Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

on 1/5/2005 2:36:00 PM

I bought this in Vegas at the Bellagio and I didn't like it at first. My husband said my face looked "sweaty". Since I have combo skin, it did shine up easily. But then I stopped using my heavy moisturizer with it. I think this foundation is moisturizing enough on its own. During the day I used my super-light Neutrogena active sunscreen and it didn't contribute to the greasies. I now love this foundation. I use it when I want to look glowy. It lasts all day. I also love the yellow-based shades since I'm a latina with light-medium-olive skin. Too bad it's so expensive, but I've seen it cheaper on ebay. btw, I use shade #6.

on 4/1/2003 5:57:00 PM

I tried a sample of this from another user. I have combo skin, with an oily T-zone at the end of the day and this foundation gets way too greasy through the T-zone for me. I also prefer more coverage, this is pretty sheer for me. I may try the Matte foundation though...

on 2/18/2003 11:50:00 AM

A really good MUA friend of mine gave me this for Christmas and it is one of my favorite foundations. Although the color LSF #4 is a tad light (I normally wear LM Moisturizing in Sunny beige/LM TM in Nude or Sand) it becomes perfect as the day wears on because foundations turn a little dark on me as they mix with the oils on my skin. Great coverage and smooth. It doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. I love it.

on 4/22/2002 6:56:00 AM

This is a great medium coverage foundation for most skin-types (maybe not for the VERY oily ones though)that evens out and covers flaws really well. I own shade #1 which is almost too light for my pale skin (Stila "a", MAC NC15). The LSF is very long-lasting and easy to spread with fingers/ brush/ sponge. There are two small drawbacks: 1) It contains light-reflecting particles which are a bit obvious on bright summer days. 2) It's hard to control the amount you get with the pump dispenser. You need only so little to cover your whole face that one pump is almost too much for one application. All in all this is my favourite foundation if my skin has to look perfect for evenings out.

UPDATE: I now have #2, too. This is only slightly darker and suits my skin very well- I was very surprised that this shade is non-shimmery unlike #1, so if you didn't like #1 give #2 a try! continued >>