Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner
Smooth As Silk ConditionerEnter Title

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

on 10/9/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I used this as both a rinse out and a leave-in conditioner since it contains no cones or sulfates or anything and for me it worked best as a leave-in. I loved how it made my hair feel when I let it sit for a while then blow dried my hair out with it. This plus low heat and a tiny touch of coconut oil and you've got silk growing out of your scalp madam! The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because the moisturizing effect of this only lasts about 4 or 5 hours for me. Before the next morning my hair felt dry again. So unless I wash and condition my hair twice a day with this stuff, it's pretty much useless.

I love this conditioner!! I've only used it once but it immediately made my hair soft and extremely shiny! I'm very strict about only using natural, cruelty free products and I must admit sometimes they just don't work but this stuff is amazing, I can't wait to try other products from Giovanni

I don't understand why this conditioner didn't moisturize other reviewers' hair. I think it did an amazing job at moisturizing and detangling. My hair is usually pretty tangly. I am not usually able to run my fingers straight through it without yanking some of my hair out. However, after using this conditioner, my hair was extremely silky and I couldn't stop running my fingers through it at all! It also seemed a lot shinier and almost all of my frizz was eliminated! It didn't make my hair oily at all either, but it did weight it down. I have very fine hair and so I'm going to say this conditioner is not good for my hair type, which is why I probably won't buy it again. For now, I think I'll just condition with it periodically when I really need some moisture. If you don't have extremely fine hair, definitely give this product a try. It's so lovely and not very expensive at all. My theory is that the people who didn't like this conditioner were used to having -cones in their hair. The conditioner is -cone free, a big part of why I bought it, and may not look like it is working on people who usually coat their hair with -cones.

I have dry, coarse, wavy hair and did it a favor by cutting all sulfates and silicones out of my life recently. I was very surprised to find a large pump-top bottle of this on sale at TJMAXX after reading the all natural ingredients!

This stuff is awesome; my hair needs all the moisture it can get. I usually co-wash with a light conditioner and use this as a regular conditioner. After i get out of the shower and my hair is still damp I work a pump or two more into my hair. My hair ALWAYS looks its best after this, very silky and voluminous. Even my roommate noticed a difference. Also the bottle I have is a "deeper conditioner" if it matters, I think there were other kinds of smooth as silk.

This conditioner is FABULOUS on my dry hair. I use the matching shampoo and then when I need a clarifying shampoo I sometimes use the 50:50 Balanced. I absolutely love Giovanni!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Hair Type: Curly (Think Christina Milian Type Curls), Now Relaxed
Goal: A Conditioner that made me hair feel like silk
Results: OOOOHHH MMYYYY FREAAAKIINNG GGODDD! I'm in LOVE!

Summary: I'm going to review this as a Leave In Conditioner, not as a Wash Out/Detangling Conditoner, mostly because if I did that, in that aspect this conditioner would only get a 3, since for my hair, it doesn't have much slip.
I have naturally curly hair that I now relax because I wanted my blow-dried straight hair to last longer (it does) with out frizzing up and getting curly within a day or two.
One problem Ive always had is dry ends and edges, since the dawn of time. This dryness is not a result of heat, chemical treatments, silicone etc NO this is just how my hair is. When I wear my hair straight I have to constantly slather jojoba oil on my ends and edges to try to seal in any moisture to keep it from drying up, but sure enough, within a few days, my ends and edges look like the Sahara desert. I started using ION Reconstructor (love) and that has made a significant improvement but I was still searching for a product that I could put on my hair while it was straight that would leave it soft and bouncy... in comes Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner! I love love love this stuff as a leave in on my blow-dried hair. Actually, as a leave in period. It makes my dry ends feel like smooth silky butter. I cant stop touching my hair, I play with it, I sniff it, I want to eat it.. okay, that's an exaggeration. Because my hair is relaxed I can put this water based conditioner (hence why I relaxed it) in my hair without it reverting to curls and it breathes back life into my hair, what was once drying out, is now deliciously soft. This is my new 'sealant' (a sealant is a product, usually oil based that helps lock in moisture so that your hair stays moisturized) I never thought Id return to conditioners as leave ins because I was convinced nothing was going to do a better job then just pure oil. I also didn't want to use conditioners because I couldn't find any that I felt comfortable leaving in my hair with out all those harmful ingredients- but this is it! I still use jojoba oil in my hair of course, for daily use, but when my hair needs a heavy duty sealant and pick me up, Giovanni is who I turn to. This also makes a great DC as well. Smells great. The bottle looks chic and professional. I buy the 1 L bottle which comes with a pump, I love conditioners that come with a pump so the packaging gets an A+ in my book. Did I say I love this conditioner?

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

One of my staple products. It's super moisturizing on my super tight curls. I usually apply on dry hair and sit under heat cap and reapply every 15 minutes until my hair can no longer absorb it. It's great!

on 5/20/2011 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

The difference using this conditioner is like night and day. I had been thinking of cutting a good portion of my color-damaged hair off, as I was simply tired of it getting so tangled and feeling extremely brittle. After using this conditioner (thanks to MUA review boards), I think I will only need to trim my hair a little. It certainly has made my hair more touchably soft. Also, I never blowdry my hair (I usually let it dry naturally) and I do have to mention that my hair even dries in a much more "just blow-dryed" way. The layers that frame my face now have a slight natural "curl" to them, as if I took a huge barrel brush and styled it while blow-drying. It's awesome.

I've only been using this for a week, but as of right now I don't see any reason why I wouldn't purchase this again. Highly recommend.

on 3/31/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

People with natural AA hair this is a must to try. Saw a lot of natural hair bloggers loving this stuff. I tried the small bottles of the shampoo and leave-in conditioner first, nothing too special about them. Read another blogger with similar hair type to mine loving the smooth as silk. I can now detangle my hair in 30 minutes with less breakage. Where was this stuff growing up!? My SUPER thick fro is moist and tamed. Seals in the moisture. I wrap my ponytail in a bun everyday and usually by the end of the day my ponytail is dry and stiff, not anymore. I would give it 5 lipsticks but I have to try it a bit longer and I haven't tried pressing my hair yet.

on 3/6/2011 2:11:00 AM

I've returned this. I had to double check to make sure I didn't buy the shampoo because it lathers like one. Left my hair very tangled and frizzy.