CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

on 12/30/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you can handle the smell which reminds me of Avon's Skin So Soft, this product is great, but if like me, you find it offensive then you probably won't like this.

The color of the tan is awesome, more of a very slight and natural pink shade added to the tan instead of an orange tint that is produced from similar products. I found that the tan is a bit more gradual and you may need to use 2 applications to get the desired tan but that seemed to also make it appear more natural with a healthy glow.

It is quick drying, no sticky legs or arms and no worries of product wearing off on your clothes which was a huge plus. I also didn't notice the scaly dry skin that other self tanners can produce.

I really wish they would change the scent of this. It is an expensive product that smells cheap and overbearing :(. I simply could not get past the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck! This product smells so nasty. I was so gutted when I went to apply because I had spent so much money on it. I wore it once & someone actually commented on the strange smell & they weren't even standing that close.

on 11/20/2009 8:46:00 PM

After much consideration I decided to purchase this self tanner as the sales woman at sephora raved about it.

THIS IS THE WORST SELF TANNER I HAVE EVER USED! Its basically the same quality as any drugstore brand, with all the same resuls and for 3 x the price.
The color was the opposite of natural on me. it was bright orange, which is strange considering everyone else on here seemed to end up with a gorgeous brown tan. It smelled beyond nasty, like pee almost. and it took forever to dry and left a greasy film on my face. NEVER AGAIN!! sticking with bliss's a tan for all seasons.

Pros:
The smell is unlike other ST's
First application turns out great

Cons:
It's a gel.
Every application after the first doesn't look so good.
In natural lighting (outside) the color looks very uneven
Doesn't last very long
Feels like it never dries
Makes skin feel greasy

I really liked this product the first time I applied it but it went downhill after the first time. I exfoliated and moisturized before applying but still kept getting an uneven color.

Best self-tanner ever. It shows up completely even, streak-free and very natural looking. The smell is different than other self-tanners but still stinky in my opinion. I will continue to buy this although it's a little pricey, about $32 on Clarins website. Other self-tanners are a joke to me compared to this stuff.

For a self tanner, this one has a bearable scent. Im pale with dark hair NC20, and wanted a natural looking fake tan since I dont like sun tanning. When I worked for Prescriptives, I used their self tanner which I really liked but the reviews on this one were so high that I decided to try it. It is expensive, I think I paid around $38 for it at Sephora. The texture is nice, like a lightweight gel lotion. I usually shave first and use a plain moisturizing lotion all over then wait for it to sink in, before I apply the self tanner. It does take about 2 or 3 applications to see results. The first time I used it I put it on the morning of a dance performance and to my sadness it didn't kick in in time :(. Start to use it 2 days ahead of when you want to have color. I dont use it all the time, mostly just in summer or if Im going to an event; then I start a couple days before. The color is golden and natural, Im still not a pro at applying it, especially around knees and feet. It does help to moisturize first. One bottle lasts me about 15 applications on my legs, its too expensive for me to use all the time though. Hope this helped!

on 7/27/2009 3:39:00 AM

I'm very pale normally & most self tanners either make me look orange or don't really do much of anything at all. I've tried all the drugstore name brands (L'oreal & the like) as well as some higher end ones (Bare Escentuals, Repechage,etc.) but nothing works as well as Clarins. This gel goes on so easily & dries very quickly-no tacky residue. It doesn't have that awful self tanner smell either. The result is a nice realistic looking tan with no streaks. It fades evenly as well. This is totally goof proof (provided that you exfoliate beforehand). This is my HG self tanner!

on 7/13/2009 12:43:00 PM

I'm really disapointed in this product. I guess I had my hopes up from reading all the reviews but it didn't live up to the hype IMO. To me, Loreal Sublime is just as good and a lot cheaper. I'm taking it back. ;-(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Product info: Smooth gel consistency, slight floral scent. Light golden colour. I think I paid around $45 at Myer, give or take.

Pros: Super easy to apply, and very natural looking. It has a nice golden colour. Does not streak or smell ridiculous the next day (just the normal post-fake tan smell), fades gradually.

Cons: The colour is too light for my liking (my natural skin colour is medium). This is the only reason I would not repurchase. I like it dark, but for those of you who prefer a light tan, this is perfect.

on 6/24/2009 2:21:00 AM

I love this self tanner! at first I didnt see a difference right away but then I got a little darker towards the end of the night..I think it really blends in well with the rest of your skin and where you stop it is not all orange like some self tanners do..but when you use this make sure you exfoliate, moisturize with a lotion that is NOT oil based (victoira secret and bath and body works) a good one would be is pacifica, and then wait for the lotion to settle in and then apply the sunless tanner...but yes I love this sunless tanner!!