Bumble and bumble Surf Spray

Bumble and bumble Surf Spray

3.4

Water, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denat., Vp/Va Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Sea Salt\Maris Sal\Sel Marin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Sorbitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydrated Silica, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/23/2011 6:23:00 PM

This is a great product. It doesn't make my hair greasy yet gives me this great texture, the texture you would get when your hair is damp and wind blown (like on the beach of course)!

I was hesitant to try this because there are a lot of overly hyped up products on the market but I was definitely pleasantly surprized. It's not a miracle product but it gives a subtle look that doesn't make your hair heavy, greasy, hard, etc... It gives a very natural look.

on 8/21/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

B&b's Surf Spray does exactly what it says it does. It gives me wonderful beachy waves. I already have wavy hair that borders on curly...it will go into ringlets, kinks, and spirals if I wear it up after a shower, so getting my hair to keep the beachy look isn't too hard. The salt gives added volume and texture.
The two reasons I won't be repurchasing it: the price is ridiculous (to me, anyway), and the smell. It's just...nauseating/headache-inducing.

on 8/17/2011 12:12:00 PM

My big mission in life is to find the perfect wave enhancing spray. My favorite for many years was Sunsilk's Waves of Envy, which is no longer on the market. I tried many other mousses and sprays, but they all seemed to have the same effect: they weighed my hair down on top and only provided waves at the very bottom- and not pretty waves either. Usually sticky and frizzy. So I had been hearing good things about B&B's Surf Spray and decided to give it a try. Yes, I was pretty annoyed at the expensive price for the little amount of product you get, but for me it is absolutely worth it. This spray gives me volume all over with loose, flowing, carefree beachy waves, which is exactly what I wanted. I spray it on my towel dried hair and let it air dry. As of now this is my HG texturizing spray and even though it's pricey I will continue to buy.

on 8/1/2011 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not really sure what I think of this. I wanted to love this because of all the raves I've read and thought it was so expensive but since I've wanted to try this for several years, I took a shot. Well, I shouldn't have. I sprayed the product evenly all over my roots and a bit to the lenghts and let my hair airdry. Volume? Not really. A beachy look? Erm.. No? This totally left me with a huge question-mark. I can't really tell if it does anything. I got a bit more volume when I re-applied it to my dry roots but still.. Maybe it just takes time to learn how to use it? I definitely hope so.

I absolutely love this spray! It gives me beachy waves, volume, and no frizz! I prefer to use it on dry hair because I feel like I get better results that way. I guess the only downside is the price for the amount of product you get, but since I love it so much, I don't mind paying for it!

This is another one of those great Bumble & Bumble products that sort of has an amorphous purpose--and the results highly depend on your hair type. I will tell you about my experience to help people with similar hairtypes:

I have mid-back length, layered straight Asian hair. I rarely use products in it because I find most product weigh down my hair and make it look oily without giving body, texture or shape to my hair. My biggest issues are volume and even more important texture. I have the type of hair that won't hold curl with a curling iron and won't stay in a bun without a bajillion bobby pins because it slips right out. Surf Spray changes this for me. It gives my hair a more casual, tousled look when I wear my hair down while giving my hair grip when I wear it up. I actually like it just as much as a product to use in my hair when I'm putting it up as I do down! It gives a nice, matte finish to the hair as well, so I have no issues with my hair looking greasy, which was always very obvious with my black hair.

To use, I spray in my hair after I air-dry it. I do maybe 6-8 spray in my hair, on all parts--roots, shaft and ends. I work it through and then kind of scrunch a bit at the roots to get more lift.

Overall, fantastic product. A little expensive, yes, but I don't find I have to use a ton (although I will admit, it is small) but worth it for the benefits. I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 7/3/2011 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

My biggest problem with this product is the price. Normally I am not the type to shell out a lot of money for hair products, but this time I made an exception. While I think this is too expensive for even a regularly sized hair product, the tiny size makes me cringe. It also has no lid so travelling can be risky if you lose the tiny black clip that it comes with. Overall, I don't think this is as amazing as the hype. Save your money IMO.

on 5/25/2011 4:15:00 AM

I really like this product, contrary to other reviews. I have thick, straight hair and bought B&B Surf Spray mainly to get that beachy texture and some added volume -- not for curls or waves. So for my purposes, it's wonderful! I get that "let my hair dry after swimming in the ocean" sort of look and I love it. However, at $20+ a pop, it's a little steep for my taste especially since I feel like I have to use quite a few sprays to penetrate my hair's thickness. Overall, a good buy though! I keep it in my purse :)

on 5/7/2011 10:02:00 AM

Generally speaking, I love the B&B line...and, admittedly, I have previously liked the Surf Spray. It's texturizing and, when styled properly, can create gentle waves. However, I find that it's too much work to get the texturized waves that I want...perhaps my hair is too straight and fine, and there's too much of it. It's good but not great, in my opinion. With the right effort, it could be wonderful, but I'm too low-maintenance to go the length I find has been required to get the "beachy" look. For the price, I wouldn't repurchase this product.

on 5/6/2011 1:10:00 PM

The spray does give some very subtle waves in your hair but generally, on my hair, it just gave a sort of frizzy, messy effect. On the other hand, the spray works significantly better on hair that isn't naturally dead straight; the waves are more obvious. When using it, the spray works best on wet but not soaking hair. However, what I disliked the most about this product was the very matte finish it gave to your hair which gave the appearance of unwashed and lifeless hair.

Popular Styling Products