Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

on 2/22/2012 1:03:00 AM

I got these in a swap but they were colored eyeliners so I was actually kind of thrilled to use them. However, I'm not quite sure if the eyeliners I was swapped were old or what their storage conditioners were prior to me receiving them, but on application they were a little powdery and appeared to apply unevenly. I sharpened them to see if it was just the surface of the pencil that was possibly just dried, but it continued to apply unusually powdery and dithered compared to other pencil eyeliners I've tried.

I was swapped another eyeliner from Avon under their Smooth Mineral line and this one was indeed much smoother on application than both of the Ultra Luxury Eyeliners that I tried. I may end up just throwing them out, which is a pity since I do like colored eyeliners and heard lots of good things about Avon.

on 2/12/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I HATE this product, and I don't understand all the positive reviews, maybe it's just my personal experiences but there is so much about this eyeliner I do not like. I first started using this when I was 13, so not knowing about makeup so much I used this for a greater time due to the fact it was cheap and avon was about all my mom bought in terms of makeup. Once I started using better quality eyeliners I noticed how HORRIBLE this actually was. After about 30 minutes to an hour I would have to wipe under my eyes in order to get fallout eyeliner out. Literally, the product would fall out of my waterline and lash line and onto my under eyes and everytime i would wipe there I would find loads of product and would fall into the little wrinkles I had there. Second, I would have to sharpen this so many times and it would smudge on my upper eyelid horribly ruining the shadow I had under. Third, it was too soft that many times the tip would break no matter how gentle I pressed. Overall I WILL NEVER buy this product again, I am not going to have to run to the washroom every 5 minutes in order to wipe away fallout eyeliner, after using any other cheap drugstore brand, they are 1000 times better than this ever will be

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a product I've used in almost all of my tutorials. I've used at least 6 of them all the way through. I keep one in my purse, in the car, and one with my every time I do my makeup. Yet I haave a really hard time trying to review it. I've tried twice and failed. I think its because of how basic of a product it is, I feel like I'm stating the obvious. But I will try for a third and hopefully final time.
Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a basic eyeliner pencil. They retail for $6 but are usually available with some sort of deal, by one get one, 2 for $4, .99 with a purchase of another item, etc. I'm not sure how much I paid for mine.
Packaging is a standard wood pencil with black coating and a plastic black cap. The cap is doesn't slit like some eyeliner caps do. I rarely have trouble with the wood splintering, unless the blades on my sharpener are dull.
The liner its self is a really good texture, soft and smooth without being gel-like or overly creamy. I'd describe it as feeling velvety.
It applies wonderfully to the waterline and lower lash line, but takes a little more work to apply to the upper lash line. It doesn't tug or pull, but might need two or three strokes to get a full, opaque line without skipping. I hardly ever apply pencil liner up there, so its not a problem I encounter with this pencil anyway.
Wear time on the lids is 8+ hours with minimal fading and smudging. On the waterline I get 2-4 hours of wear before needing to reapply. I counteract the short wear time by setting it with a matte black eyeshadow, after which I get about 6 hours of wear.
Pigmentation is good. It's very dark, but not the darkest black eyeliner I've used. NYX's Black Bean Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is darker. Swatches can be seen here.
I highly recommend this eyeliner, especially if you can get it at sale price. This is excellent for lining the waterline and tighlining. This has been my go-to black eyeliner for years and will continue to be for quite a while.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I usually hate black eye liners because they make me look like I got punched in the face, but this eyeliner changed that. It's a very dark black and goes on smoothly and easily. It has staying power and didn't smudge. The only thing I don't like about this is sometimes it irritates my eyes when I use it on my waterline. So I usually use this on top and my CG eyeliner on the bottom.

on 7/21/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

These are the best pencils you can buy anywhere, better than all the big brands (I personally find Estee lauder and Mac pencils far lower quality than Avon Ultra Luxury pencils), these never drag, are well pigmented (Black: a true black, Dark Brown: and a beautiful dark-grey brown, Midnight blue: a most gorgeous smoky almost indigo-tinged navy black, and Charcoal: a smooth gunmetal grey - the only one I havent tried is the bronze). Fantastic price $3 NZ when on sale and always sharpen beautifully without any splinters or wasted product. Definitely a must buy.

