Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

on 1/14/2009 11:18:00 AM

Have to layer a lot before noticing anything but it clumps if you don't do it fast enough.
Dull colour, gives me brittle flaky lashes and my undereye area has smudges and lots of mascara flakes.
Slightly stung the roots of my lashes.
Terrible.

on 12/30/2008 2:16:00 PM

I don't usually get excited about makeup, but this mascara is amazing! I've tried so many, & always end up rather disappointed & then use false lashes instead. My real lashes needed a break from all the glue, so I gave this a try after hearing someone rave about it.
My lashes look great- longer, thicker, & it stays on really well. Cleans off in little tube shapes w just water in the shower. & it curls, too!
Absolutely in love w this mascara.

on 9/19/2008 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Doesn't smudge
- Removes with water (though I need to use eye makeup remover anyway for my eyeshadow!)
Cons:
- Makes my lashes look dry and brittle, rather than glossy
- Tends to clump and look uneven
- Doesn't curl or lengthen dramatically
- Not a fan of the wand
- The recommendation to use within 30 days!
This mascara is really overpriced, IMO. There are heaps of cheaper mascaras that do a way better job. I'm glad I only had to pay postage for this, because I would have been really annoyed if I paid full-price. I don't think I'll even finish the tube, as I hate the way this makes my lashes look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this mascara as a free sample with a magazine. I wanted to try this for a long time, so I bought the crappy magazine for the mascara! I think this is a lot better than the L'Oreal version (L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes mascara). The L'Oreal one wasn't dramatic at all, and it didn't come off easily with water, and I ended up ripping some of my lashes out! Not good, considering I have crappy straight and short lashes anyway!

This mascara does give length and coats the lashes well, but like another reviewer has written before, it just isn't dramatic enough. I sometimes feel that half of these mascaras that promise to lengthen, fatten and do crazy things only work for people blessed with mid to long lashes and leaves the shorties wanting! On people like me (with lashes that are short and straight), it still takes a lot of effort! I still have to curl my lashes and apply two coats of mascara to even notice that they are there!

So far in my quest for the perfect mascara, I have only found two: Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black (it works well with my dark skin) and Max Factor's Masterpiece Mascara because it gives my eyelashes drama!

Am I the only one who thinks this mascara sucks?
The wand broke after using it once:/
It drys out my lashes and makes them go crunchy. Not to mention the clumping. Plus, I get flakes all over my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I gave this item a 2 because it didn't smudge or come of and give me 'Panda Eyes'. Unfortunately, it was very dry, flaky, crusty and lumpy. It also stung my eyes. I noticed it on HSN, and have had great experiences with their beauty products, so I assumed this would be this same.....it wasn't. Due to the fact that it was no longer on HSN, I purchased it off of Ebay, along with many lip plumping lacquers (which I love). I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.

on 5/15/2008 9:05:00 PM

I ordered this is as a free sample from the Mirenesse website (paid postage), however I wouldn't pay full price for it. I think it's a good mascara for everyday use. It lengthened my lashes nicely, but still looked natural and it gave me an amazing curl (without using a lash curler beforehand). I would never use this in the evening, as it's just not dramatic enough. It washes out easily which is great and it doesn't smudge. Unfortunately, I found this product very clumpy and my lashes stuck together even after combing. The search continues for the perfect mascara!

on 5/15/2008 4:41:00 AM

I got a full size mascara ("Super Curl") as a sample with only $8.50 (S&H). It came with a sheet of detailed instructions. Curved shape of wand is not something I'm familiar with but it is slim and very easy to apply. This mascara amazingly keeps my stubborn, straight eyelashes curled, makes my lashes truly black, lengthens them and adds a bit of volume (this mascara is not for those who want va-va-voom dramatic lashes). AND this is mighty waterproof yet removes with warm water & gentle pressure. This water-based formula is very smooth, fluid and very easy to apply--no driness, no clumps. My lashes look very natural and I LOVE the look this mascara produces, BUT the biggest and serious problem I have is that this mascara STINGS my eyes like crazy!!! (I wish I could give the score 0 for this reason if I could) It's very painful indeed. Ugh! I have burning sensation and there's no way I can bear with this. One more thing I don't like much is that coated lashes become so hardened, not soft at all. Other than that, this must be a great mascara for those who won't have a reaction to this formula.
*** Oh, but I will wash and keep the wand though. It's a very good wand!***

on 5/2/2008 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product was great for 2 weeks, and then it dried out completely :-( which is a bunch of BULLSH*T !!
But while it worked, it was thick enough to only have to use a single coat and it washed off amazingly clean- i little tubes that freaked me out every time thinking my eyelashes were falling out :-) but they weren't, haha

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This product really does live up to its promises. Great coverage of lashes. FANTASTIC staying power (even when you have a cry!). Comes off in the shower or with warm water and a face washer. I have put ALL the girls at work and my family onto it. The Mirenesse website often has freebies on there (full size too!) - you just pay the postage.

I purchased this from our shopping network in Australia and as it was my first ever purchase from the TV I was incredibly "iffy" about it. I was so impressed I joined their website as a VIP (about $20 a month) and you get discount vouchers (normally 2 for 1 deals) plus free samples and every couple of months, a free kit of make-up. Well worth the money AND they also have specials every Thursday.
In one word: FANTASTIC

Update: I have gone back to my Estee Lauder. I dont mind the Mirenesse, but I like the EL Double Wear more and if you are paying full price for the Mirenesse, then its pretty much the same price as the EL DW. In that case I prefer the EL DW. Mainly put off Mirenesse by all these "wonderful" products that they now manufacture - 99% of which are just rubbish.