Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner
Smooth As Silk ConditionerEnter Title

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This stuff should have stars it is great! It detangles ANY hair. It has great moisture too. I have 3b/3c curls!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

just used it for the first time and I have to say, I am IN LOVE <3 the smell is very nice and calming but the slip?? the slip is the best I've ever felt in a non silicone conditioner. my hair felt amazing even after rinsing it out. I did pre-poo and this was my co wash but wow! I also used it as my leave in and sealed with an evoo/jbco mix. my 4a curls feel like cotton. I already struggle with HIH syndrome.. I don't think this is going to help any! will most certainly be repurchasing again very soon just to keep a stock in the house

on 6/1/2014 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this conditioner and its shampoo for about 1-2 months. Reason for buying this product was because it is SLS-free. There wasn't much scent and it wasn't foamy. When I first used it, it helped to smoothen my hair and I can feel the difference. However, after a few more weeks of use, my hair became drier and frizzy. Also, my hair didn't feel clean and fresh after using the shampoo.. I guess the shampoo and conditioner weren't exactly bad but it didn't do much for my hair too.

on 4/10/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Absolutely amazing! I love it for deep conditioning. I apply this conditioner in sections on freshly washed hair and leave it in overnight. By morning and after rinsing it out, my hair is super soft and easier to detangle. I love the consistency; it's not too thick or thin and the citrus scent is very invigorating. Love it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Just amazing! My hair is really dry and while it doesn't perform miracles on split ends, it is excellent for detangling long hair and made my hair the shiniest it's ever been, without leaving any residue. LOVE.

One of my favorite conditioners. I have medium, wavy hair that is normal (not dry or oily). This is the perfect conditioner and has a great scent. I mix it with the Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner and both to them together make my hair super silky without being weighed down.

I love it!

on 10/7/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love it! Use this with the Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and the keratin serum and, with just a little flat ironing, it makes it look and feel like I just got another keratin treatment. I'm not kidding! This stuff is the bomb!!!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently decided to start using organic shampoo and conditioner on my hair and I've been searching online for affordable organic hair care. My hair is pretty thick and a little dry and damaged. I really just want to fix my hair and get it nice and soft, I honestly don't even use any heat on my hair,I don't like to. Some days my hair will dry slightly wavy to straight which isn't its natural state. My hair is naturally wavy/curly. I heard Giovanni would be great so I got the shampoo and conditioner from the vitamin shoppe and was disappointed. I didn't like the smell, it wasnt what I expected. Someone here mentioned it smells like fruit loops, which is kinda what I think too and it didnt last all day. I also didnt feel like I had clean hair. I thought once my hair dried it would be soft and tamed but it was dry and like a broom. I was really disappointed. I stopped using the conditioner for now and I'm using a different one which is working just a little bit better. I really wanted to love this product but I can't. I will continue to you the products until they run out because it's nothing too crazy for me, but i won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the best conditioner I have ever come across. I bought it after ruining my hair with drugstore cheap chemical stuff like L'Oreal because nothing else was available in the place I lived. So I ordered a bunch of Giovanni products off iherb.com and after ONE time of using their shampoo, protein hair reconstructor and this conditioner, I couldn't recognize my hair.
The ugly knots were GONE, the hair were shiny and super silky - does what it promises.
I swear by this Smooth As line, you can't go wrong.

This conditioner is cruelty free and silicone free. It contains no animal by-products and has some organic ingredients. If you don't like conditioners with protein in them, be warned: this one contains hydrolyzed protein. I don't think my hair minds protein so its fine with me. It has decent moisturizing properties and has a very faint scent. I got it at Target for $8 for 8.5 fl oz. I wish it were a bit cheaper and came in bigger bottles. Overall. I like it and I would think about repurchasing when I run out. For reference, my hair has a little bit of damage at the ends, is colortreated, and wavy.

Edit: Long term use dried out my hair a bit even though I did not heat style, got a trim, and did not bleach or lighten.) I have since given the bottle away.