Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.6

on 2/9/2006 12:16:00 AM

I received a mini-size of this mascara with another Mirenesse purchase, and I'm glad I did, otherwise I would never have tried it. On the rare occasion I wear mascara, I prefer a naturally defined eyelash (a la Shu Mascara Basic) - this one *can* achieve a naturally defined look if applied in a certain way. You need to work quickly and do one eye at a time ... apply a light coat, then quickly comb to get rid of excess globs. I find if I apply and let dry it looks like a goopy mess, but if applied lightly and combed through it looks neat and adds definition. I like the fact it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, and how you remove it with warm water only (no need for a special eye makeup remover!)

on 1/5/2006 3:02:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

This is the best mascara, and the new super long brush makes it apply even better! Ive been using it for the last 5 years and one thing they dont tell you is that this being a water based mascara you can actually extend its life by adding a tiny bit of sterile water(just boil it first and cool it, then dip yout brush and reinsert it into the tube!) As a makeup artist ,I use this on my models every day and i lve that i xan wash the brush too, i always leaves lashes lush and full- I will Never be without it, its my secret weapon!

on 12/12/2005 10:33:00 PM

Don't do it. It comes in a gorgeous wand. But, who is buying it for that? It is HORRIBLE. Drug store mascaras are much better. I can't believe they have the nerve to call it Secret Weapon.. there is no weapon in that wand, save your money!

on 12/12/2005 8:13:00 AM

Bought this from HSN to compare it to my previously discovered Blinc Kiss Me mascara that works in a similar fashion. End result, I prefer the Kiss Me over the Miranesse and will pay the few dollars more for it. The packaging of Miranesse is beautiful and I like the larger handled wand, but comparitively Miranesse did not match up to Kiss Me. I felt my lashes looked spidery, I did not like the build up around the neck of the tube and I felt it dried out sooner than the Kiss Me. If you want long lasting, non flaking and easy to remove mascara -- and I've looked -- get the Kiss Me instead.

on 12/10/2005 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been dying to try this forever and finally took the plunge -- what a disappointment!

It gave me no volume, no lift, nothing, no matter how many coats I put on. I like really thick lashes and this just isn't doing it for me.

Sigh -- back it goes.

The best part about this mascara is the packaging. It's beautiful but that's not what matters. The product inside the packaging is. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mascara appeared dry in texture and was difficult to build up without clumping. The neck of the tube was gunked up right away and each time I reloaded the brush it globbed(many times as it seemed to be drying too fast). My lashes looked okay but nothing spectacular. The real test was the staying power, and sadly, this mascara DID FLAKE OFF in several spots after a few hours of normal wear. I did not get any smears, but flakes. I left it on to see what would happen after a night's sleeping. I arose to find many flakes (tubes) of mascara under my eyes and on my cheeks. This mascara did not live up to the claims that it will stay put until you take it off. I was really disappointed especially with the high cost of the product. I would rather deal with an ocassional tiny smear from my regular Great Lash mascara than deal with long tubey flakes sprinkled on my face from Mirenesse. For all you girls who hate Great Lash, you just don't know how to apply it properly. There is a way to do it that has excellent results. Even Oprah Winfrey's makeup man uses Great Lash on his clients, and they can afford the most expensive in the world.

on 10/19/2005 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This my favorite mascara!!!!!! I have gone through tons and tons of mascara, from Maybelline to Lancome, and this is hands down the best mascara ever!! I have a tube of Kiss Me mascara that I have not opened yet because I'm still using this mascara. I love these mascaras that tube lashes! Mirenesse secret weapon mascara does not flake, clump or smudge. I love how when I clean the mascara off or shower, the tubes literally fall in my hand. I don't have panda eyes because it doesn't run!! I will never use any other mascara as long as I live!!

I have been using Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara for a couple of weeks and am pretty disappointed. Yes, it stays on all day and doesn't smudge, and comes off easily with warm water - which is great - it just doesn't give me the look I want. I find it impossible to build my lashes with this product & it looks clumpy when I try. To top it off the product is already drying out! I suppose this would be a great mascara for someone who already has long, thick lashes, which I don't. I much prefer any Chanel mascara, L'Oreal's Featherlash and Prescriptives False Eyelashes. I am still, however, in search of my HG mascara...
UPDATE 3/27/07 - I am upgrading this mascara from three to four lippies. I had a second unopened one, and decided to give it a shot again a few weeks ago, and now I'm actually liking it. Not my HG or anything, but actually pretty good for everyday - I might buy it again.

on 9/27/2005 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For all you girls with oily eyelids, this is the mascara for you. I have spent so much time and money trying to find a mascara that does not smudge and this is the only one that does not budge. Even waterproof mascara's leave me with panda eyes except this one. I'm not sure what the lengthening, volumising or curling is like, as I am only really concerned about smudging with my mascaras. It comes off easily with warm water. However, one of the downsides is that it tends to melt and clump your eyelashes together if you are curling your eyelashes after applying the mascara, but then you can always curl them beforehand. Plus I've only had the tiniest specks of flakes only after a good 12 hours after application. Trying to find places that stock this mascara is difficult and I have been on the search for a replacement mascara with no avail, until I found it on www.tvsn.com.au

on 8/27/2005 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The ONLY mascara I will ever use! Great stuff! No smudging, comes off easily. Just don't wipe your eyes if they're teary. Seems to dry up fairly easily, then I just add a couple of drops of sterile saline to the tube and it provides much more use. UPDATE I may have just replaced this as my HG with Max Factor Lash Perfection.