Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

If you are someone who sleeps in their makeup on a fairly regular basis, or has super sensitive eyes, I highly recommend this mascara. The original formulation is AUD $35.00, but there are new variations with the same formulation but different brushes. Look out for the new SEXY Secret Weapon with the plastic fantastic brush tried it love it too although it is a little more expensive at $39.95.

This product has won many awards. Even better, Mirenesse is an Australian company and operates mostly as an internet business. You may find the odd chemist stocking a few products here and there, but check out the Mirenesse website for where to buy. This mascara is free from paraben, fragrance, mineral oil, petrolatum, alcohol and SLS (soap) and will suit even the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

This mascara will not dry your lashes, and the product wraps itself around each lash creating a little tube of color. There is no fall out, no smudging and no panda eyes even after sleeping in it. Jump in the shower and let some water fall on your face. With your eyes closed, hold your lashes to you cheek and slowly open your eyes. The little tubes will remain under your finger. You can take the same approach to removal by using a wet cotton pad, and wiping downward gently. You will see the tubes left on the pad.

on 7/5/2010 1:15:00 AM

I love Mirenesse for the very reason that when I wash it off, it all comes off, no need for eye-make-up remover, rubbing my eyes red-raw or anything, just run warm water over my eyes in the shower, rub gently and it all comes off.

The product makes my lashes much longer, adds sooo much length. It can get clumpy, but its a natural product so a drop of water in the tube re-invigorates the product. I'm signed up to the mailing club, I get special offers so I never buy full price.

on 1/10/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The is a great mascara. It is natural, doesn't sting the eyes and comes off GENTLY!

I love how the 'tubes' sit on my own eyelashes and it looks natural. People always think that I have long eyelashes but it's my little secret. I find that my eyelashes do not stick together or clog. I start the brush right at the roots of my eyelashes and comb them upwards. I quickly do a few strokes in quick succession on the outer lashes for the flared effect.

I think that this mascara gives a good extra 4mm on my own and up to 6 if I'm very patient and take care.

My previous mascara to this was Diorshow and while it was lovely and dramatic, it was a pain to get off. This mascara comes off with warm water and gentle rubbing.

This is a similar idea to Too Faced Lash Injection but the Mirenesse one does not have a horrible, plastic smell to it. All the better for natural products if it's being used in your eye area! Chemicals can get absorbed directly into the body due to the delicate nature of the area.

It doesn't come off or smear. If you cry and rub your eyes that's a different story. Like I said before, it's easy to remove. Just stick your head under the shower and rub gently.

The actual contents in the tube stay quite moist for a good 6 months. It is easy to apply. I usually use the black one but find that the navy is still dark but gives you a hint of colour whilst whitening the whites of your eyes. If only they had an indigo one :)

on 10/15/2009 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been trying to find the perfect mascara.
Still haven't but this one isn't a bad one.
Pros:
-No smudges!
- Does not feel like I'm wearing mascara
- Easy to get mascara off! With simply warm water. (Although it is to be noted that this is meant to be waterproof but oh well?)
Cons:
I'm not sure if it's just me but I can never seem to find a mascara that separates all my lashes completely. This one doesn't do the trick either.
Not a bad mascara, probably wouldn't be the best either.

on 10/3/2009 10:55:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. I always seem to get panda eyes with mascara but not this one. I am happy with the length and thickness of my lashes so the thickening and lengthening jargon is a little lost on me. I can put on one coat and it looks good or I can keep putting on more coats to make me look like I have false eyelashes one. It's super easy to get off with just water and I'm really happy with this mascara.

on 6/25/2009 11:52:00 AM

My favourite mascara.This is great as it stays put.I am a shift worker and sleep at times in my makeup.This is great for working out also and no panda eyes or smudging.The black tube has fibers and I must say I like more and for those girls who love the original must try.Simply the best I have tried!.If it dries out just boil water,dip the wand in it then place in tube and it is like new!.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i bought the sample of this. i have medium straight lashes. its alright, nothing impressive. gives length but thats it. can clump if your not really careful, doesnt keep a curl. i dont like how it leaves lashes feeling hard. comes off easily. will dry very very quick!

on 5/16/2009 10:16:00 AM

This tubing mascara is probably the only one I've continued to use after trying L'Oreal's dreadful attempt (beauty tubes). It can get a bit clumpy if there's too much product on the brush but it creates a nice natural look. The way it washes off easily in water is a plus, however it can dry out quickly so adding a few drops of sterile water into the mascara tube will reinvigorate it. It's definately expensive but you can purchase from the site when it has the pay shipping only promotions.

on 1/15/2009 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The original of this mascara is the best. Variants can be a bit dodgy in my experience. The one in the black tube is just awful...

on 1/27/2009 6:18:00 PM

I have been using this daily for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I think I really like it, but it is hit or miss. I have the best results when I use it with a primer. I followed the instructions and use the tip of the wand to coat the tips of my lashes then work from the bottom up. The tube does not last long, maybe a few weeks and then it starts drying up on me. I did not buy this product; I got a bunch for free from my dad. I don't think I will ever purchase this, just for convenience reasons though. It comes off super easy with water and has amazing staying power. (I can wear this stuff to bed and wake up looking like I just applied it)