Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

I've been wanting to give this mascara a shot, due to all kinds of good reviews. So I bought a try me kit from HSN. Honestly, I don't really think this mascara is that great. It's okay, but not great and I would not buy it on its own for the $19.95 + s/h, definately not worth it IMO, not when I can find good quality drugstore mascaras out there (ie.Max Factor Lash Perfection)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used, and I have used too many to review! It does what it says, and I have slept in it! It didn't come off but rinsed away effortlessly with water! The trick to this mascara is to first curl your lashes, then apply. Also, scrape the excess off the brush onto the top of the tube. My lashes look lustrous and wet, which I love! The packaging is pretty and unique, making it easy to find in a hurry. I really like this mascara, and I have bought my 2nd tube, which is very unusual for me!

on 6/10/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The best part of this mascara is not worrying about raccoon eyes. It also seperates lashes nicely. Lashes are defined and a bit longer and thicker. Almost the same kind of effect as Diorshow has on me. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do but I think I will keep this one around for bottom lashes or quick mascara days as it is easy to apply, hard to mess up. Long wearing mascara that makes lashes stand out. Worth trying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have totally fallen in love with this mascara! It lengthens and curls my lashes as if I had gotten them professionally done! And better yet, I can go all day without it flaking, smearing, or smudging! Thanks Mirenesse!

on 4/27/2006 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually prefer this to KissMe mascara. Mostly, I notice that I prefer this wand better. The Mirenesse wand is like a traditional large brush whereas the KissMe brush has more space between bristles (or really no bristles at all).

If I use a primer it does seem to add a little volume since it covers your lashes in tubes.

I actually like using this over traditional mascara as a sealant. Or, on my bottom lashes so I don't have to worry about smudges.

on 3/16/2006 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This left my short, stubby, skinny lashes short, stubby and skinny. I don't think I've ever used a mascara that did so little for so much $....and I've tried a gazillion.

on 3/15/2006 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was so excited to try this, and I am SO DISAPPOINTED!!! The tube is pretty enough, not that that really counts for anything. Way too much mascara on the brush, had to wipe off extra back on to the tube, and I hate that. Then, applied it, which didn't go well. Very hard to get an even application. It seemed to clump and ball up, making distribution very hard. Then I made the huge mistake of trying to curl my lashes after letting it 'dry'...SICK!! There were huge holes left by the curler, mascara was gone. Try covering that up. All in all this was a huge pain in the butt. Not worth the hype or money.

on 3/10/2006 9:15:00 AM

This is the only mascara I have been using for the last four years.I am on the autoship program with HSN.This is the best mascara for me, the only one that doesn't run,smudge , or smear.I love the fact that I can it remove with water without having to use eye makeup removers which usually sting my eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like how this doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and is so easy to remove but it makes the curl I work so hard to put in my straight lashes fall immediately and causes clumps and my lashes to stick together. I find I like it better than Kiss Me cause that just seems to give me the look of 5 extra long lashes on each eye but I find the Kiss Me brush is nicer and the finish is glossier. However Mirenesse does allow for more volume which I need for my rather fine but long straight lashes. I guess I'll have to try Kanebo next since I seem to be on the right track with the tubey thing but the formulation still isn't right with Mirenesse. I'm disappointed overall.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the BEST mascara I have ever used! It removes easily with warm water and very very little smudge on your washcloth. I wear contact lenses and there is not irritation as some mascaras have caused my eyes to itch. I am hooked on this product and I buy it on HSN home shopping channel. This is the mascara you would want if stranded on a desert island!! A+++++