Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.9

Loooooove this mascara!!!! Before I found this I had gotten to the point that I hated mascara. This works as it claims, really lasts, and removes so easily!!! I will never use anything else!
There are a few tricks to application... I always pull the brush across the tube to remove excess (too much comes out until you have used up most of the tube, is a waste of product and can cause serious clumping). Also, when you close it, make sure you feel the little click, keeps product from drying out. Lastly, really "blink" across the wand on your final coat, this is how you can establish some amazing lengthening.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

This is the best mascara I have tried up to now. I plan to try Joey of New York. But I have bought this 3 times so far. It does not smudge, makes my lashes dark and long and love how it washes off!! I just turned 50 and have worn makeup since Junior high. This is a keeper!!

on 3/4/2004 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this in a kit from the HSN. I don't really care for this product at all. My HG mascara is Chanel Extracils, so I can say that I like a dramatic lash and don't generally have problems with flaking or running mascara. If you do have problems with that and want very natural looking lashes this might work for you--it really doesn't come off in a racoon running kind of way--even with cleanser and water. I think it has some sort of gum in it that makes it come off in shards or chunks. Anyway, I found it to be dry looking and kind of average on the eye--but it definitely does last.

EDIT 5/4/04: This mascara has begun to grow on me and I am finding that I reach for it before the others. For some reason, I have several different brands of mascara...no one here would relate to that (lol). Anyway, I curl first, kind of pounce it into my lashes, then pull up to work it through the ends and IF I apply two coats it looks pretty intense and I realized that it works well with my contacts. So I will probably repurchase and have changed my original rating to reflect my increasing satisfaction with this product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In a word..WOW! This is the best mascara I have ever used. I had pretty much given up on wearing mascara because I have very watery eyes and everything smeared under them. This mascara does not smear, flake and it lasts all day. It is also very easy to remove, needing nothing more than warm water and it all comes off in a little clump, so it doesn't get all over your face when removing. I paid $39.99 Cdn for the mascara and heated lash curler and I would definately buy it again.

EDIT...this is now very flakey. I think it's starting to dry out. Next time I think I'll try Kiss Me.

This mascara is special because of its unusual latexy texture. On me it dries quickly and if I rub my eyes afterwards it does not smudge, but instead comes off in bits just like liquid latex might.

It is great if you get fresh stock, but if it's the least bit stale you'll find it clumping a little upon application, so be ready to clean those bits off before it dries down.

What I really like about this mascara is that it actually makes eyelashes shiny, unlike most mascaras which leave a matte finish, and therefore look fake.

Applied in small quantities this mascara makes my eyelashes look completely natural, but enhanced.

Best of all, it doesn't budge all day. And I've never seen that with any other mascara, especially as I wear moisturising concealer which always messes my mascara up.