Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

Being as ghostly white as I am, I've tried countless amounts of sunless tanning products. After reading some pretty good reviews and seeing the 4 star rating I decided to give it a go. Firstly, applying this stuff was not what I expected it to be. I thought a "glee" would glide on smooth and easy. I was wrong. This stuff is so hard to spread, especially when you're trying to get that perfect EVEN tan. I kept having to reapply. Annoying. I then felt pretty sticky which is normal for self tanning products. After finding a few that dont have the side effect though ,this real bothers me. The stickiness went away in about 2 hours. I also stunk. Bad. And was kind of disapointed in the morning with the color because it was so faint. I want to be A TAN GODDESSSS. I dont just want to glow. On to the next one!

This is my all time favorite self tanner! The colour looks amazing on my skin and I get plenty of compliments when wearing this self tanner

on 12/4/2012 6:15:00 AM

This is the first time I'm commenting on Makeupalley. And I just had to make a review on this product because it is a HUGE favorite of mine.

I think the divided opinions on this tanner might be because it has different results on different hair/skin types. I am a light skinned natural blonde, and for me this tanner is just PERFECT. I feel like a bombshell everytime I use it! It just gives me this perfect natural, golden brown color as if I've been to the beach every day for a week. I think the perfect color comes out when I've used the cream for 2-3 days in a rode, but that is just my personal taste.

I do agree that the smell is a bit strange, but its definitely not a bad smell. My boyfriend even says I smell wonderfully after I put this cream on! and I do think the smell is much less intense the morning after. I usually put it on in the evening and shower it off in the morning, that way any possible smell is gone when you're off for work or school.

There are so many things I like about this product - it's so difficult to get a bad result! I never get streaks or uneven color, or spots on my hands for example. Also, the cream leaves my skin really really smooth. I have acne prone skin, and I don't get breakouts from using this on my face.

I've even got compliments from people about my "lovely color" when I've been using it. No one believes me when I say I use a self tanner!

So - my conclusion is that if you're a blonde with light skin - you might want to try this out!! It works wonders for me!

on 7/25/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this product, it's sticky for a while. It goes on very thin, and it takes a long time to dry. It will stain your clothes quickly if you don't let the product dry for at least 1 hour before you get dressed.This product stays sticky to the touch for at least almost an hour.
I would recommend the Sally Hanson Airbruah Spray on Tan Makeup in Light to Medium.. You can see where this product goes and it last 1 week to 10 days before having to reapply.

on 7/3/2012 11:22:00 AM

I expected more fom Clarins. I used to use one of their self tanners years ago and it worked fine. This barely shows on my skin and can be a bit greasy. I think I'll stick with L'oreal Sublime. It's much cheaper and gives me a nice natural tan.

The first time I tried it I hated it, but I decided to go ahead and finish the bottle since it was $35+tax CAD. It was summer while I had a natural tan and I found the tanner enhanced it, so I changed my mind.

It gives a subtle glow, and if you re-apply it again the next day it helps. The gel is white/clear might scare you but its ok, no streaking which is nice. The smell I could do without and it does seem to take a long time to dry, but I did re-purchase it. It does look very natural and very pretty. There is also another formulation called "MILK" which more like a thick white cream and this is great as well, I use the cream for my face and the gel for my body!

on 5/14/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Beautiful effect. Not exactly instant, but pretty quick. Natural looking, not orange. Smells like dried fruit,,,but not overpowering. Generous amount in tube. Will definitely buy again!

on 5/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This self-tanner works very gradually on my skin, I am NW15 and even if I applied it every day the difference wasn't very big, maybe my skin went up to NW20. What I really liked was that it faded in a pretty natural way, I didn't have orange scales all over my skin a week after using it, I just became paler and paler with every day. It did leave me a bit streaky which was quite surprising to me because the product isn't that ''pigmented''. I really disliked the scent, it's not as bad as the Clarins self-tanner with mirabelle oil but it's still very unpleasant, I much prefer the standard self-tanning scent (that most people seem to hate).
Overall I though it was an OK product but the Victoria's secret tinted self-tanner is still by far the best one I have ever used (not to mention much cheaper). Even if I couldn't buy that one the Garnier Ambre solair dry body mist and the Collistar (italian brand) self-tanners are also better and cheaper than this product.

on 10/26/2011 4:34:00 PM

Struggled to tolerate the (overpowering) smell with this product. In the end, the smell was a deal-breaker, even though the tanning result was welcomed (light, natural). Pity, really.

on 4/22/2012 2:23:00 PM

I used to like this product as I though it provided me with a subtle and beautiful tan, but that was on the mirror. Until I saw myself in pictures and discovered that I was looking like an alligator...completely green!!. What a shame.