Sephora Collection Heated eyelash curler

Sephora Collection Heated eyelash curler

2.1

on 7/9/2007 6:22:00 PM

This thing didn't work at all. Don't waste your money or time.

on 4/1/2007 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know how to use the traditional eyelash curler, so I decided to use this heated one. I like how I can work on all my lashes in different angle, a plus from the traditional curler. I know I won't hurt or pull my lashes with this. Another plus is that it is small and compact to put into any bag. However, it takes TOO LONG to make the lashes curl. I have to use on the smae lashes for over three times to make them curl. Maybe I hold it on the wrong spot. I don't know. There's just too much effort useing this heated curler. I am going to keep looking for a perfect eyelash curler for me. Won't buy this again.
Update: I am liking this curler more after practing MANY times. It gives a better and more natural curle than regular curler. It takes a long time though. An interesting product to try. However, I think I will try other version such as Model Co. for comparison on the heated curler techonology.

on 2/1/2007 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd say this was an okay product. Since there aren't many heated eyelash curlers on the market, it's hard to compare this. But I gotta say it's better than the regular eyelash curlers since it doesn't pull your lashes off (ow). You need to get this heated up quite a bit for it to actually do its job and like others have said, it takes a while for you to get your lashes curled nicely. I actually use this to curl the tips of my eyelashes and then at the end, use a regular curler at the lash line to lift everything up. I also notice that this stuff melts your mascara away so if you can, use it before mascara. The whole process is very time-consuming so you won't be able to get the max results when you're in a hurry. Oh, and it's a total battery eater.

on 12/17/2006 9:22:00 PM

This is a good product esp for eyes that are deep set and have problems getting standard curlers to work. It curled my lashes well w/o kinking them like other curlers do. Mine cracked though, so the durabilty quality isn't so good. Buy it at sephora so if you hate it , then back to the store it can go.

I was surprised to see that this got bad reviews. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and love it. The outside cracked during a recent move, but it still works just fine. I don't know why it took the InStyle testers 15 minutes--I'm no makeup pro, and it takes 3 minutes max, from turning it on and letting it heat up, to finished curled lashes. The 15 seconds Sephora says it takes to heat up is true when you have fresh batteries, but as time goes on I find it takes about a minute. I do have to replace the AAA battery every few weeks, but I use every day. I got rid of my other metal clamp eyelash curler after I bought this, and if I lost or broke this curler, I would definitely buy another one.

on 9/27/2006 5:59:00 AM

Very disappointed!!!! I am upset that I have to waste more time and gas money to go and return it. Didn't work at all.

Cheap made and does not work at all. Don't waist your money.

on 8/30/2006 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In Style magazine just tested this thing, and the tester's eyelashes look amazing. But it did nothing for me. In the article, it said it took her 15 minutes to use it, so I guess I didn't wait long enough? No matter, though, since my broke after a month. Absolute waste of money, but I had to try it.

I posted this in the general tools section, but I see it's here too so I'll post again.......

This thing is crap. It did not curl my eyelashes at all. It sorta looks like an eyelash comb, and maybe if you smoosh it against your eyelashes really hard you might get a bit of a lift at the roots (sounds funny lol) but def. not a curl. There's no way to clamp or grab your lashes so it's damn near impossible to curl them with this. It gets lukewarm at best, and looks cheaply made.

on 7/18/2006 4:30:00 PM

I can definitely tell a difference when using this curler! I use it as the directions stated and it makes my lashes look so much better. I have very straight eye lashes so this worked wonders. They are also thin so maybe this is why it worked better for me than for others. I just hope that it doesn't do any damage to them over time!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools