Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 10/24/2007 10:39:00 AM

Alright, gals, two days in a row and still going strong on this one!! The airbrushed quality of this foundation is flawless. I've been complimented by my co-workers two days straight on my skin; "what are you using?" "did you have a skin treatment at a spa?" "your skin looks luminous; it's so healthy looking" ... these are actual comments on this 39-year-old, less than perfect (I assure you) skin. It's a bit pricey but soooo worth every penny!! I'm thrilled with the results I get when I use this foundation ... thanks so much, Giorgio!!! =D

My friend told me about this (she's oily skinned and breaks out with MANY products, she has some scarring too). I am basically the same but with combo-sensitive skin.

This product is AWESOME. I bought the #4 (light) but it does seem like there is a wide array of color choices. It covers (full coverage IMO) so well--discoloration, fills in small scars, and makes you seem like you're wearing a beautiful, slightly illuminating (hence the name!), air brushed skin...

Love this stuff! Hate spending $60 on it but you can put it on with your fingers or a brush (if you think that will make it last longer).

As long as they never change the 'recipe', I won't stray. :)

on 8/25/2007 5:43:00 AM

Beautiful - one of the best foundations I have used in a long time. Coverage is dewey and flawless, color is sublime and stays true all day. To get the best out of this foundation you need a great primer (I really like Napoleon Perdis). A definite repurchase.

This is the most expensive foundation I've ever purchased. I'm pleased with it. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone. The LSF seems to minimize my pores so I seem to have smooth even skin, nearly flawless. Any foundation that can do that on my skin gets top marks. I used it daily for the past year, but in all honesty, it wasn't the best for me during the summer months. I need to find something new for this summer because the LSF simply doesn't hold up on my oily t-zone on hot summer days. But the rest of the year it's great. I gave a low rating for the packaging. I hate the pump because it doesn't allow you to dispense the exact amount you need. Some days I could use a pump and a half but this packaging doesn't allow 1/2 pumps. Also, the top doesn't come off and now that I'm near the end of the container, it can take numerous pumps to dispense the product. I'm sure I will repurchase this in the fall.

on 4/3/2007 1:25:00 AM

I loved this product at first and bought several products in the line...the color match was perfect and it felt wonderful, the way it just "clung" to my skin. But after using the foundation routinely for about a week, I noticed that I was begninning to break out (my skin is generally very clear), and as I continued using it, it was getting worse, particularly around the chin, upper lip, and forehead. After three weeks (I really wanted to make sure it was the foundation) I gave up, and my skin cleared up within about a week after that. I have never had that happen with any other foundation. I also hated the packaging, as others have indicated the problems with the opaque bottle and for me, one pump was not quite enough, but another full pump was way too much (the measurement seemed "off" to me). I think this foundation could work to be used in a small sample size for a special event only. but never rountinely--not good for the skin. Interestingly, I had a makeup artist who uses a lot of Armani tell me the same.

on 10/12/2006 2:34:00 PM

I love this foundation. It goes on nice for a sheer to perhaps medium coverage if I really put it on and it leaves my face glowing and looking wonderful. I am a PPP brunette with pink undertones and wear 4 which is a great match. I use the foundation brush to smooth it on and it looks natural and effortless. I don't need powder on top of this in my daily wear and though it is terribly expensive, a pump to at the most 2 is all that you need to cover. The foundation brush really does make the difference. Fantastic.

on 2/22/2006 9:38:00 PM

Total wasted $$- it did not cover any of my redness, and was just too sheer. Plus it comes in a pump, so you can't control the amount that comes out. A big glob comes out and some of it gets wasted. This foundation may work on someone who does not need much coverage (moot point I say) but did nothing for me.

on 2/3/2006 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I did not even realize I had access to an Armani counter in Atlanta! I was in Saks, looking for Givenchy, and when I saw Armani, I ran right over. I have been wanting to try this line so badly. A great move for my face, a bad move for my wallet!

I decided to check out this oil-free foundation, b/c I heard such awesome things about it. The Face Artist picked out 5.5 for me (I am a MAC C3). She used 1 part foundation and 1 part Fluid Sheer (their liquid luminizer), mixed on her hand, and brushed on with a foundation brush. She just kept buffing and buffing. I need med. coverage, and was worried this would not be enough coverage for me. When she was done buffing, I looked in the mirror and was pleasantly surprised. The color match was perfect. The coverage was excellent (although a few blemish scars needed extra concealer). The finish was flawless and glowing from within. I have never used that phrase before, but my skin has never looked so gorgeous.

I love the fact that it comes in a pump, but it is a pretty pricey foundation. Since I will probably not use it for my everyday routine of working out and running errands, I have a feeling this bottle will last me for years. Also, I felt a big part of the results were use of the foundation brush and the Fluid Sheer, both of which I purchased...Cha-Ching! I am still thrilled with my purchases and am experiencing no buyers remorse! UPDATE: I find I am wearing this foundation alot more often than I thought I would. The coverage is so natural and flawless looking, and the formulation does not break out my sensitive combination skin. My face looks air-brushed when I wear this foundation!

on 1/26/2006 11:56:00 PM

Ordered this online thru Macys - had a hard time deciding on the right shade for my pale skin. I did not like this foundation at all. Made my skin look greasy and old. It was very costly. I am currently using Maybelline shine free for $5.00 and this is so much better and so much cheaper!

i think this foundation is a bit of a ruse-and i have now used it on probably 15 ppl (models and regular gals)

Cons-not easy to apply, not forgiving in terms of blemishes, not particularly long wearing.ridiculously expenive.

Pros- great colors,forgiving in terms of color matching and light reflecting,feels pretty wonderful.

there are a bout a million other foundations you could buy instead of this.Love the armani line---just not this.