Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

I was truly disappointed at this product after reading raves about it in magazines and here. Maybee my expectations were to high, but it didn't do much for my skin. It was ok coverage but I can get an ok foundation for a fraction of the price of this one (58). Not worthy of the price!! Need touch ups, and settle in to pores and lines. Look as though I was wearing alot of make up right after application which during the day fades. I apply it with a brush wich seems to be the best way of using it.

This is what I have been using for a few years now.
Why I like it? It feels so light, like nothing is on your skin. I use #4 and its a great match for me, pale but not pink. I use my fingers and a pump n a half cover my entire face (i mix it with fluid sheer#2 for extra glow). Its very build-able, you can get a sheer to medium coverage with it. It does come in a glass bottle, i have dropped it about a million times and it has yet to shatter. One bottle lasts me nearly a year (So they might be plastic by now lol).
Why i didn't give it a perfect five- because unless you take the time to use powder to set it on your nose, it will come off.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my HG foundation at the moment if only for one reason - shade 6 is the yellowest I have found and suits my skin well. If your anything like me every foundation is too darn orange or pink even those brands who "claim" to be yellow based. I wish it wasnt quite so luminous given i live in a humid climate but cant find this shade in any of the matte range. Will definately repurchase.

on 7/11/2009 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After I was done with my GA Matte Silk Foundation, which is out of the market, I bought this one in the same color, nr. 4.
I thought this would be made for all skin types, as it writes on the package, but I don't see it so at all. This might be good for dry / normal skin types, but for sure not for oily /acne prone skin types. Plus, the color is different than the Matte Silk Foundation color, even though it says nr. 4 it is not the same. It is yellowish, and I looked pretty sick and shiny all through the day. This will go back because I can't start anything with it.

on 5/22/2009 8:35:00 AM

This is the most amazing foundation ever, best suited for combination/oily skin, it gives nice sheer coverage but you can build on it, the colour choices are also very good, I use 5.5 in winterr ( to add a bit of colour) and in summer (to get more deeper couls just sweep a bit of bronzer).

This foundation doesnt clog pores and doesnt cause break outs it has awsome feel as if you have nothing on, this product is worth the money

on 8/5/2008 12:03:00 AM

PROS: It applies like a dream and it lasted on my face longer than i expected
CONS: it gets in my fine lines around my mouth and eyes, it gets oily very fast,coverage sheer to medium, i can't find a good color match ...4 is too light, 4,5 is too orange (closest match), 5 is too pink , 5.5 too dark and orange. The sales lady told me to buy fluid sheer in 1 and mix it with 5 to get the right color but i think the fluid has too much shimmer in it ...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Background: I have warm-toned, fair, Asian, sensitive, acne-prone combination skin that is more on the oily side. Fluid foundations I've used are: Chanel Teint Fluide Universel (20 Clair), Chanel Teint Innocent and Teint Naturel; Estee Lauder Double Wear (Ecru); Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Skin Clearing Oil-Free (Softest Gold and Golden Bisque), Mary Kay Medium Coverage (Ivory 200), Laura Mercier Oil-Free (Golden Beige), Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid (774), and this foundation.

Pro - Color Match
I bought this in both 4 and 4.5. The latter was way too orange for my skin tone, but shade 4 mixed very well with my skin.

Pro - Application
This glides on extremely well. I tried it with fingers, brush and sponge. I think I just prefer fingers but there wasn't much of a difference. It looks very natural in a "too good to be true" kind of way.

Mostly Pro - Texture and Coverage
It's has a bit of a creamy consistency that is great for giving medium to full coverage. I feel it did an amazing job in covering my shallow acne-scars. For bright blemishes, I had to use additional concealer. I'm trying to tone down on the foundation so I won't be using a medium to full fdn, and this will no longer be purchased because of that.

Con - Lasting Quality
Right after application, it looks AMAZING on my skin. No flaws at all, but since my skin is oily as it is, I noticed with this my skin appeared oiler. The foundation seemed to end up sliding off because of the extra oil generated. If it had not been for this, I would have given this 5 lippies.

Other Cons
This is sold at ONE store in the country I live in. One store. Also it's even more outrageously priced than the American prices. This is another reason I will not be repurchasing for my own use.

Remarks
Though my skin is very acne-prone, this didn't give me any noticeable acne. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is above their 30s and doesn't have oily skin. It would have been my HG had it not looked so oily on me. Over this, I prefer Shu Uemura's FA Smoothing Fluid Fdn.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

IM SO IN LOVE!!! This makes my skin look so fantastic I stare at myself all day lol I cant believe that my skin can look that good, but it does!! I mix it with sheer fluid and use the brush and I get the most amazing results, etheral is a good word to describe it... I havent tried it with primer or anything, and I never use powder, and it lasts beautifully... I had to review because yesterday I had it on from 1 to about 2:30 am and i can hoenstly say i didnt touch up ONCE! I have combo skin which is prone to breakouts, and Ive been using this for about 2 months, and it has not done anything bad to my skin. HG!!

on 10/23/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this foundation; it's my HG. I wear this foundation and when I go to Neiman's the MAs cannot tell I'm wearing foundation. They tell me to stick with whatever I am wearing because it looks super natural. I used to wear Vincent Longo Water Canvas before finding this, but this foundation looks smoother on my skin and it's a better color match as well. Although, VLWC feels like I have nothing on, as opposed to LSF because I can feel it on especially if I apply too much. Also, yes the packing is annoying. The glass bottle is beautiful, but it's hard to tell how much is left, and the pump dispenses a tiny bit too much. I steered clear from liquid foundations for a few years as I hated having to spend so much time making sure they didn't streak, but this foundation melts into my skin; it's easier for me to use this than a compact powder foundation (I wore StudioFix for years). I have repurchased this so many times and I'm stocked up for at least two years.

I would like to give this 4.5 lippies coz I absolutely adore this foundation! I am a true foundation junkie -- I have bought and tried almost every foundation out there and GA LSF is one of my favourites! It seems to fit my preferences perfectly -- I like coverage, but not so much that it looks masky ... I also like a natural glowy finish, but nothing too greasy or shiney looking. And this is just perfect that way. I have normal slightly combo skin and think it does work best for normal skins ... I do notice that whenever I have the odd dry flake, it isn't very forgiving but I don't get those often, so that's ok. I also ended up buying 2 different shades (#4 and #5) because I couldn't get an exact match ... I first got #5 and then went back for #4 as well to do a mix ... #4 is yellow enough but just a tad light ... #5 is the right depth, but not enough yellow, so I mix both and it is just fine. I can get away with #4 or #5 mixed with some fluid sheer, but if I want to wear it straight for max coverage, I prefer the mix of #4 and #5. I'm guessing my true match is somewhere between 2 parts #4 and 1 part #6 (which is way too dark for me, but the right amount of yellow!). It's too bad the 4.5 and 5.5 shades were too orangey and that there isn't one bottle that is a true match for my olivey NC25/C3 skintone. However, I like how this foundation makes my skin look and how it performs enough to make do and can overlook most of that! :)