Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.3

on 12/22/2007 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE at the age of 34 yrs old. I bought this foundation when it first started come out, I believe beginning of 2000 ish. I was still in my early 20's, acne prone and oily skin due to overused of acne products and stayed up late. Now at 34, I'm in love with it. My skin is more on combination, my acne has cured (BIG THANKS TO VIVANT SKINCARE, BP Face Cleanser is a GOD SENT) Look it up on google!!!, guarantee your acne will clears up, also use 'Glo Minerals' foundation on daily basis. Don't use foundation from dept stores or Sephora, they will break you out unless you are blessed with good normal skin. So, back to this foundation, I'm Asian, medium skintone, my color is a mix of no 4 and 6 on winter time or no 6 alone on sunny months. 4 and 6 is yellow undertones, but will not make you yellow. It's more on beige yellow without pink tones. Latina girls can also use this shade or blonds with yellow undertones. This foundation looks so amazing in photography. Tested with my Canon old G4 during a trip to Korea. I look freaking flawless, even in flash, no white face, since it has no SPF. Although I'm wearing Elta Md SPF 46 underneath, still no white cast on flash photo. Woohooo!!!! It doesn't clog my pores either, which is rare for a non medical grade foundation. Seriously if you are still acne prone, I highly suggest on wearing Glo Minerals foundation, VIVANT skincare (dermstore.com and skincarerx.com or vivant website) and Elta MD sunscreen. I've experimented a lot with diff skincares to cure my acne for the past 15 years. Also check your diets, very very important. What you eat shows on your skin, unless you have good skin genes. Trust me. Don't buy stuff from Sephora, etc while your acne still popping out. Look for medical grade skincare and makeup. Check ingredients on the label, print out all pore clogging ingredients that are bad for acne. You will find them a lot in Sephora items or dept stores. Be more diligent with your skin so you can wear Armani Luminous Silk on Special occasions. :)))

on 10/18/2006 10:51:00 AM

I keep coming back to this as my favorite foundation. It leaves a nice satiny finish to my combo skin, and it evens out my skintone (concealer is needed for blemishes, etc). I would say this has medium coverage. I do have to blot once during the day (sometimes twice if I'm freshening up to go out at night). My skin sometimes looks a little oily by the end of the day, but I don't care for matte foundation, so that's okay with me. I wish they would improve the pump because I waste a lot of product. I also think there's a lot left in the bottle after it seems to run out, but you can't remove the pump to get it out. It's expensive, but I definitely think it's worth it!

on 3/28/2004 9:30:00 AM

Me: PPP, combo skin with slight tendency to break out.

Packaging: 30ml brushed glass bottle, with black lid - looks like a cylinder. Pump action.

Price (in Dublin): 33

Texture: Velvety and very light, quite runny in fact which made me panic at first, but turns out to make it really easy to apply. It has sheer coverage, and is light enough to apply a second layer if you want to look more "made up" without it clumping nastily on you. I have a few dry patches on my face at the moment from an acne treatment, and had to dab a tiny bit of moisturiser over those parts, because being a water-based foundation, the superdry bits looked ever so slightly flaky. I have combination skin, and found that I still needed a little of powder on my nose, but didn't need to layer powder over my whole face like I am used to doing with other foundation.

Colour: The colour I bought is #4, which I was suspicious of at first because #2 was the sample which I had been given originally and while it was a perfect match for my skin, my skin is sooooo white it make me look a little to goth, and the second time I went in (wearing #2) the MA suggested I try #4 instead as it was a teensy-weensy bit warmer, and I'm very glad that I got the #4 instead now - the colour is simply lovely on - very natural, no "tide mark" but just warm enough to take away the deathly pallor that I normally have!

Verdict: The foundation is fantastic, and I highly recommend it to you as having a light coverage, fabulous texture, and good range of shades. Do ask the MA to match you up with a colour though, because some of the colours look terribly similar and you might benefit from asking the MA for advice.

on 2/10/2004 5:56:00 PM

Only based on MUA reviews, did I seek out this foundation. I had been looking for a foundation that had decent coverage, but wouldnt look caked on. I love this - makes my skin look smooth and covers just enough so i dont look "masky". Also, the color is a perfect match for me. #5. no breakouts - i have combo skin - and the wear is pretty long lasting. i had used channel matte foundation and thought that was good, this is 150% better. def worth it.

Ack! finally figured out what was breaking me out bad! This stuff breaks me out everytime I use it and I haven't changed anything else in my routine. I only loved the dewy look for a minute so I quickly returned this. It's pretty, has good coverage, moisturizing and luminious but not worth the money. La Mer and Laura Mercier is much better! IMO

on 11/5/2003 11:16:00 PM

This stuff is great. I've tried RMK, SKII and clinique before this. All of them are fine but LSF is just magic. Good coverage yet it looks so natural on my skin. Contrary to what some MUAers were saying, it doesn't emphasize my pores. Gives dewy finish without any dramatic shimmer. Thumbs up!