Smooth and one of the only eyeliners I can use on my water line.

on 3/8/2011 10:39:00 PM

I've been using Avon's Ultra Luxury Eye Liners for years now and I love them. I find the wear is durable and the color stays right where you put it, I never end up with smudges underneath my eyes even after a long day. These apply easily without tugging at your eyelids and blend easily as well. Plus you just can't beat the price, I usually pay just $2 or $3 for these because they're usually on sale.

This is really the only pencil eyeliner I like to use, it goes on smooth and the color really emphasizes my brown eyes. I love using neutral colors for my eye makeup and this is the product that does that just right. I love the dark brown and plum shades.
The only thing I can't stand about these is that they really don't last very long, I have pretty combination/oily skin, so my eyelids are pretty screwed up by the end of the day and you can barely tell I even have any eyeliner on. Even when I use my eyelid primer, it's still a fade by 5 o'clock.
But I always buy a few everytime I order, especially when they're on sale, they last a pretty long time. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very impressed with this product.

For my birthday my sister & a friend ordered me some stuff form Avon. Included was the "Eye Want It" set for brown eyes, which included the Purple Haze Quad, Black Ultra Luxury Eye Liner, Black Super Shock Mascara & the Round Crease Brush - it is rare that I get sets like this and lover every bit of it, but that's the story here.

I typically like the auto-sharpening/retractable type pencils because I am so lazy or in a hurry the messing with sharpening pencils is pretty unappealing to me. I really like Revlon Color stay and the Avon Waterproof glimmersticks, and so I really didn't think much of this pencil, but I followed the directions that dame with the kit to the T to see how it would turn out (because the ad/instruction picture were just stunning) and I was pleasantly surprise.

These are so creamy and glide on effortlessly. Yes, they are a little smudgy, but that is just the nature of kohl pencils - I, for one, like a soft, smudged look and these are perfect. It does not tug, or pull on the skin, and I don't need to pull my eyelid taught to apply it, either. It is a lot like the Rimmel Kohl pencil, but I actually like this one better. The color is nice a dark and pigmented as well, without being to harsh. It is really perfect for a smudgy look.

As others have said, they are not the longest lasting on the waterline, but honestly, nothing ever is for me. I usually only ear liner on my top line anyways, so it doesn't deter me at all. I don't have any issues with is smearing, smudging or giving me raccoon eyes through out the day. If it do wear it on the lower lash line, I just like to set it with a powder so that is doesn't smear (I've been using L'oreal's Lush Raven for this), and pop this little pencil in my bag to touch up mid day, but usually I never do touch up because when it fades, it doesn't look bad. I do actually prefer this method for putting liner on my lash line because some pencil, especially the waterproof ones, either don't transfer onto my water line at all, or they bother my sensitive eyes and cause them to water. This pencil glides onto the water liner effortlessly with full pigmentation and not pushing/irritating my eyes. I can achieve both a smoky or a precise line on my lower lash line depending on how I apply it.

I love to just work it between my lashes quickly, then put on eyeshadow and mascara and I get a soft, defined eye. It makes my lashes look thick, rather then a heavy eyeliner look which is perfect for everyday wear for me.

I liked it so much I new I needed more, and I was quite pleased with the price as well! Regular retail is $6, but they often are on sale for $1.99 - which is a total steal! I am for sure going to try the other colors. I highly recommend them, and I will be stocking up soon!

on 11/17/2010 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A long time ago (like 15 years) I used to sell Avon and used these pencils and loved them, but didn't think they lasted on my eyes long enough. I decided to try them again after doing a lot of internet researching about pencil and kohl eyeliners. Well, this eyeliner goes on very smoothly and has rich color. BUT it doesn't last if you want a very defined line; if you do, you probably need a liquid or mechanical-type liner. However, I decided to try using it and smudging it for a softer look. It worked very well and lasted for about seven hours before I noticed it fading, then I just reapplied it and smudged again (only because I'm going out tonight) for a deeper look.
I used the midnight blue; it's beautiful for my fair skin, blue eyes, dk blonde hair. I think I'll try the charcoal and dk brown, too. And for $1.99 on sale, it's a steal!