Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 3/20/2017 8:52:00 AM

I really wanted it to work for me after reading so many good reviews and watching videos. But unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.
My skin is dry and sensitive but I don't have obvious acne or scar problems. All I wanted to achieve was a really "luminious and silky" look. My skin ended up looking quite matte ! Not luminious at all. And although the coverege is medium, my skin didn't look like healthy and flawless.
Lancome teint miracle was the foundation I been using till then, I liked it but I wanted a bit more coverage that's why I tried armani. Teint miracle never irritates my sensitive skin and although armani is noncomodogenic as well, it caused some itchiness on forehead(due to my dryness maybe) but I made sure to apply a base of lots of moisturiser and primer ( which I got from Armani as well ). Nars all day luminious was also not very luminious but at least looked healthier on me. Maybe that word luminious means something different than I think.
Over all, I could't get that glowy healthy finish.
I tried this foundation for like 1-2 weeks and maybe in summer days when skin is already good, I can make use of the bottle I bought. But for now, I am considering to go back to Lancome teint miracle or try Bobbi brown intensive skin serum foundation which is said to be nice.

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

I hated this so much.Its such a strange consistency, watery and greasy at the same time!I found that it looked streaky whether I applied it with a brush,sponge or fingers and set in a really uneven way.I prefer a light to medium coverage and found myself having to use 4 or 5 pumps to cover my face.I gave it to a friend who also hated it.Really disappointed, it was so hyped and SO expensive.Extra disappointing because I really liked Maestro.Absolutely terrible.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is the first foundation that I have used that actually makes my skin look like skin. It photographs beautifully and just enhances your skin rather than make it look like you're wearing a mask.

I have dry skin with hyperpigmentation and this foundation makes my skin look dewy and not greasy. I can't give it a 5 start rating because some of my hyperpigmentation peaks through even after colour correcting and two coats of foundation.

Even though I have to use two different colours of this foundation to get my exact match, I still find it worth it to use this foundation. For shade reference, I am closest to NC42 at MAC, although MAC tends to run a bit yellow/orange on me. For luminous silk, I use 2 pumps 7.5 and a partial pump of 9 and it's an EXACT match for my skin colour. Lots of trial and error to get the perfect match to my neutral golden undertone.

I apply this on top of the Becca backlight primer and use a very damp Beauty Blender to apply. I set it with the Chanel loose powder in Gold (shade 3).

on 1/20/2017 8:49:00 PM

Holy Grail and im very hard to please. This is a beautiful foundation, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Its a medium coverage but can be built up to full or sheared out. It glides on like a dream, it has lots of playtime so it doesnt dry too quickly, its so easy to blend, doesn't sit in pores or fine lines, I can put it under my eyes and dont have to worry about creasing, it covers all my redness as I get dry rosacea on my cheeks, it doesn't cling to dry patches or look cakey. Its luminous but slightly matt at the same time if that makes sense. Its also very neutral toned.

I usually wear Double wear foundation and I do really love it but I find that it clings to my dry skin if I dont prime extremly well and even then it can look cakey and sometimes it settles into lines and can show up dry patches so ive been on the hunt for something similar but more suited to my skin type and Luminous silk is definitely it. I have a feeling it might not suit very oily skin types so id say get a sample if youre unsure, it seems like its more suited to normal/dry skin.

Its expensive but worth it in my opinion and anyway its only 5 euro more than Double wear so I dont feel im spending much more than I usually would anyway.

Edit to add, I took a bad reaction to a new cleanser recently, I rarely get spots but this new cleanser left me with a rash on my forehead, painful cystic spots on my temples and chin and little red spots every where else, it also left my skin very dry, Luminous Silk was a god send for me, it covered all my redness and evened my skin tone with two pumps without causing any further irritation. I love this foundation!!

My HG foundation! I only recently started splurging on high-end foundations, as I was never sure they were worth it (and I now get 30% off at sephora a few days each month and can afford them). This shade suits me perfectly and the foundation itself is HEAVENLY. I still use about three pumps (I've read in reviews that it's normal to use less), but the coverage is perfect for me and it really is silky. It's not super matte, IMO it's more dewy and on the sheer-to-mid coverage side. I don't have very sensitive skin and don't break out from makeup, so I can't say anything on that. The coverage is not heavy enough that I don't still need to coverup my under-eye circles or a red spot here or there (but I've never had a foundation that was so heavy I didn't need concealer!).

My shade is 4.75, I'm quite fair and neutral and it's a perfect fit!

on 12/25/2016 11:31:00 AM

If I could I would rate this 3.5 stars.

I really wanted to love this, I really like it, but the coverage isn't strong enough for me. Moderate coverage is a generous description, I got somewhere between moderate to light. I like that the foundation is easy to apply, you don't need a lot, and of course that finish is to die for.

However I have rolling scars and it does not help cover them at all. It's a pity, maybe if I had a super heavy concealer I could pull this foundation off, but I don't have one on hand, I have maybelline master conceal right now which is pretty good and works pretty well with other products.

What a shame. I really wanted to to get on board with this product but it just doesn't help my scars any.

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

on 12/10/2016 7:04:00 PM

Being a Rimmel 24 hour stay foundation girl, I thought I'd splash out on an expensive foundation for my birthday!

I must admit, I'd always leaned towards a thicker foundation in the vain hopes it would stay on longer and give my blotchy skin an even finish. So using Armani Luminous Silk was a big leap for me (and my bank balance).

I was matched by the kindly gentleman on the Armani counter as a 5 (and a 5.5 once I've fake tanned). The shades match perfectly as I'm naturally pale with pinkish undertones.

The foundation itself smells beautiful and does feel silky because it has the consistency of a lotion rather than a cream. It's so easy to apply and a little goes a long way, which I feel is a nice new grown up mantra for me - rather than "slap it on, the more the better"!

The coverage, for me, is excellent but can be quite sheer around problem areas, like around my nose, and the classic "I have a 1 year old" eye bags but it's buildable. I feel it gives me a glow, but by no means does it give me a "dewy" look, I just feel a little more enhanced (for want of a better phrase) when I wear it.

It's a beautiful light foundation which doesn't give you that cakey feeling once you've applied. In other foundations I've used, I've found I could feel the residue on my hands if I touched my face. Or residue on my phone (!!) I work in an office and spend large parts of my day on the phone, it's nice to see, while using Armani that I haven't left half my face on the phone receiver. It also definitely lasts longer than previous foundations I've worn, as my dear fiancée has commented that I'm still wearing make up once I've finished a day at work!

My only issue with this foundation (after bottle number 3 and having the same problem with all) is that the pump gives up too quickly! So you find yourself thinking you're running out while you've still got over half the bottle left. That aside though, I'd definitely recommend purchasing this product!!

One of my holy grail foundations. It's got a beautiful natural finish. A beautiful and buildable medium coverage that I can buff into the skin to even out the tone before going in with some spot concealing to cover up some PIHP. Lasts well on my with a light dusting of powder. Probably one of the most photogenic foundations I've ever used as well.