Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

This product is awesome, it is by far the best self tanner I have ever tried. I LOVE being tanned, and I used to tan all the time but quit because I worried about the effects of real tanning. So I have always been searching for a self tanner that would give me a deep, glowing tan. And this is perfect! About once or twice a week I apply this all over after my shower and it develops into a nice, bronzed colour. For every day use I mix a bit of this with lotion and apply it all over just as I would regularly apply my lotion. When I go out, I mix this with a sparkly lotion to give my legs and shoulders a sexy, shimmery glow.

on 12/13/2007 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love and adore this product. Clarins is the best in self tanning and bronzer products. I have used the liquid tanner and loved it. This one is even better. My skin picks up the goldish shade in the third application. I applied the product, let it dry and applied it again. At the third trial, my face turned to this gorgeous 24 karat gold color. I am not that pale to begin with but my coloring is a bit too ashy. Other self tanning products made me look ashier and an ugly shade of brown. This did not. I also have a confession about applying this. I did not exfoliate. For some reason whenever I exfoliated before, the tanning was patchy and it streaked. Also, I love the way that this feels on my skin. It is a bit on the oily side but my skin looks 500 times healthier and nicer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I love this product. I use it primarily on my face, so a tube lasts a long time. Being a gel, it's so light and absorbs quickly and evenly. I've tried so many cream tanners that just feel heavy and greasy, like the sun-creams you smeared on your face before going to the beach as a kid. It's really easy to apply and you don't need a lot of it, it washes of your hands easily (no orange fingers the next day), the scent is perfumey and strong but pleasant compared to a lot of tanners, and the tone is natural and buildable. I'm extremely pale, so I actually don't want to look really brown, but just to lend a little apricoty glow to my sometimes ashy skin. In this sense I use it almost more as a complexion brightener than a tanner, and it does make my skin glow and elicit question-mark-compliments (eg., "oh, you look pretty today?", "new makeup?", "good night's sleep???"). I wear full-coverage foundation, but it still glows from underneath, and makes underye shadows and discolourations less obvious. It also seems to work very quickly. I'll definitely keep buying this stuff in spite of the price for those days when I just need a little help.

on 10/30/2007 7:19:00 AM

Really really great product. I was a bit sceptical at first because I seem to remember having a bad run-in with a Clarins self tanner once, which left me livid because of the horrific price. But, after reading the reviews here I decided to go for it, and I was not disappointed. I honestly can't fault this product on anything except for the price - but such is the way of things I'm afraid. Lovely texture, dries beautifully, leaves my skin soft, great even colour. I'm really pale, so I'm very happy with the colour that develops after only one application.

Hmmm had to take away a star cos I found it does get a little patchy - though this could also be my fault for being a tard when it comes to application. I hate to say this, but I think Neutrogena's gradual tan thing is better :(

on 10/7/2007 9:50:00 PM

Can't believe I've never reviewed this before! Used to use this (my first expensive self-tanner ever....was in HK and couldn't find anything else). I am switching back to this regardless of the price due to the fact that they switched the formula of my drugstore favorite...L'Oreal Sublime Tinted in Medium / Dark). Anyway, I've always gotten an even, beautiful golden tan from this stuff despite the fact that I literally glow in the dark naturally! I am a PPP to the extreme! And it is fool proof! As I mentioned, it's one of the first self-tanners I have ever tried! After all these years.....I'm going back to my true love! :)

on 10/6/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I feel I should write a review on this product, as this is what lead me to discover MUA. A couple years ago I was trying to find the best self tanner out there, and I ran across MUA. After reading the reviews on this site I decided to purchase clarins gelee auto bronzant and I haven't been disappointed. All of my friends own this now. It is idiot proof. If it doesn't streak on me, I cant imagine it streaking on anyone else. The color is develops in a couple hours into a nice natural bronzy glow. Its buildable too, so if you want to go darker just apply more the next day. I live in South Florida so this has been my 'winter' staple. My only complaint is the smell. Not nearly as bad as other self tanners I've applied, and beats the pants off mystic tan, but you still get that self tanning smell, albeit a very faint one.

on 9/19/2007 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally someone got this self-tanner thing right! This gives me a soft healthy glow with no signs of streaking or oranging. My HG tanning product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love, love, love this self-bronzer!! I am very pale, so I've used many, mostly drugstore brands. This one is the best by far. Gives a golden- not orange- glow, easy to spread evenly, soaks into the skin with no stickiness and a light moisturizing effect, and has no unpleasant odor.

The price is a drawback, at $30 for 4 1/2 ounces. But it's worth it. This is the only bronzer I will ever use now.

on 8/29/2007 6:49:00 PM

Nice stuff. The only other self-tanners I've tried have been the gradual, lotion-based ones like Jurgens. This is MUCH better. The effect is very subtle, though. It DOES leave your skin so soft!

on 9/6/2007 5:15:00 AM

i have had so many bad self tanning experience's i had almost given up on finding a nice natural color product.i have dark hair but fair skin and usually end up looking orange and streaky my boyfriend always complains saying it would be better to be pale than streaky.i saw the reviews for this and went to get some as its one of the last few brands of self tanner i havent tried.this product is brilliant,first of all the smell,i can barely get a tanner smell when i apply,only after maybe a few hours a slight trance of smell but it is only slight.it is a clear thick gel and the color takes a while to develop but when it does it is beautiful,very realistic although i wouldnt imagine it would benefit someone who already has a color.the color does build but its a realistic color for fair skinned people.the thing i loved most about this product is it wears off evenly and i find i just revert back to my normal color,no patches or dirty spots.i love this product and will not try anything else now i have tried this.my boyfriend even complemented me and said he wouldnt have guessed it was fake color.fab product.