when I touch my face it feels sticky and slimy, even if you put powder over it.
It also isn't waterproof, which is a downfall. I went clubbing wearing this and by the end of the night, i had patches of wear it had come off. Another con is that it has a shiny finish, and it comes off on your clothes, or maybe that's just me.
For a foundation to have an SPF of 11 is pretty good, but I also wear Clinique's City Block Sheer sunscreen underneath it. It can be used as a primer and has an SPF of 25.
This foundation can be pretty thick though, the lady at the counter suggested that I mix it with a bit of a moisturiser before application to avoid any tugging. All you need is just 1/3 of the mixture to be moisuturiser and it blends like a dream. :-)
Because it's not waterproof it does come off in humid conditions. I was applying this on a hot day and was sweating just a little on my face. While applying it, it came right off on those areas.
So the bottom line: Clinique Continuous Coverage offers amazing coverage, it could possibly be the best foundation out there if it was waterproof and had a matte finish. Hopefully Clinique will improve this product in the future.
Goodluck guys! :-)

on 6/19/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have undereye circles that make people wonder how I get into so many fights. I've tried so many concealors but nothing has come close to this product for coverage and reliability. The consistency of this foundation is very thick but it's also sticky in a way and that allows it to stay tenaciously on your face. Sometimes I use it for just a concealor and sometimes I mix it with another liquid foundation to get just a little bit more coverage or to balance out the color a bit. Sometimes I mix it with sunscreen to make a tinted moisturizer. I originally bought Ivory Glow but that was somewhat too dark and I exchanged it for Creamy Glow, their lightest shade. I usually wear 30 watts Stila (not the best match for me, a bit too yellow but passable) or NC20-25 - pale with yellow undertones.

I haven't tried this over all my face yet but I may. I'm really impressed. The price is very good - I think it was around $20 dollars.

on 3/29/2009 1:44:00 AM

I got this in a swap, just wanted to try out the color. Oh! It is my HG now. This concealer matches my skin perfectly. I'm a NC30 in MAC and using the CREAMY GLOW. I have lots of blemishes due to acne and this concealer covers the redness very well. The consistency is creamy. Overall this product is great for covering imperfections.

on 12/26/2008 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great full-coverage concealer/foundation, but it is not oil free. Very limited variety of shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is wonderful, it you can find a color match. If you don't like full coverage foundations/concealer, don't buy it. It is thick stuff, and it takes some time to get used to it but it works wonders.

It does blend in well, but you really need to warm the tube up in your hands before applying to get it to blend more sheerly. By doing this, it really doesn't take very much at all, and the result in a flawless complexion.

It can be used as a concealer, or an all over foundation depending on your skin type/needs.

Unfortunately, the color selection is horrible. (Only 4 colors) (creamy glow, ivory glow, natural honey glow & porcelain glow)

creamy glow (the lightest shade) is described as being 'very fair' but isn't nearly light enough for my ppp complexion. It's probably about 5 shades too dark than my skintone!

When I'm VERY tan, it will be doable, although still a little too yellow based... so I gave up on it for the color selection only... but if you can find a color match and need a really heavy duty coverage makeup, this is it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer/foundation is very thick, not easy to blend but covers quite well. A small amout goes a long way. Do not use too much at a time because it'll just look like being painted on your face. The choices of colours are limited, so unless it matches your face perfectly, do not use it as a foundation alone! I normally wear a very thin layer to cover my scars and redness, then use a thin layer of light foundation on top, the result is rather good.
UPDATE: my skin is also acne-prone, so far, the concealer has not caused me any breakouts.