Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

on 2/19/2007 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara is not quite my holy grail - as I'm still looking, but it comes as close as any other. You won't get over the top volume or length with this mascara, but it will provide nice coverage, color, and definition. It doesn't smear, smudge, or flake, and it removes easily with water -- which is the reason for the rating of 4 rather than 5. You may lose coverage on a few lashes if your eyes water in windy weather. All in all, a great mascara - the best I've found (and I've tried too many to remember - Benefit, Chanel, Darphin, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Max Factor, Loreal. . .).

on 2/14/2007 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Good mascara, the best thing is being able to remove it in the shower in tubes. No rubbing or eyemakeup remover needed. A suggestion for all the people who said it dried out quickly - you can add a small amount of water to this one, as it is water-based. This makes the texture and consistency back to when you first opened it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

One of the worst Mascaras out in the market. I know it has won awards but not worth the price. The only thing good about this mascara is the way it comes off. It does not pull or give you panda eyes when taking it off. But the mascara does not build thickness nor length to the look of your lashes. The product is on the dry side and there does not seem to be a lot of product in tube.

on 1/16/2007 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Tried it, after the hype on HSN, but just could not get into it. It seemed "skimpy" and I need lashbuilding since I have thin, thin eyelashes. I found it did not work well with the lash curler but it does wash off easily. Another one of those been there, done that cosmetic purchases.

I have tried almost every mascara out there. This does not live up to its claim. I agree with the other posters - it dries out VERY fast, clumps way too easily and is way too pricey. I have even given this about 3 tries. Definitely NOT repurchase.

on 1/4/2007 3:04:00 PM

I am 57 years old and these tired, old eyes have tried many brands of mascara. I have found Mirenesse's secret weapon to be the best. I never have raccoon eyes. My mascara stays on until I want it off. Only using some water, the mascara rolls itself off into the washbasin. It's terrific!

on 1/2/2007 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After being undecisive for years watching HSN's sales pitch, I finally gave in and had to try the mascara. Well...as I dreaded, it was VERY disappointing. The mascara does not hold curls at all, doesn't look natural, and it is pretty dry in consistency out of its brand new seal; I also remember several reviews that mentioned that the mascara dries up in its container very quickly. I did not risk wasting $ on the mascara and I promptly returned the item. The only plus I can think of the mascara is that it is very easy to wash off, but that certainly wasn't worth keeping the mascara for.

on 12/9/2006 8:32:00 AM

Stays on all day and never smudges but works best when you only apply one coat. I build up the amount that I want during this coat. I frequently add warm water by dipping the brush into the water and then dipping into the mascara to make the product the correct consistency. This way, the mascara lasts 2 to 3 months.

on 11/4/2006 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

update on this mascara...after about 2 weeks it got clumpy, goopy and dried out. It is pretty much unusable after that time. My cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara lasts longer than this!! Definitely not a repurchase.

on 11/19/2006 7:43:00 AM

I found this to be very easy to apply. It stayed put all day and there was not a clump in sight for the 3 months that I used it. Also there was no smudging. Washed off easily with water AND gentle rubbing. The bad thing about this mascara is that it didn't really volumise or lenghthen all that much - however, I think it is good as a daytime 'natural' mascara and will repurchase.