Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 12/21/2002 6:10:00 AM

I'm really liking this foundation. I haven't broken out once in the week and a half I have been using it and, wonder of wonders, the #3 shade matches my skin color exactly. As the other reviewers have said, it goes on very nicely without the compromise of turning greasy on the face after 10 minutes. A terrific foundation overall, I might even call it my favourite. ***EDITED TO SAY*** I've been using this foundation for a month now and all I can add to my previous review is that if possible, I love the LSF even more. I used to apply foundation and spend nearly 10 minutes trying to get it to look natural. Now, I just put some on and go... completely secure that I look flawless.

on 10/11/2002 10:11:00 PM

I have definitely decided I HATE this! I have tried and tried to make it work and can't. It doesn't cover a thing if I put on one coat, and it flakes off if I use more. Either way it makes me look like I have worse skin than I do! I have been using Revlon Colorstay Lite and find it to be FAR superior for $12. I have slightly oily skin.

on 9/13/2002 3:40:00 PM

I was SO excited to try this after reading all of the rave reviews. I ordered #2 from Saks in NY (who does not charge S&H, by the way!)and it was too light, so I re-ordered #4, which was the perfect color for my light/medium yellowish skin. I have tried everything I can to make this foundation work on my oily skin, but no matter what I do it looks chalky and flaky. I will be going back to my Chantecaille Future Skin, which is worth the extra $15.

on 9/10/2002 9:50:00 AM

I've tried a couple of liquid foundations, but always went back to powder formulations, as I could just never get the liquid ones to work for me. Until now, that is! This foundation is unbelievably easy to apply, even for someone like me. I squeeze the pump once into my hand, dot foundation across my face and blend with a damp sponge. If I need more coverage, I apply what's left on my hand with the sponge. I've also tried it without the sponge. It works, but I get foundation all over my fingers, so I prefer to use the sponge. This foundation blends easily into my skin, without the usual smudging and smearing that I've been used to. It leaves my skin with a natural-looking finish, somewhere between matte and dewy. My skintone is perfectly even and I hardly even need to use my Skin Retouch concealer. A quick application of powder and I'm good to go. I usually use this for going out in the evenings, but I've also applied it in the morning when I've a whole day out, and it lasted perfectly (even through getting my hair washed!). It is quite pricey, but I think it is totally worth it for the results, and a bottle of foundation lasts a long time with me. Thank you Mr. Armani, for restoring my faith in foundation!

on 6/22/2002 5:29:00 PM

I read all the great reviews about this product but could never find it in any of the stores around me. On my honeymoon in Paris, I went to a Sephora and I was so happy to finally be able to try this on. I tried on shade #5, which is neutral-toned and it really blended into my skin well. It was a definite keeper, so I bought it. I really am loving it so far...I have pretty dry skin though except for my nose, which I need to blot throughout the day. Overall, this is my favorite foundation except for the pump dispenser and for it's unavailability in my area (orange county, calif.).

on 6/12/2002 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My holy Grail Found. i bought Luminous Silk Foudation in three colors since it was by phone order from San Francisco Saks(Odette is fantastic , she was helpful and included samples).I ordered #1 which looks almost white, #2 perfect for PPP and #3 slightly darkerthan #2. The comsistemcy is more like a cream gel. i first used the#1 and it litteraly melts into my skin. It does give sheer coverage, not just a primer or highlight effect, since it doesnt just sit atop your skin it really does even out your complexion as well as skintone.i have few small scars and they couldnt be seen anymore. Remember , this color is almost white. I found after appluing it i liked it as a base since it will make ou look like you have beautiful skin and arent wearing any make up at all. nNxt, i tried #2 by itself. It is so easy to apply with the gel like texture. Its yeallow based and actually looks like real womens skin. No pink or orange at all.It does go on sheer but the best thing is you can layer it till you get just what you want. i like falwless myself.Every foundation i ever wore before dries quickly and you cant apply more wihtout it looking blotchy. With LSF, you can apply more where you want or a second layer for evening or just more coverage. As for luminousity,my face looked incredble, not shiny and not shimmery rather, just like it had a natural radiance. natural is the key setting it apart from others that claim to do the same things. it will make your face look absolutely perfect wihtout being obvious.I had second and third degree faciual burns as a teenager and i still have few reddish areas. I have become very frustrated searching for a foundation that has full coverage,isnt oily and makes me look like i have a good complexion. The first day i wore LSF #2, a woman stopped me and complimented me on my beautiful skin.i said it was the make iup and she didnt belive me.That is what this foundation does. It is a whole new product. It silicone and gel like texture combined with perfect colors set it aaprt from anything out there. i love the ability to go sheer and then hours later apply a second coat. Also, dont be afraid of th#1 being to light. Its beautiful alone for a natural look and under another color will give you a custom color and a highlight effect if you addit ;ater on the nose or brow bones. Mostly, i will never use another foiundation again. Why would I? I still cant beleive I can look like i have a good complexion again after the burn but to use this and look as thought I have just beautiful skin, is amzing to me.Its priced about $42 and a litlle goes a long way in the pump bottle,i still have quite a bit left after 2 months so the price isnt too bad.To me, its priceless.PS, no i dont work for Armani, i juust gave up on good skin after the burn(discoloration is mostly all thats left fortunately) and this foundation made me look like i always wished i could and i am certainly not too skilled in applying so i imagine others will look beyond flawless.I would buy this again defiantely.Rating 5+.

