Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

on 12/10/2016 7:04:00 PM

Being a Rimmel 24 hour stay foundation girl, I thought I'd splash out on an expensive foundation for my birthday!

I must admit, I'd always leaned towards a thicker foundation in the vain hopes it would stay on longer and give my blotchy skin an even finish. So using Armani Luminous Silk was a big leap for me (and my bank balance).

I was matched by the kindly gentleman on the Armani counter as a 5 (and a 5.5 once I've fake tanned). The shades match perfectly as I'm naturally pale with pinkish undertones.

The foundation itself smells beautiful and does feel silky because it has the consistency of a lotion rather than a cream. It's so easy to apply and a little goes a long way, which I feel is a nice new grown up mantra for me - rather than "slap it on, the more the better"!

The coverage, for me, is excellent but can be quite sheer around problem areas, like around my nose, and the classic "I have a 1 year old" eye bags but it's buildable. I feel it gives me a glow, but by no means does it give me a "dewy" look, I just feel a little more enhanced (for want of a better phrase) when I wear it.

It's a beautiful light foundation which doesn't give you that cakey feeling once you've applied. In other foundations I've used, I've found I could feel the residue on my hands if I touched my face. Or residue on my phone (!!) I work in an office and spend large parts of my day on the phone, it's nice to see, while using Armani that I haven't left half my face on the phone receiver. It also definitely lasts longer than previous foundations I've worn, as my dear fiancée has commented that I'm still wearing make up once I've finished a day at work!

My only issue with this foundation (after bottle number 3 and having the same problem with all) is that the pump gives up too quickly! So you find yourself thinking you're running out while you've still got over half the bottle left. That aside though, I'd definitely recommend purchasing this product!!

One of my holy grail foundations. It's got a beautiful natural finish. A beautiful and buildable medium coverage that I can buff into the skin to even out the tone before going in with some spot concealing to cover up some PIHP. Lasts well on my with a light dusting of powder. Probably one of the most photogenic foundations I've ever used as well.

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do not understand the hype surrounding this product, it is ok at best. It barely offers any coverage at all, it is sooooo light. Even when I tried building it up I could still see my skin underneath. I felt like I had nothing on. I understand that some people like the natural look which is fine, to each their own but If I'm shelling out $64 plus tax I expect more from the product. I'm not stingy at all with money when it comes to a quality product either but 64 is pricey for a foundation that really should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Overall, It's not terrible but I would not recommend if you are looking for flawless coverage.

on 10/20/2016 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I quite like this foundation as it has a medium type of coverage and a nice soft finish. I have not had issues with it and it has not become cakey or melted. I wear it throughout the day and sometimes over 10 hours and so far so good. I wish it came with SPF though but it still works fine if you wear a moisturizer with sun protection.
The swatch range is better than a lot of "luxury" branded foundations and tanned to darker or deeper skin tones can find a match.

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

on 8/2/2016 4:10:00 PM

If you've done your research, you will be familiar with the hype surrounding this product. There certainly is a reason for the buzz. This is a superb foundation. For many, the hunt for the perfect base stops at the Armani counter. I can understand that.

The texture is rather loose and runny, but blends like a dream into a medium finish. I use a brush as this is my preferred method, but I'm sure it would be a delight with a sponge like the Beauty Blender. Immediately after application, you can see how well it cooperates with the skin underneath; that's what really sets it apart from other foundations. A lot of effort has been made to produce a finish that kind of "follows" all kind of lightning instead of being revealing in unflattering settings. One huge problem I have with foundations in general is that you kind of have to choose if you want a radiant, oil spill, gloss kind of finish or a matte, flat, joker-like mask. "Normal" is not really easy to come by. But GA Luminous Silk knows that real skin is unique, equally radiant and matte, and emulates this perfectly. Even on top of my greasy, pilling sunscreen it managed to look great, while my Nars Velvet Matte fell apart like a birthday cake thrown into a wall.

The shades are numbered, I kind of don't like that. Number 5 that I use is radically different from the 5.5 for example, making matching a bit of a hassle. Take your time; it's well worth it. On a final note - If you are interested in the difference between the Luminous Silk and the Lasting Silk, check out the wonderful Karima McKimmie and her blog, shamelessfripperies.com, she also have a great YouTube channel that is a must see for MUA members around the world.

on 7/17/2016 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best foundation I've used.
To be fair I haven't tried many foundations because I have decent skin (normal leaning towards dry, and doesn't require heavy coverage) so I tend to stick to bb cream with beneficial properties when I do wear make up, but all the ones I've tried for foundation (Dior Forever, Estee Lauder double wear, Clarins, YSL serum, Too Faced born this way) didn't look too different to my skin without foundation.
When I tried this, I wasn't expecting a miracle, but after application I was so surprised to see that it actually made my skin look better! It made my skin look like a porcelain doll.
It lasted pretty well too, considering I didn't wear powder over it, and it didn't dry out my skin at the end of the day like some of the other foundations did (I'm looking at you, EL double wear).
The only con is the price ($90+ in David Jones), but I think it's worth the investment considering how in-often I wear makeup. Although I have a feeling I'll be wearing make up more often with this beauty in the collection! Love it!

Edit:
It's been about a year since I opened this foundation and I've noticed that the content seemed to have oxidised in the bottle somehow, it has become way too dark for me. I still love the finish, texture and longevity of the foundation but for $99 a bottle it's too dear for me to sparingly and then discard due to oxidisation.

on 6/24/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Your skin but better, light weight everyday foundation that just gives your own skin a sheer glow coating without feeling like your wearing any makeup. Wouldn't recommend if you are after a full coverage foundation