Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

on 10/24/2006 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I had to give this product a low rating for 1 reason: it dried out after 2 weeks. There is NO WAY a mascara should dry out this quickly. Opened second tube; same thing. Ordered ANOTHER 2 tubes and THEY both dried out after 2 weeks of use (every day). I emailed CS and never received a reply. It's a damn shame because this product delivered in every way; never smudged, flaked, went on well (when it wasn't dried out), looked great on and came off like a dream. LOVED how it came off so easily. Ah well. I can NOT justify ANY product that lasts 2 weeks (or less).

on 10/1/2006 6:12:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for about 2 yrs. I love it, it makes my lashes look natural while making my eyes pop. It does get a little thick so here is a trick to thin it out a bit add a few drops of sterile saline and pump the wand. It helps you get a lot more use out of this product, because it's a tad expensive. The way it comes off when you was your face is the best it's easy and hassle free. if you want the natural look in your makeup give this a try. I'm on auto-delivery with HSN.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This is the only mascara that does not smudge on me. And with just one coat it produces longer looking lashes. It comes only in black so far. I'm hoping there will be a brown-black and a plum eventually.

Home Shopping Network in the U.S. carries the Australian-based Mirenesse line of makeup. This mascara is pricey but it's worth it considering all the money I've spent over the years trying to find a mascara that doesn't smudge.

This is a good mascara if you aren't considering the price of it. It goes on kind of thick, I need to use an eyelash comb to unclump things a bit, but it's good. Curls lashes well and is the blackest black. The way it comes off is amazing. The only problem is if you use too much you will get some clumps/flaking, I notice this a lot on my bottom lashes. It's not a great mascara for layering. I think if you had naturally long lashes already, this would make a good mascara for a dramatic look.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really, really like this mascara! This is the only formula I've ever used that doesn't run, smudge or come off until you wash your face! I'm absolutely thrilled I discovered it by trying a mirenesse kit from HSN. I'm loving the reat of the Mirenesse products as well (foundations, powder, lip treatments $ concealor). They're all top of the line IMHO. Will definetly repurchase!

I've tried hundreds of mascaras and came away unimpressed. After watching the demo, I purchased the travel size on eBay and I am in love! I followed the directions and was very impressed...no raccoon eyes, doesn't come off after sleeping, lashes don't dry out and I'm amazed when I see the little tubes wash right off.

Mirenese is excellent for me, and I put myself on autodelivery. However, what what works for one person may not work for another.

on 8/17/2006 5:53:00 PM

Love Love this mascara. I apply as the lady presented it on tv.. First coat the ends by blinking into brush, then wiggle the brush at the base of the lash and extend out. I get perfect clump free beautifully lush lashes that don't smudge or flake away.

I've gone to exercise class and sweated through it and still had my mascara on!

I recommend.

on 8/13/2006 10:25:00 AM

I purchased this for $30AUD at Adore Beauty on Nicholson St, Carlton in Melbourne after hearing many a rave. It did not live up to its advertising campaign of lengthening, curling and voluminising, but I suppose I was a little gullible as well. It did very little to my sparse, short lashes, the brush was average and the formulation a little dry making my lashes somewhat brittle. Maybe I received a dud... but one redeeming factor is that the removal is supremely simple and fuss free. The little fibres that come off your lashes, like in Blinc's Kiss Me mascara do tend to get into your eyes if you're not careful though. Overall not something I would pay for again.

on 7/6/2006 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This works well for me. Proper application is essential, so read the other reviews for specifics. No raccoon eyes!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nice mascara that does not clump or run on me. It is strange how it comes off in tubes when splashed with water.