CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.8

on 8/29/2007 6:49:00 PM

Nice stuff. The only other self-tanners I've tried have been the gradual, lotion-based ones like Jurgens. This is MUCH better. The effect is very subtle, though. It DOES leave your skin so soft!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this self tanner. I have tried many self tanners that range from way more expensive to much less expensive than this one and this is by far my favorite. Yes, you do have to do a couple applications for a darker color, but it allows you to build color so you don't get super tan all at once. I love the smell. My husband even commented on how good I smelled and he had no idea I had just slathered self tanner all over me.

p.s. I should note that I bought this tanner as part of the "self tan starter kit" from clarins sold through sephora. If I had to do it over again, I would purchase only the self tanner and not spend the extra $15 or so for the "kit."

on 7/23/2007 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Doesnt clog pores, doesnt smell as strong as other self-tanners...Liked the color, did not turn orange...The best one so far!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color this gives, but i need 2 applications to get a bronze color. I dont like the smell so much though. Its a little floral for my taste. Great moisturizing gel consistency. I always try others but come back to this

on 7/9/2007 2:32:00 PM

Like a lot of people on here when I first applied this it showed almost no color the next morning. However after and 2nd and 3rd application I had an extremely natural medium tan. The smell is tolerable and it dries very quickly, the only thing that gets me is the price and how little product you get for your money. Other than that this is a great and natural self tanner!

on 7/5/2007 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this self-tanner. The color is believeable, and is easily darkened by each application. I have had only one issue with streaking, but that is because I didn't exfoliate before I put it on. Yes, the price is pretty steep, but a little goes a long way and I think that it's worth it for the "tan" that you get. The smell was strange at first, but after awhile I don't even notice it. I will repurchase when I run out.

on 6/28/2007 6:48:00 PM

This is the best self tanner for me, I have tried Jergen and it sometimes rubs off on my clothes. I also have tried fusion beauty, Roc, Reversa(pretty good but its been discontinued :( ) I like to use Fusion on my face but not on my body, it dries too fast and gave me blotchy patches and its very expensive, $70 cdn for 148ml, So far I still think Clarins is the best, I always get compliment and people are often shocked about my fake tan :P

This is the only apply n' go self-tanner product I have found so far. Others say they are, but this one really is for me. I pretty much put this on like body lotion after a shower or before I go to bed and it never feels greasy or tacky under clothes or bedcovers. The scent is light and agreeable (I hardly notice a scent after a few moments so it must be agreeable). I do find that the tan it provides is quite gradual, but this can be seen as a plus as it does not require a guide. Since the color develops so gradually, it's practically idiot-proof and I have plenty of time to make sure I even out any darker spots with subsequent coats. Although I don't use it constantly, I will apply several days in a row to get the shade I want. I find that my skin does not dry out with this product as with some others after several applications. The resulting color is a soft-gold very believable finish.

on 6/27/2007 2:15:00 PM

This is the best self tanner that I have ever used. The color is beautiful, a rich golden brown - not a hint of orange. The consistency of this is like a really smooth serum - it makes it very easy to spread this on evenly and makes the skin feel softer. It doesn't leave any of that gross self-tanner smell on your skin, either. The only issue I have with this is the price - I save it for occasions since it is so expensive.

on 6/24/2007 10:30:00 AM

I recently purchased this before going on vacation and was very disappointed in how long it took the color to develop. I'm quite fair, but needed to reapply several times to get ANY color. I actually had to go pick up a bottle of L'oreal to give me quicker color. This product is way too expensive considering how much you need and how many applications are necessary to get a decent color. The smell is not bad at all, no streaking and it dries fairly quickly, but way too pricey IMO. May be ok for extremely fair people who don't need much color.