Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 1/14/2008 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

---Cheap, artificial scent. Smells musty after it dries.
---Dries the hair
---Frizzes the hair.... badly!
---Utterly useless

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I find its scent to be quite strong. Also, I found this product hardly moisturizing at all! And it has no smoothing properties to it either. It doesn't work as a rinse out conditioner for my hair at all. And, i wouldn't dare try using it to try cowashing my hair with. This stuff is just pkain bad!

on 11/8/2007 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product is not moisturizing enough for someone with coarse, curly hair. I tried it and it doesn't even detangle. It does smell like Strawberry Quik though, so I gave it two stars on the great scent. I usually use another conditioner first and then give myself a light rinse with this one so that my hair smells good. Overall, not a good conditioner but buy it for the scent.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i would buy this again only if i was tight on money but it smells so good and its cheap.

I'm a 3a/3b on naturallycurly.com...

Hmm, I've found this product to be great value for a dollar. It gave me some moisture, not quite alot but just enough for in between real conditioners. The curl definition was amazing. But I used it up and never bought it again because I was scared of the proteins building up, (it has soy milk protein). But overall, this is a great conditioner for somebody who is not looking for a lot of moisture, and great curl definition.

The smell bothers me alot when I put it on in the shower, but it smells really good when my hair is dry and such. So for that I took off one lippy. continued >>

on 8/17/2007 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used to use the cheap V05 conditioners when I was a kid and broke. lol When I get older and actually had money I thought I was missing out so started buying the more expensive stuff. What was my result? Greasy, nasty oily sillicone build up! I went back to these V05 conditioners and good hair again! This particular one smells just like Strawberries and Cream Cream Savers. It de-tangles well and conditions well. The only thing is that all V05 conditioners work exactly the same, only the scent is different. Keep in mind that these are no sillicone conditioners. They only soften hair and leave it in its natural state. They do not cover damage. But that is what I like about them. Give them a try for soft, natural flowing hair!

on 6/29/2007 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have- I guess what would be called - a like and dislike relationship with this conditioner. I remember when I first started using it a few months back, it did wonders for my hair- no iron or dryer necessary. However, as I have continued to use this product (I'm on my 3rd bottle) it just hasn't given me the same results. This conditioner has become....well...ordinary and nothing special to me now. I'm on a pursuit to find a conditioner that can deliver wonderful results-- consistently. Unfortunately, this is not the one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am African American and wear my hair about 2" in length and naturally curly. I bought this conditioner on a whim trying to find products that work best with my natural texture (CHEAP products). I was using Pantene Relaxed & Natural, but the conditioner just didn't work too well for me without chemically relaxed hair. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this conditioner. They key for my natural coils is moisture. The consistency of this conditioner is thin, so I use quite a bit, but it's only buck. I no-poo with this daily, then use it in conjuction with Pantene R&N shampoo. I love the way this conditioner helps define my curls and keeps them soft. I absolutely ADORE the scent of this! It's delicious! I also recently purchased the Passion Fruit Smoothie, but the jury's still out on that one. Not that the results were bad, but the results didn't quite seem as great as with the strawberry and the smell is nice, but isn't as yummy.

I love the scent of this conditioner! I brought it initially for the scent and since it was only a dollar, why not? I was surprised at how well it had moisturized my faintly dry hair (my hair is a little dry at the ends) and it left it feeling like silk both in the showering (while rinsing it out) and out of the shower (after it had dried). It leaves a subtle scent on my hair after it is dried but it lingers away soon after. I actually would like it to linger...The only cons that I have is that it is a runny product and since I have long hair, I have to use a lot of it. The tip of the opening is also kind of hard to get open. I mean it is a flip top and all but it is closed really tightly and my fingers have to fight with it to get it open (not fun while in the shower. Other than that I think it's a great product and for the price, it is worth a try.

on 3/7/2007 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i bought this just to try...it wsa 99 cents so i figured i had nothing to lose! i was seriously amazed at how well this moisturized my fairly dry hair! i left it on for about 2 or 3 minutes and when i washed it out, my hair was silky smooth and shiny! between the smell, the price, and the way my hair felt - theres no reason for me not to love it