Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

on 6/5/2005 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very pleased with this product. It goes on easily, dries quickly, and smells nice. The color was subtle enough for my fair skin and not streaky. Would definitely buy again. It is pricey, but it is a good product. I used some priced even higher that were not as good.

on 4/11/2005 1:35:00 AM

I didn't like this self-tanner at all. It smells awful, it takes ages to dry and leaves a greasy feeling on your skin for hours. The colour is ok. I put it on before going to bed and it stained my clothing.

on 6/7/2004 2:42:00 PM

Ok, I've tried lots of self tanners. This is definitely the best. Bar none. It goes on smoothly, is a nice light mositurizer, and even smells nice. It leaves my skin very soft. The color is perfect, and can be made as dark as you like by reapplying. It looks very natural, tan nor orange, and doesn't streak one bit. It's as close to foolproof as is possible; the clear gel is easy to apply and goes on very smoothly. It feel so lovely when I wear it and would recommend it to anyone!

on 5/16/2004 12:08:00 PM

This is an awesome self tanner. I am a PPP very pale. I have never gotten tan in my life. I only burn so I pretty much avoid the sun and look like a ghost all summer long.

I tried this for the first time...exfoliating first then applying lotion to knees, ankles, elbows, and face... and then applied the self tanner. It turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I somehow missed a spot on my arm (I was trying to keep my kids out of trouble and trying to get my hubby some lunch though hehe)so I applied more to the spot and it turned darker than the rest of my arm!!! so I got some lemon juice and a rag and it lightened it to the PERFECT color and my whole arm matched. LEMON juice is the key for any self tanner ladies! (thanks instyle magazine for the heads up on lemon juice!!!!!!) Make sure you have some to fix any area u mess up.

My mom didn't believe me at all that this was a FAKE BOTTLE tan! It is totally brown not orange at all. I have pink undertones.

I will definitely purchase this again and again and again and again!!!! Well worth the money for me to look beautifully bronzed!!!! So far it has been on for 4 days now and is just starting to lighten up. I am going to redo it today but could easily get away with another day or two. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention I used disposable latex gloves to apply and then took them off when I was done and did my hands (which I also put tons of lotion on. It is easiest to do hands and feet if you put them on a damp towel then you dont get any on the bottoms. :)

on 5/2/2004 5:43:00 PM

Love it! Used this (in the version especially for legs) after shaving with a whole lotta moisturizer and ended up with gorgeous, sunkissed gams -- the perfect accessory to my new miniskirt. Best of all, it smells great and left my legs silky smooth, slightly shimmery and gleaming, which combined to fake great muscle tone. What more could you want out of a beauty product? A+!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my 5th or 6th bottle of this. Holy grail! It's certainly foolproof and looks very natural on me. I tan easily in summer but in Chicago fall/winter/early spring I'm usually a ghost. This sunless tanner really gives me a natural glowing tan that works for me in the no tanning months. I've never streaked with it and I use it constantly on my face. The only places to worry about are finger beds, elbows, knees, and ankles. After applying I wash my palms/fingers well, dab my elbows, knees, ankles, face, and underside of arms VERY LIGHTLY (hardly touching!) to make sure the tan appears natural. I do this all at night so when I go to bed and wake up I'm nice and 'toasted' tan.

One thing I noticed was sometimes there is a 'bad bottle' mixed in... I've usually bought from Nordstroms but my 3rd bottle I bought from Marshall Feilds and this bottle turned me orange and streaked. I returned it and bought a different from Nordstroms and it worked fine. I'm guessing it was an expired bottle that Marshall Feilds didn't want to take down...

on 3/11/2004 1:43:00 PM

I have to confess that I don't understand all of the ballyhoo surrounding Clarins self-tanning products. I used Clarins Auto Bronzant Express religiously for three years, and though I loved the herbal smell, light feel and quick drying time, I never attained that bronzed, sun-kissed look I was aiming for – no matter how many times I re-applied it. I assumed it was because my skin naturally is the color of toothpaste and that I'd never have any luck with sunless tanning products. But after running out of my Clarins one day, I turned to (gasp!) CVS in desperation, where I found Neutrogena self-tanning gel with bronzer in “medium.” I’ve never turned back. It makes me look tanned, gorgeous and at least five pounds thinner. Admittedly, I have to apply it very carefully, as it has a tendency to streak, and it can give the skin a gross Tang-like color when overused. But it actually works, it has a non-offensive odor, and for $10 a bottle I can afford to buy sexy summer clothes to show off my tan! No more self-tanning snobbery!

on 2/22/2004 2:21:00 PM

This is a very good product IF you are looking for only a slight tan. I am a PPP and it makes me look normal lol. I have VERY pale skin and it makes me just look sunkissed. It goes on even no streaking (I exfoliated first)and lasts for about 5 days. I would reapply at day 4 if you wanted to keep the tan. I will repurchase when I run out especially for summer.

on 1/3/2004 9:21:00 PM

I finally purchased this product after reading the reviews. I am very fair and after one application was left with great golden brown colour. However, this product is foolproof for the face, neck, and decollatage area. For the body, you have to be a bit more careful, as I had minor streaks on my arms. The smell? Not too pleasant, but better than most.

on 12/8/2003 11:13:00 PM

I bought this because I hate the smell of most self tanners. This one however doesn't seem to smell gross, so I like it. It isn't orangey, but it also isn't a dark tan (even if I reapply, it doesn't get darker really). I haven't found my HG product yet, but for now, I will keep repurchasing this.