People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo

People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo

3.7

I think the edp is as wonderful as all the hype--but I'm not certain I could give a worthy description because every time I smelled my wrist (which was often) this divine scent morphed and changed. I smelled luscious cherries, and play-doh, and creamy sweetness, and almonds, and other wonderful little things. Simply lovely. If you want less cherry (I don't) then I suggest the edt, which is lovely as well...but I prefer the cherry-licious edp. EDIT: Everyone around me loves this.

on 1/30/2006 1:05:00 AM

Another piece of evidence that all fragrances should be tested prior to purchase. I am happy to say that the sample program I used is paying for itself in that I did not spend over $150 after being totally seduced by the write ups for this perfume. On me, and after the third test, I have come to the conclusion what it most smells like is powder. Faint wisps of cherry or something else linger very far below the powder smell but as it all seems to have faded after a time I can't say exactly what they might be. I understand from general opinion that this scent changes in response to various factors but since most factors I've encountered add up to powder+ with my chemistry, I'll give this one a miss.

on 1/20/2006 5:44:00 PM

This fragrance is so gorgeous and yummy and intriguing on me it makes me want to ask myself out on a date. For every 30-40 "high-end" samples I try, I find one fragrance I really like, and this time LeE completely won my heart. Also I have to say I like the name. But anyway - on me, this is (as others have mentioned) a constantly changing, sweet and creamy floral. It smells like happiness to me. It smells like Natalie Portman looks to me, all glowy and elegant and confidently sweet. After two weeks of MILKING my fragrance sample, I've broken down and ordered a full bottle. God help me if I go through it as fast as I expect I might. It is bewitching. -- Oh an as to the play-dough note... I don't get that in the least, and I am well-acquainted with play-dough. But as another member said, maybe it's just a certain sensitivity to some elusive ingredient. I was in a Lush shop a couple of weeks ago with my boyfriend and he identified about half the products I presented to him for sniffing as "distinctively play-dough" and I didn't smell it at all, not in Lush, and not in this near empty sample of People of the Labyrinths. I say: order a sample from Luckyscent or Luscious Cargo. Try it on several days, in several moods, and watch its personality develop. **UPDATE** I've finally received my very own bottle and as another reviewer has said, spraying this fresh is a whole 'nother experience from dabbing a sample. Today I have it layered with Caron Bellodgia. Strangely, amazingly wonderful.

on 1/19/2006 2:19:00 PM

Pure heaven. Almonds, cherries, grass, incense, dough - they're all here in this magical fragrance.

Smells of Nag Champa incense something I enjoy but not as a perfume.
Would not purchase, prefer SL Rahat Loukoum. Seems more classy to me as I feel this is trying too hard.
Overpriced for what it is.

on 12/14/2005 1:13:00 PM

Last year I tried People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo edt and all I can recall is that it had a nice incensey moment, but overall it wasn't all that thrilling.

Recently I gave PotL L et E parfum/edp (whatever they want to call it) a whimsical whirl. And I have to say it is some weird-a$$ mutable sh!#. Every time I sniff my arm it smells like something else. I smell edible; I don't smell edible; I smell like cherry candy; I don't smell like cherry candy; I smell like I've rolled in warm hay & then headed to high mass; I don't smell like I've rolled in warm hay & then headed to high mass... I like the hay & high mass bit best. The more I wear this scent, the more, well, obsessed with it I seem to become.

Warning: Retesting PotL is a dangerous thing

on 12/8/2005 12:30:00 PM

I haven't reviewed this product for quite some time, partly because this scent took awhile to grow on me. I think I tested it close to five times before I found myself completely smitten. This fragrance is unlike any other that I've ever sniffed. It's got incense, grasses, some vanilla and cherry. It's not really a gourmand fragrance, even though it can smell delicious at times. It's contemplative. Addictive. Unique and beautiful. Some days I find myself craving it, even.

When I finally fell for this fragrance, I was fairly certain it wouldn't be one that would get me compliments, because it is so different. I just wear it for me. However, I've been surprised to find that in fact, others do indeed notice it and like it. I don't have my very own full bottle yet, and as of now I'm using decants and the glorious body cream. One day I'd like to own a full bottle. Magical stuff, this is. continued >>

on 12/5/2005 9:20:00 AM

I truly was not wowed by this scent when I first sampled it. I had a nice size decant of the parfum and wore it for an entire day and put it aside. But then weeks later I started getting phantom whiffs of it, craving the smell of it. Strange. So I revisited my decant (parfum) and now I am totally addicted to this scent. Very unique and glorious, delicious aroma of ethereal cherry and creamy almond and incense. I get more compliments on this scent than any other that I own. It never fails to lift my spirits and make me feel just plain happy. That is a wonderful ability for a fragrance, and so worth spending the money to obtain. I must now hunt down more of the parfum, as I just cannot be without this scent, this experience.

on 11/11/2005 9:40:00 AM

One of my Top 5 perfumes of all time, and one of the few products that ranks a 5 on all levels: overall rating, price and packaging. I flirted with POTL for a long time, collecting samples, trying the EDT, and scoring a couple decants. Like any perfumaniac, I kept rationalizing: "It's too expensive to ever own a bottle of, so if I keep myself in decants I'll be okay." Well, a particularly fresh decant broke the camel's back. Spritzing on POTL is such a different experience from dabbing it on. The depth of the cherries, marzipan, woods and vanilla is so indescribably delicious I feel this is what heaven must smell like. And you keep catching lovely whiffs of the EDP the whole day. I broke down and did a CP with a wonderful Dutch swapper. Up to that point I was still chintzing, ordering the EDT instead of the EDP to pinch pennies. But I finally came to my senses (why the hell did I want a watered-down version of an HG scent?) and got the EDP. I had built it up to such mythical proportions in my mind that when I received it I was shocked at how petite the bottle seemed. I thought it would be as huge as an Erlenmeyer flask. But oddly enough, for a guilty shopper who often feels buyer's remorse after a big purchase, I felt no regrets at all. Every dollar spent was worth it. I even play around with the logo lavender silk square. It's a bit short to wear around the neck so I tie it around my wrist or my bag handles. Cute accessories and eye-popping price aside, Luctor et Emergo is a fragrance masterpiece I can't live without, and will always have in my collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am reviewing the perfume this time ,it is different than my earlier one for EDT. This does not have the cherry note and no plastic type opening(I never noticed that before on the other. But some do. It lasts the same time but in a more deep way. This is not for everyone as you love it or you dont and it is notone you want to wear every day. It is a gotya scent and grabs on tight so you must smell it again and again , check my earlier review for my impressions.