on 5/19/2002 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just got this in a swap... and I love it. I expected it to make me look really glowy, but it doesn't. It gives more of a very natural finish. It is a very light, sheer finish, but it really makes my skin look nice and polished, and it feels very weightless. Let it sit for a few minutes, then it sort of settles in. When I first used it, I didn't like it, but in a few minutes it looked lovely! I hate the pump, so difficult to control, and it can splatter a bit! One pump is more than I need. I pump some in an old Sephora sample jar and use what's in there, so I don't waste. An Armani beauty counter is opening up near me soon, I am so excited!

on 4/22/2002 6:56:00 AM

This is a great medium coverage foundation for most skin-types (maybe not for the VERY oily ones though)that evens out and covers flaws really well. I own shade #1 which is almost too light for my pale skin (Stila "a", MAC NC15). The LSF is very long-lasting and easy to spread with fingers/ brush/ sponge. There are two small drawbacks: 1) It contains light-reflecting particles which are a bit obvious on bright summer days. 2) It's hard to control the amount you get with the pump dispenser. You need only so little to cover your whole face that one pump is almost too much for one application. All in all this is my favourite foundation if my skin has to look perfect for evenings out.

UPDATE: I now have #2, too. This is only slightly darker and suits my skin very well- I was very surprised that this shade is non-shimmery unlike #1, so if you didn't like #1 give #2 a try! continued >>

on 3/29/2002 4:52:00 PM

This is a wonderful medium-sheer to medium coverage foundation. The finish is very natural -- not really dewy but not really matte. It's not fabulous at controlling oil, so I don't know this would hold up in the summer or for oily skinned folks in general. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to thin it out for a sheer application. For those of us who do not need a moisturizer, the best way is to combine this with your sunscreen for a sheer application. I gave only one star for packaging because the pump does not give you any control over the amount dispersed. In fact, I would give zero points if I could, because the top is not removable. Packaging aside, however, the texture, finish, and wear of this foundation warrants checking into.

on 12/19/2001 9:27:00 AM

The main problem with this range is that it doesn't cater adequately for pink to neutral-toned skin. Everything is just too yellow, apart from shade #5, which would be about the third shade up in most ranges, medium pink-beige. As a Chantecaille FS Vanilla (light with both pink and yellow tones) I found #2 was the right value, but far too yellow. #1 is even lighter, but again, very yellow. The GA MA was however able to blend a suitable tone for me by adding the #2 (pink) Fluid Sheer - but of course this doubles the price of the product and there's no guarantee you'd get the blend right at home. Coverage was good on the even parts of my skin, sort of matte but glowy, and I was pleased that I could build it up from light to medium simply by adding layers. The high silicone content gives it great 'slip', which makes it easy to blend. It covers pores and slight redness well. I was less impressed with the way it accentuated both my dry, flaky patches and my tendency to oiliness. It would definitely work better on someone with more even-textured skin. But if you have no pink undertones and no flakiness, you may fare better, because there are a lot of things to like about this.