Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 2/17/2014 1:13:00 AM

Very natural looking. I like to use this foundation in the winter when I need more coverage due to my lack of sunshine!! I use my fingers to apply it, and it goes on pretty smoothly and evenly. It lasts throughout my work day, and I feel as though this foundation gives my skin a more fresh and polished look.

on 2/9/2014 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all-time favourite foundation. I wear shade 4 (Mac NC20, Bobbi Brown 3.0) and it goes on a little bit pale but warms up to my skin tone within a few minutes. I have dry skin and this just gives me such a glow. It's not really dewy, it just looks like my skin but so much better when I apply with a stippling brush like the MAC 187 or the hourglass foundation brush. The staying power is quite good, maybe because I have dry skin, but I do find this wears better than all of my other foundations and it is never cakey. And it doesn't transfer either!! I will continue to repurchase.

I'm NC 20-25, and I used the # 5 in Luminous silk. This foundation has light coverage and is natural looking, but does not last longer than an hour or two on my combination skin. It is an okay foundation but because of the short wear time, I would not repurchase. Maybe with setting powder, it would have lasted longer, but I'd already returned it.

on 12/27/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lovely aqueous texture, easily blendable into skin. Leaves skin soft and breathable with good coverage. Good range of colours.

Beware, if you have dry patches then this will cling and accentuate this so be sure to exfoliate and moisturise before applying.

on 12/21/2013 5:48:00 PM

As ridiculous as this sounds, this foundation IS LIFE CHANGING!!

I have tried and bought every single foundation known to man - both drug store and premium brand, and no foundation has ever worked like this one. I am an Indian woman and usually foundations are either too orange or too light so make me look ashy but this one IS FANTASTIC (for reference I use 7.5)! My hunt for a foundation is finally over - I will never change from this.

This foundation glides on like a dream...it feels amazing on my skin, like it is barely there! You can add more for cover and it doesn't look cakey, or you can just put on a thin layer and it just evens out your skin leaving such a healthy glow. The packaging and the pump on the bottle is great as it lets out the perfect amount. What I love about this is that it looks so natural on. Lasts all day and night too! Got a bit off shine around my T zone but that's natural as its my skin.....

The one thing I would say is that my skin is naturally very dry, and I did notice that the first time I used this it dried my skin out the day after (prob most likely down to the fact I hadn't moisturised or cleansed skin on the night) ....BUT now I just put on moisturiser before I put on the foundation and its perfectly fine - never ever had that issue again! In fact, the next day my skin feels glowy! Deffo recommend

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

For reference I am NC30 and use #6. The color seems slightly lighter when I put it on but it leaves room for oxidation. Within 5 minutes my face looks amazing. I use Laura Merciers loose mineral foundation as a setting powder (since my skin gets crazy oily in the Tzone area). I have worn the GA foundation for the last three weeks and I haven't had any breakouts and my makeup looks flawless all day. I had to go in to a 6am meeting and a coworker asked what I had been doing differently. She then went on to say that my skin looked fresh and glowy. I have honestly received number compliments. I wouldn't suggest buying it straight up, but get a sample and see if you love it as much as I do. The only down side is the ridiculous price. $60 only splurged because of the amazing reviews. I'll probably be trying Chanel's Aqua next

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Reference point - I'm tan: NARS Barcelona, MAC NC 30-35 and #7 is perfect for me.

The packaging is a simple, pump bottle. It looks elegant on my vanity table. No issues with it.

While I am not madly 'in love' with the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, it's definitely one of the best foundations I've tried. I have pretty nice skin to start with, no breakouts (except the rare pimple that one time a month), not dry or oily so I am not really looking for a foundation that while cover my skin issues.

