CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.8

This product might be good for very fair people, but it does nothing for me. My skin is NC 25/30 in Mac and I put this on at night and the next morning there is a HINT of color on me - I applied again the next night to get darker and I detected a tinge of orange. The smell is really strong - worse I think than Jergen’s tanner. Both get me the same shade after one night so you might as well just use Jergen’s because it’s $20 cheaper than the Clarins. I will use the rest of this tanner for my face only - that’s the only good thing about it is that it gives my face a hint of a tan and doesn’t break me out. My favorite self-tanners are Jergen’s wet skin lotion in medium to dark (no tanner smell and is pretty strong for a gradual tanner), L’Oreal Sublime Bronze in Deep, and Tanwise one hour tan lotion. I have no positive recommendations for high end ones because every single one I’ve tried from Tarte to FakeBake have made me itch severely.

on 4/1/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the color results! Nice subtle color that didn't look fake and lasted about 3 days. I applied with my hands and afterwards washed my hands with regular hand soap and didn't notice any staining. I also didn't notice any color transfer to my sheets or clothing. It did seem to take a long time to soak in, like 20 - 30 mins, before my skin didn't feel tacky. It's expensive for a self-tan product, but if you buy Clarins products then it's about what you'd expect to pay. The only thing I really couldn't tolerate was the smell; it's very strong at first and to me is a combination of strong perfume and tanning chemical. I have found other products I like just as much, with a more pleasant smell and much lower cost.

on 4/24/2017 3:38:00 AM

I'm very pale and i really like the colour of this.

Spread evenly and not streaky. I can apply it with my hands and it washes off them completely so no need to use a mitt. I cover hands in moisturiser then wash them after and use a makeup brush to spread a little more around my wrists and hands and get a good result.

It takes a while to dry, about an hour. It's clear and easy to spread. You do feel like it doesn't dry completely but doesn't bother me. It doesn't transfer into anything at all, bed sheets and pyjamas stain free.

Good colour lasts about 3 days and then fades but it's still there 7 days after. You do need to top up mid week.

Overall it's reliable and a great tanner. Looks natural on the face as well. I don't find i need much so i don't mind the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a sticky smelly product. I can't even comment it's performance because I couldn't bear the smell and the fact that it wasn't drying. Washed it off, returned the tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for a couple weeks and it gives a nice color, but I just cannot stand the stickiness. This never dries on me. I feel like I'm covered in maple syrup all night. It has a nice light smell and the color is nice, but it does not dry. That is a deal breaker for me. I will use up the tube because it is a little pricey, but I will not repurchase.

on 2/8/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Tried this gel for the first time this morning. Applied after my shower/exfoliation - I used a mitt. It went on smooth and it felt a bit sticky for a while. I stayed undressed for about 20 minutes to avoid blotchiness. By about an hour it felt like I had nothing on my skin, which was good. I haven't applied any to my face as I prefer to just use foundation to match my neck (I have had breakouts from tanners in the past when I applied them to my face), so I can't give a judgement on that aspect.

Pros
- Colour - very nice natural tone. I am white as snow normally and this has given me a great subtle healthy colour.
- Smell - There is a fake tanner smell with this product but I found it fades fast and it didn't bother me at all during my day.
- Coverage - So far hasn't streaked which is fantastic. It's fairly even all over and I'm impressed with how it looks on my neck, as the colour hasn't gotten into my lines.

Cons
- Price - for $50 it's hard to justify purchasing. I will buy it again but it's very expensive!

It's taken about 6 hours for the colour to develop and I'm really liking it. I think I will continue to build until I reach a colour level I'm happy with, so probably about two more applications worth.

on 8/3/2015 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this awhile back and really have mixed feelings about it. The color was nice, that I really liked. But the smell and application process is REALLY bad. As others have commented, it's very sticky and "wet" feeling. It honestly feels like it never dries! The smell isn't very good either. Way too chemically. Just an average self tanner in my IMHO.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I said yes to repurchasing this product but with hesitation (I wish there were an option for that) because of the price tag in comparison to the amount of product.
Clarins is known for their self tanners and this one lives up to the hype.
If you can get past that horrible self tanner smell and the stickiness, this product gives a nice subtle tan that doesn't look orange.
The smell does dissipate and the stickiness does too. I apply it mainly on my legs about half an hour before bed and I haven't woken up to blotchy sheets.
I'm hoping to find a less expensive alternative but if I don't, I'll repurchase this or try the Clarins delicious self tanning cream.

on 5/11/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A bit greasy and sticky, smells strong and leaves skin orange ! Not a good product

on 5/11/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros: on me, this gave fast results (started developing color in a couple of hours), the color looked great on me, not orangebut a nice honey bronze color, and the smell was pleasant.

Cons: STICKY!!!! Feels sticky going on, stays sticky until you can get showered. In order to use up the tube I had (I certainly wasn't going to trash it due to the $$$) I would slather it on before I took the dog for a long walk. By the time I got back home, then got showered I had some color and could get the sticky washed off.

I've found that Clinique's self tanning gel is more effective, better price and not sticky.