CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.8

The BEST self-tanner I have ever found - and I've used every single one you can think of (GlowFusion, St. Tropez, Coppertone, L'oreal, and on and on....)!! I'm extremely pale, so I'm always trying new ones and I keep coming back to this one. It dries in about 15 minutes (not 5 minutes, like the bottle says) but it's still considerably faster than any other self-tanner. This is also the only self-tanner that has never streaked on me. I apply it 30 - 60 minutes before going to bed and I wake up with a perfectly-colored, streakless glow. The only drawback is the price, but it's worth it for the ease of use and perfect results.

on 6/10/2008 8:34:00 PM

The most natural looking and pleasant self-tanner I've tried. The only complaint I have - the price $$. Tried to buy it on ebay twice - the quality was far behind the original (probably they sell it expired).

on 6/3/2008 7:12:00 AM

Mediocre product with a high price. I abandoned my trusty Sublime Bronze after admiring the results on my sister. For some reason, it just won't work for me. It smells bad, looks a bit Bart Simpson, broke me out immediately on my face (although the bottle says non-comedogenic), and streaked terribly. I haven't had this many embarassing streaks since the Wet n Wild days of grade 9 when I was clueless about application, even though I exfoliated, etc. Tinted gels (like Sublime Bronze) are much more reliable and streak-proof. The two points are for the hope that maybe part of it is an application issue and I can eventually make this expensive stuff work. UPDATE: No, couldn't make it work, despite different techniques, etc. To make matters worse, this faded in noticeable patches. When I used trusty, natural-looking Sublime Bronze gel again, I realized how terrible Clarins was for me. Never again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I discovered this product last spring and I felt in love with it since the first application!
The main reason is the color: absolutely realistic, no strange orange/yellow undertone to me. I think that the best results comes with pale skin tone.
No issue with streaking, but you have to exfoliate your skin before and to apply with some tricks .... well, this is true for all the self-tanners that I've tried.

The only remarks is the price, 20 euros for 125 ml, but I save my skin and stop peolple asking me "Do you feel bad? You're so pale..."

Definetly I raccomend to pale girls that wants a believable colour and no error proof self tan!

on 5/14/2008 10:18:00 PM

Okay so this is my latest foray into the world of self-tanners, it being almost summer and all. Since I live in Hawaii, EVERYONE has a tan, but I'm unfortunately ghostly white with freckles and can only burn. Plus I don't want skin cancer so I slather on the SPF before seeing sunlight. So on my latest trip to Nordstrom I picked this up after no stores in the local mall carried St. Tropez... the suck of living on an island. :( The SA recommended this saying it was "the closest to St Tropez" and blah blah blah. WRONG. I'm ghostly white, glow in the dark, and after slathering this all over my body and waiting the 3+ hours... WHAT TAN? I look almost exactly the same. I mean seriously! At 30 dollars, I'd expect some results. If this makes no difference on me, I can't imagine it working on anyone else! So I'm going back to Nordstrom with this P.O.S. "tanner" to get my 30 dollars back!!! SO not worth it, I'm ordering St Tropez online now. (ps you can get it really cheap at wwwdotmassagewarehousedotcom!)

I could only see this tanner as good for someone who wants a VERY slight change... it's not streaky, application is pretty fool-proof and the color looks natural but I'm still pale! For the price, not worth it.

on 5/8/2008 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The best self tanner I have ever used. I am super pale; when you think of milky white skin you are thinking of me. I have used so many self tanners that I could nto begin to count or even list them and this is the one that I keep coming back to year after year. It is a gel formula that does not dry my skin and is so easy to apply. I put it on right out of the shower after drying off and I do wear latex gloves so my palms don't tan. This gel is so good at not streaking that I put it on without my husband's help (even on my back) and I rarely exfoliate before use. It does take two to three uses before I develop a nice golden glow but because the look is so natural even on my pale skin I do not mind. Two tips on application for an awesome tan with this gel is use the gloves and when you have applied all over take of one glove and rub it over the back of your hand then remove that glove, slip on the other and do the same for that hand. Do NOT add more tanner, just use the leftover on the gloves so your hands don't look super dark and weird. The other tip is of course apply sparingly to ankles and feet but I also go back over my ankles with gloved hands and no additional tanner to make sure it is rubbed in good (then I do my hands). I have never once streaked with this gel and it always comes out great. Totally worth the $30 to me as I have spent more money throwing away cheaper tanners that didn't work and left me orange. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

on 4/15/2008 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I tried this a few years ago, so maybe it has improved since, but it was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at the time.
The salesgirl assured me it did not smell as bad as most self tanners....well, the most horrible rotten egg smell developed along with the color, which was ORANGE. Not to mention it took forever to dry & was super streaky, no matter how carefully I applied it. That nasty smell took several showers to be rid of and clung to anything I came into contact with (clothes, sheets, towels).
Hands down the WORST self tanner I have ever used. Not one good thing to say about it...

on 4/11/2008 2:39:00 PM

i've received 2 deluxe samples of this. exfoliated, moisturized, and applied the gel to my chest and arms. i used A LOT of it. at 1st it smelled like heavy chemicall bug repellant. than it faded to nothing. the color....WHAT COLOR? there was none! there is a SLIGHT difference, but far from looking tanned, or even "toasty". i love the gel formula, but it gave me no color. will not be purchasing full size (at the rediciolous price)

Definitely my HG self-tanner !! Although it is a little too expensive to use on a daily basis :( I love to apply it in the morning right after my shower, especially before a night out or a big date !! It gives great control of how much colour I want and I'm glowing in 2-3 hours !! LOVE IT !!

on 3/20/2008 11:51:00 AM

FINALLY! A fake tan that doesnt make me look too orange or too yellow....yippee!! I guess it must just agree with my skin tone as Ive read some reviews on here where people havent had any luck with this. It does take a bit of building up, as opposed to something like St Tropez, which I prefer as its more natural-looking. Unfortunately, this also means you need to use more and 125ml just doesnt really last long! The colour is realistic though and it hasnt streaked at all, I exfoliated the first time but not the second and it didnt seem to matter. A little goes a long way, but I think Im probably only going to get another 3 applications out of it....which, for GBP£15.50 isnt very good, which is why I knocked a lippie off the score (tip: I got it cheaper, try online....). The smell is ok, but not great when it dries 'old carpet and burnt hair' someone said on here, and that is so right! But it can be so easily masked with perfume or other moisturiser so it doesnt bother me...to be honest all fake tan stinks, and this isnt all that bad compared to some! I will definitely be buying this again, as this is about as good as Ive found for me...minus the price and smell...you cant have it all! RECOMMENDED!