Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do not understand the hype surrounding this product, it is ok at best. It barely offers any coverage at all, it is sooooo light. Even when I tried building it up I could still see my skin underneath. I felt like I had nothing on. I understand that some people like the natural look which is fine, to each their own but If I'm shelling out $64 plus tax I expect more from the product. I'm not stingy at all with money when it comes to a quality product either but 64 is pricey for a foundation that really should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Overall, It's not terrible but I would not recommend if you are looking for flawless coverage.

on 10/20/2016 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I quite like this foundation as it has a medium type of coverage and a nice soft finish. I have not had issues with it and it has not become cakey or melted. I wear it throughout the day and sometimes over 10 hours and so far so good. I wish it came with SPF though but it still works fine if you wear a moisturizer with sun protection.
The swatch range is better than a lot of "luxury" branded foundations and tanned to darker or deeper skin tones can find a match.

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

on 8/2/2016 4:10:00 PM

If you've done your research, you will be familiar with the hype surrounding this product. There certainly is a reason for the buzz. This is a superb foundation. For many, the hunt for the perfect base stops at the Armani counter. I can understand that.

The texture is rather loose and runny, but blends like a dream into a medium finish. I use a brush as this is my preferred method, but I'm sure it would be a delight with a sponge like the Beauty Blender. Immediately after application, you can see how well it cooperates with the skin underneath; that's what really sets it apart from other foundations. A lot of effort has been made to produce a finish that kind of "follows" all kind of lightning instead of being revealing in unflattering settings. One huge problem I have with foundations in general is that you kind of have to choose if you want a radiant, oil spill, gloss kind of finish or a matte, flat, joker-like mask. "Normal" is not really easy to come by. But GA Luminous Silk knows that real skin is unique, equally radiant and matte, and emulates this perfectly. Even on top of my greasy, pilling sunscreen it managed to look great, while my Nars Velvet Matte fell apart like a birthday cake thrown into a wall.

The shades are numbered, I kind of don't like that. Number 5 that I use is radically different from the 5.5 for example, making matching a bit of a hassle. Take your time; it's well worth it. On a final note - If you are interested in the difference between the Luminous Silk and the Lasting Silk, check out the wonderful Karima McKimmie and her blog, shamelessfripperies.com, she also have a great YouTube channel that is a must see for MUA members around the world.

on 7/17/2016 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best foundation I've used.
To be fair I haven't tried many foundations because I have decent skin (normal leaning towards dry, and doesn't require heavy coverage) so I tend to stick to bb cream with beneficial properties when I do wear make up, but all the ones I've tried for foundation (Dior Forever, Estee Lauder double wear, Clarins, YSL serum, Too Faced born this way) didn't look too different to my skin without foundation.
When I tried this, I wasn't expecting a miracle, but after application I was so surprised to see that it actually made my skin look better! It made my skin look like a porcelain doll.
It lasted pretty well too, considering I didn't wear powder over it, and it didn't dry out my skin at the end of the day like some of the other foundations did (I'm looking at you, EL double wear).
The only con is the price ($90+ in David Jones), but I think it's worth the investment considering how in-often I wear makeup. Although I have a feeling I'll be wearing make up more often with this beauty in the collection! Love it!

Edit:
It's been about a year since I opened this foundation and I've noticed that the content seemed to have oxidised in the bottle somehow, it has become way too dark for me. I still love the finish, texture and longevity of the foundation but for $99 a bottle it's too dear for me to sparingly and then discard due to oxidisation.

on 6/24/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Your skin but better, light weight everyday foundation that just gives your own skin a sheer glow coating without feeling like your wearing any makeup. Wouldn't recommend if you are after a full coverage foundation

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have extremely sensitive skin, this is my HG. Everyone one i recommend this too really likes it. You can sheer it out or build it up to full coverage, perfect all rounder. I love there is no SPF and that it wears & wears OFF beautifully throughout the day.

I've always found it hard to find a foundation that likes my fairly dry skin and it seems to just love to eat my foundation up. I've used (and hated) Nars Sheer Glow and the closest thing I like is Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich but it just won't last. BUT I adore this! it's silky yet not dewy enough to make you look shiny, it gives such a wonderful healthy glow. I've not tried it with a setting spray yet but it lasts pretty good all dat (even with hitting the gym!) and it's just a dream to put on. My fav combo is with Tooface hangover primer with a dash of Mac strobe cream as a highlighter and applied with the beauty blender. Love it so much I'll be using it for my wedding make up this year!

BRILLIANT product! Exquisite texture! shockingly longstanding!
I had been quiet desperate before I found this product since I have tried quiet a few and none of them fully satisfied me. Nonetheless, this one is divine! especially in the manner of how long lasting in is. I check it after 8 hours without even bothering for touchups during the day, and it simply doesn't move nor fade. It blends like magic. Covers up any imperfection on my face, and still looks natural. Fairly close to be prince charming in a foundation bottle.