Clinique Continuous Coverage

Clinique Continuous Coverage

3.4

Active ingredient: titanium dioxide. Ingredients: water purified, titanium dioxide, mineral oil, talc, propylene glycol, tea-isostearate, isostearic acid, glyceryl sterate, peg-100 stearate, isopropyl lanolate, micro-crystalline cellulose, cellulose gum, algin, magnesium aluminum silicate, tea-stearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ultramarines

I love this stuff! It covers up anything that you want to hide. I have moderate breakouts on my forehead, and when I applied this it made my skin look flawless. I know a lot of people dislike the consistency, but if you rub it between your finger (clean fingers now ladies!), it heats it up and gives it a bit of movement. If you have dry skin I'd recommend adding a bit of moisturizer to it instead to give you a little more hydration throughout the day :] From personal experience, if you want some lasting power with this, I'd recommend using a primer and setting it with a powder, lasts all day. The only downside is that there is not a big color selection, better for people with yellow undertones to their skin. And works the best for those with dry skin. I will repurchase and recommend!

on 7/22/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This concealer is very pigmented and thick. It was too dry for my under-eye area. I bought this in the shade creamy glow, but will be returning it.

on 5/9/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros: Price is right, a little bit goes a long way.
It cover everything

Cons: Doesn't keep it's promises for me, accentued my pores and lines even with the best primer.
Texture is thick and limit oily. This will NOT work for oily skins!!!
didn't last on my face (and I have a rather dry skin).
It returned it and exchanged for Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage (pricier but keeps his promises).

on 11/10/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I started out using this product as a concealer for large discolorations on my face. It works very well for that. Then one day I ran out of foundation and in desperation, used it all over my face. Now, I am regularly using it as a foundation. When used as a foundation, it is essential to use a primer with this, or it "drags" on the skin and emphasizes your pores. With a primer, however, it goes on smoothly. I apply it with my fingers and use as little as possible. It doesn't feel heavy to me, is very long lasting and covers well.The finish is duller than I prefer in a foundation - I usually like a more satin or glowy finish. The big flaw with this product is the very limited color range. Currently, I'm using this as foundation because I ran out of my normal one and haven't had time to go to the store to get matched for a "winter" shade. It doesn't quite match me and I'm "making do" by bronzering over it, etc. I don't think I'd purchase this again as a full-face foundation, but I do like it for concealer. And if you are fortunate to find that one of the few shades matches you, this could be a great foundation for you.

First of all, I don't use this as a foundation, as it is much too heavy and my skin isn't so bad. However, I do use it for concealer, and that's what I'll be reviewing it as. I squeeze a dab onto a blank CD and dip a concealer brush into it, then use it around my nose on under my eyes, and sometimes on my cheeks.
Staying power is decent, not great but good. I do have to touch up once a day, around lunch time, but I've always had to do that. I've never had any problems finding the right shade, but the range is very limited and others probably have issues.
Overall, very nice, but once I run out, I may debate repurchasing.

on 11/7/2010 1:27:00 PM

I'm a long time Clinique user. I love it. I've had acne prone (to say the least) skin since around age 12. That's around the time I was introduced to Clinique. I rarely ever use anything else. Especially when it comes to foundation. I just recently started using continuous coverage. I find it hard to find a product that will cover the redness and scaring that I have. This product cannot be beat in my book as far as coverage goes. Yes, it is a very thick product and one of my friends was actually shocked at the thickness of this makeup when she saw me applying it. However, that's not a problem for me. It stays on great and does NOT come off until I'm ready for it to. As I've mentioned before, I have acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate it at all as some thicker foundations can. Overall, if you don't mind a thick foundation and want great coverage- this product is it!

on 9/11/2010 6:01:00 PM

I have been wearing this product for around 4 months now, and personally think it is really good eventhough i feel it does have downsides, firstly i think it is great coverage, i bought this foundation to help cover my frekles and have a more clear complextion, this foundation definatley fills this need, although i found even the lightest colour to dark, another negative point about this product is i personally have found that it makes my face itch, i have a close friend who uses this as well and she also feels it makes her face itch, other negative things about this product include things like, rubbing off easy, not drying fast enough to be able to apply powder and so when you do it goes all cakey. Over all i do feel this product does what it says being full coverage foundation although there are a few negative sides to this product i would buy it again.

on 7/2/2010 2:32:00 AM

This product is OK, nothing more. It didn't cover my scars that well, which it says it will. The foundation is thick and not that easy to blend onto the skin. It also feels quite heavy on my skin. It didn't break me out, but I won't use this foundation alot.

If you want to buy this because you have acne scars or other scars, don't. It won't help.

on 4/18/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this to cover a sun spot on my face,bought it in the lightest color which is called creamy glow.I put it under my foundation and let it dry then apply foundation and then it gives you better coverage.Plus if the color is a tad too dark then you really cant see it.I love this as a concealer,couldnt be without it.
UPDATE: May 2/2011- Went to clinique for bonus time and they told me this product is being discontinued. I am freaking out as I am allergic to so much stuff that this was 1 thing I could use and not be allergic to,whats out there that has good coverage...no fragrance,shea butter, sunflower, Vit.E ?? Any suggestions?? I found some at The bay and stalked up for now,but am very dissapointed its discontinued.I cant live without this product. Hard to find any light shades left.

on 4/9/2010 4:36:00 PM

Huge regret buying this. It has way too much yellow in it. It's also very thick and doesn't look natural at all, very hard to blend. When I put on my foundation after this, it looks very cakey and makes it look like I have a black eye, not a good look! It also settles into fine lines especially under the eyes and emphasizes dry areas and flaws. I will say though that it has good coverage, but that's about it. Everything else about it is horrid. Even the packaging is pretty bad, when I open up the bottle it spills out! The only reason I decided to buy this was because my mother said she used it when she was younger and that it worked well back then, so I'm guessing they changed the formula?