Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So let me tell you, I have tried all kinds of foundations, im a "foundation Junkie".
This was actually one of my first high end foundations and I bought it around 4,5 years ago.
I am mixed so my undertone is olive/yellow-ish. And i found that this foundtion really carters amazingly to my undertone.

I love the satin, luminous like finish and the fact that you can build it. It doesn't cake my face or even show my texture to much.
i always would go back to this foundation so that I decided to stick with it.

For me it lasts quite long I have dry to combination skin and prep with moistruizer.

Eyes: Violet

Product: 6/10
Colour: 4/10 Not the best shade range
Blendability: 8/10
Coverage: Medium, slightly build-able
Finish: Demi Mate
Price: 3/10
Packaging 10/10

I really wanted to like this product because everyone absolutely raves about it but it was NOT for my skin. This is my review for dry skin, slightly acne prone slightly texture skin.

The colour on my skin was wack, I have light skin with rosy undertones but this looked like white out on my face.The next shade with my proper undertone was for medium skin.

Foundation blends pretty good but come on its medium coverage, how thick can it be if its mostly water, alcohol denant and cyclopentasiloxane

Coverage was disappointing if im using a 70$ foundation i want it to cover at least some of my redness and dont want to have to use multiple layers.

The finish is what threw me for the biggest loop, i know some brand like Nars will have foundation names that suggest quite dewy but are more mate or satin but this was medium coverage marketed as luminous so i thought it would have a bit more of a wet look. nope looked quite powdery and drying on the skin

Price is expected for a prestige brand but the value isn't there because of the need to build.
The packaging is vanity candy though,it just says i'm boujee

Overall i'm disappointed and quite surprised because of all the hype, would probably work best for someone who uses a brush for their foundation ( I used hands and brush and brush looks best ) I'd be wary to us with a sponge because its watery and again this is $70 foundation that needs to be build a bit so you'd want all the coverage you can get. I'd suggest this for someone with more normalized oil levels which already has quite smooth skin and little acne and discoloration. The BEST way i got this to work is by mixing some facial oil in to counteract the mattifying effect, spot conceal redness and imperfections with a concealer either before or after and stipple on a layer concentrating on center of face.

on 6/10/2018 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just HATE not liking this. There are so few foundations that really work well for mature skin and this is always been touted as one of them.

But not for me.

I wanted something that provides some even-ing out redness and that left a radiant finish. And I didn't want it to immediately sit in fine lines.

But it jumped to my lines and did nothing to even out my skin tone.

And that was trying it with multip!e primers but ALWAYS sunscreen underneath. These days, If a foundation doesn't work over a serious sunscreen, pass it by.

Plus with all the unhelpful shade numbers, and that thing at Sephora that types your skin color, my share still looked awful.

$64.00 - what a waste of $$$.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'd like to begin with my main negative with this foundation: it broke me out. Initially, with the first application and wear, it was going outstandingly well and it looked so beautiful on my skin; in fact, I actually got compliments on how my skin looked which is shocking to me because my skin is probably the largest disaster to exist in this universe. It gave me medium-coverage, as claimed, and it had a satin finish which was so appealing to me. Unfortunately, some things are too good to be true and this broke my skin out in many pimples, mainly around my cheeks, chin and jawline; apparently Christmas came early, and this was not a 'gift' I wanted! However, the breakout did not happen initially, it occurred after consistent usage over the span of four days. So, I'm guessing the breakout is just due to my acne-prone skin disliking basically every brilliant product there is on the market.

Now, for the positives: it made my skin look like butter. That's all, and that's enough for me to become obsessed with a foundation; any product which can make my skin appear significantly smoother, healthier and glass-like is automatically a win-win.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really don't understand all the hype over this foundation. It has very little pigmentation and I didn't find it to be very buildable to increase the coverage. I'll stick with my Nars Sheer Glow, thanks.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foundation, it's just too bad it's so expensive (well it IS Giorgi Armani..)
I find that this foundation works perfectly with my combination skin, oily t-zone and chin and dry flaky skin around my nose. I love the coverage of this, to me this is light and is PERFECT for me as I hate cakey full coverage foundations on my skin and find that they never work for me. Instead I find that this enhances my skin and I like how I can still see freckles under it. This foundation does not dry my skin out and makes my skin look really healthy. I pair this with the Laura Mercier translucent powder and find that it's perfect. I will continue to buy this even though of the price because I LOVE it.
I would imagine that this foundation wouldn't be very suitable for someone with very oily skin as this is not a long-wearing matte foundation. If you have oily skin I'd recommend setting it with a good setting powder.

on 5/17/2018 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

First off, this is not for oily skin. This would be perfect for normal to dry skin. I have oily skin BUT I use this foundation after I do a face mask that dries my skin out. It is soooo beautiful and makes my face look like I’m glowing! On my oily skin days though, it does not last at all, it will last about 3 to 4 hours then get super oily and break down. A primer definitely helps though! So all in all I would recommend it to normal-dry skin, it’s a great foundation and it doesnt look cakey. It’s expensive but worth it if you have the right skin type for it

on 5/13/2018 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect foundation and have gravitated towards the dewy or glow-from-within foundations. I’ve found a few of them that I really like. But even with my mature 60 plus year old skin, I find a more satin finish looks the best. Powder is the enemy for older skin but the glow foundations can almost tend to emphasize fine lines and texture (at least this is the case with me).

I have tried GA Luminous Silk a number of times but I don’t think I was matched correctly in the past as it always made my pink undertone skin look sallow. I happened to be at a Macy’s recently and was color matched to 4.75 but they didn’t have my color at the store. The SA actually called over to Nordstrom’s and hooked me up.

Boy having the right color match makes all the difference. The 4.75 actually looks almost peachy coming out of the pump instead of the pink undertone I thought would be me. However, this color on just brightens up my face. It provides a natural medium coverage with a blurring and satin finish. It’s not a glowy or dewy look but just a fresh and healthy but polished look. I find it holds up nicely through the day with just a powder to my nose midday as with all my foundations.

During the summer, I bought the 5.0 shade and mixed it with the 4.75 for the best match.

This is my go-to foundation for most days when I just need the best fresh and polished look. My favorite foundation and believe me, I’ve tried more than a few....

I love that this product comes in fair shades for me and it does leave a nice satin finish and quite nice medium coverage for a thinner consistency fdtn. I will say I was a touch disappointed given the hype and PRICE that it wasn't more smooth/invisible/skin-like - when I consider the Bourjois Healthy Mix gel serum is awesome and costs about half and I get the result I'm looking for, why spend so much on this product right...?

on 4/14/2018 7:17:00 AM

Bought this to see what the hype is and it was at one point my go to foundation. I used the shade 6.5 which was a tanned colour a good match for when I was wearing fake tan. It made my skin look amazing. however the more I wore it the more I got bored of it. It still has a matte finish in my opinion and does show texture. The price £36 is ridiculous reason why I wouldn’t buy again. I’ve just finished the bottle and tried to scrape out left over product and the applicator snapped think for the price you pay it should be better quality packaging.