Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

It just smells so offensive...I'm using it (at night only) and only because it cost so much and I hate to waste the money! Now my sheets and pj's have the has a real chemical smell. I can't believe how many reviewers gave 5 lippies! Doesn't anyone else think it stinks? The color it gives is okay, but many self tanners (that don't cost as much) do just as good a job.

on 6/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

I bought this based on the recommendations here and I'm not really convinced it is worth the money. The first time I applied it (with a glove) I didn't notice any color at all! I am super pale, so I figured SOMETHING would show up. I reapplied the next morning and now can tell I'm slightly more "golden". It's not orange, but not bronze either. It doesn't look bad, but I was expecting more for the money. It did apply very evenly without splotching, although I was being meticulous and exfoliated well. I'm glad I bought it because I am going on the lake this weekend and don't want to blind people with my paleness, but when this bottle runs out (which won't take long) I'm looking elsewhere for a sunless tan.

Beautiful self tanner.....really! Fabulous color after just one application...makes me feel like I've been to the beach for the day overnight! Love it and once again, would have never tried if it weren't for wonderful MUA reviewers....thank you!!!!!

on 5/19/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Excellent self-tanner, very beautiful tan - looks very natural - something between golden and bronze. Lasts longs. Just great!

on 5/15/2010 5:40:00 PM

I'm going to start by telling you that I had a terrible experience with a self tanner a very long time ago when I first tried an inexpensive one by Coppertone... does anyone remember that horrible product??? it was the dual pump, which had left me streaky and orange. I never touched a self-tanner again since. Lucky for us bronze lovers who are also concerned about skin damage, self tanners have come a long way!
Earlier in the year, I had a wedding to go to and it was still very cold so there was no chance I was going to get a miracle tan without stepping into a tanning salon, which I wasn't prepared to do! So I went to my beloved Clarins counter and asked a few questions, after reading read rave reviews about this particular self-tanner. I was still apprehensive about purchasing this product because of my past experience and also because of the price tag ($35 CAD). I caved and bought it because I really had no choice... I had about a week to go! I started by exfoliating as suggested and I applied that evening after the shower. As many reviewers stated, it does have a strange smell, but that doesn't last long. It doesn't take too long to absorb, although it does feel a little sticky at first. I didn't see too much of a difference the first night, but I was warned about that. I think you need to be patient when you start with this product! I put it on again the following evening and started to see the difference! I wasn't orange, I wasn't streaky, just lightly tanned and natural! By the third night I could defnitely see that you can easily achieve the color you want by layering this product, and it looks great! I haven't used it since, but I will start again as it's getting warm and I'm pretty pasty white, which isn't fun for anyone to see in the sun...I am very happy with this product and would definitely recommend to anyone! Will repurchase!

on 4/28/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

OK, this is the first and only self tanner iíve ever tried, so...
I have pasty white legs and no plans to sun bathe, but summerís coming, and i want to look less larval. I figured iíd test this before my legs might be visible when itís warmer. I exfoliated my legs in the shower before my first application, as recommended. I read how horrible self tanners smell, but this wasnít so terrible and the chemical scent went away fairly quickly. I applied it as suggested, with my hands, using circular motions, and i had no obvious streaking. It dried fairly quickly and didnít rub off on my clothes. It made my skin slightly less white. A week or so later, i applied a second coat without showering or exfoliating first. Still no streaking, and the skin on my legs is now a nice golden color. Not quite my natural tan color, but definitely not orange. Iím satisfied.

on 4/23/2010 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finished one tube. I am really not sure about this. Surely it is overrating.
Yes, it looked natural on my skin, but not very flattering.
I am NC25 and probably I needed more glow than flat finish.

In the past, I tried Estee Lauder gel, the finish was more gorgeous than Clarins.

I plan to buy other products such as Bliss tan and see how I like other products.

on 3/6/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite self tanner. Great tan color (no orange hue) with even results. While it still smells like self tanner, it's not nearly as bad as some other brands.

It's expensive, so I reserve this for my face or for special occasions (and I can't afford a mistake). For everyday body use, I use L'Oreal self tanning gel.

on 12/30/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you can handle the smell which reminds me of Avon's Skin So Soft, this product is great, but if like me, you find it offensive then you probably won't like this.

The color of the tan is awesome, more of a very slight and natural pink shade added to the tan instead of an orange tint that is produced from similar products. I found that the tan is a bit more gradual and you may need to use 2 applications to get the desired tan but that seemed to also make it appear more natural with a healthy glow.

It is quick drying, no sticky legs or arms and no worries of product wearing off on your clothes which was a huge plus. I also didn't notice the scaly dry skin that other self tanners can produce.

I really wish they would change the scent of this. It is an expensive product that smells cheap and overbearing :(. I simply could not get past the smell.

on 3/5/2010 3:40:00 PM

I have very fair skin and my legs NEVER tan. This product is a lifesaver for the days I wear skirts or shorts. The tan is great and not a gross orangey color nor does it leave streaks. The smell is pretty awful though and the packaging is not the greatest. I usually cut off the top part of the package to get the remaining's expensive so you better believe I'm going to get my money's worth!