The coverage is medium, however it's buildable. I apply my regular skin care, and allow my Laura Mercier Radiance Primer to set before applying the foundation. Applying this foundation is wonderful - it blends easily, it feels incredibly lightweight! I have applied it with my fingers, a MAC stippling brush, and the Armani foundation brush. What I love about this foundation is that it looks natural. It gives me beautiful, glowing skin without looking like I'm wearing foundation. Another plus is that this is probably one of the only foundations I've tried that looks beautiful in real life AND photographs well. Normally, I find that those heavy, high coverage foundations photograph beautifully but in real life you look like you caked make up on. :)

The look of this foundation is dewy. I adore dewy, glowing skin, and since I've never had issues with my skin being oily, Luminous Silk wears well for me. However, my friends that have oily skin or enjoy a more matte finish have always disliked the result of it. So that's something to consider before buying :)

The wear of it actually surprised me because of all the negative reviews of it. I haven't had any issues with it getting blotchy, fading, turning orange, sliding off, etc. And I do live in a hot, humid area. I do wear primer and lightly dust the Laura Mercier Illuminating loose powder on top.

My issues with it - it's expensive. Also, on those days when my skin does not look 100% (is a little red and blotchy, dull, I have a breakout, flakiness, etc) the foundation doesn't look so great. For me, it's a foundation that looks BEAUTIFUL when my skin looks great to start with.

I'd recommend it to someone with good skin to start with, that enjoys that dewy, glowy finish to foundation and is looking for something lightweight. Get a sample and see how it wears before you purchase. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i was matched for 5.5. that's a bit dark for me. i normally wear chanel B20, mac NC25. if i'm tanned i can get away with 5.5, but 9 months of the year this will be too dark for me.

the foundation is smooth, light-weight, and probably a medium coverage. not quite as much coverage as NARS sheer glow but this will definitely take out any redness in your skin. goes on like a dream and blends easily.

and then... flakes! i have true combination skin. oily nose and chin, normal forehead, dry upper lip, cheeks, undereyes. i didn't even know my skin was flaking until i took a quick glance in the mirror in natural light and noticed the foundation clinging to the dry patches. the foundation holds up ok on my oily areas if i'm in A/C all day. if i head out in this humidity, then it melts right off. this foundation rubs off pretty easily too. on clothes, on people, on napkins.

if you are well hydrated, your skin isn't even a little bit dry, you're indoors all day, and you know that nothing and no one is going to touch your face, then this is a great foundation. seriously. in the right environment and circumstances and the right skin type, this is probably great stuff. if i was going to a party and wanted a bit more coverage than my usual (sheer) foundation, then i'd use luminous silk. but if i'm looking for something long-wearing that won't melt or rub off my face and that will be forgiving to my schizophrenic skin, then this is not it.

This has been on my radar for years, but I only just took the plunge and re-mortgaged my home to buy it yesterday.
My first impression is that it feels light on the skin, it's been about three years since I've worn a liquid (been a BE minerals devotee of recent times) and I don't think I remember any formula I've used in the past to ever be this light. It's got good slip, and applies perfectly with a foundation brush, giving medium coverage and a glowing finish. I do have a few tiny scars from spot picking around my mouth and chin and this covers them but not completely - you would have to use a concealer for a complete flawless finish, however if you have reasonably good skin I'd say you could get away with wearing just this on it's own. It's my first day wearing it so I don't have anything to report on how long it stays on for but will update later.
Update: it breaks my heart to say this but I have relegated this to the back up drawer. It was making my skin oily and sadly, the foundation wears off in patches after about 3 hours wear. I would never get this with a mineral makeup. It means you're applying a few times throughout the average day (assuming you wear your make up from morning until you go to bed at night) and quite frankly I just don't have the time for this.
That said I reckon I'll break this out for special occasions where I know that pictures will be taken (unfortunately BE minerals give a strange ghost-ish white cast in pictures) so I'll end up using it up, but it's not an every day foundation for me.
If you have normal-dry skin with few blemishes I imagine this would look stunning.

on 5/30/2013 8:40:00 PM

I got a sample of this after hearing rave reviews of this foundation.
Im an NC-35 in MAC, and was matched to the 5.5
I like the foundation, there is really nothing wrong with it. But i have oily skin.
I think this would be a really nice foundation on dry skin ladies, but it made me a little greasy in the T-zone and it's not really worth the $60 for me!