AVEDA Sun Source [DISCONTINUED]

AVEDA Sun Source [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 12/27/2005 2:36:00 PM

The search for a ST that doesn't clog my pores has been difficult, but I am pretty happy with the results I get from Aveda Sun Source. I've been using this ST for 3-4 months now, and it hasn't caused a breakout yet (I have combination skin). The color i get from it, however, is a very light tan and takes a couple of applications to really "glow"--I use it 3-4 times a week to maintain a light tan. Its basically the same color you get from Jergen's Natural Glow in Medium, but I wouldn't use Jergen's on my face. The tan is nice, not streaky or orange and definitely helps the winter blahs. Since I really only use it on my face, the tube has lasted forever and I think the price is worth it (around $16). I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 4/22/2005 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I recently returned from a vacation and wanted to keep my tan. I have been using Sun Source on my face for 1 week and I absolutely love it. It looks as if my tan has not faded at all! I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts and have had no problems while using it. I use it in the morning in place of my daily moisturizer. I find it helpful to apply it with a wedge sponge, it blends better and there is nothing to wash off your hands. There is a slight scent which is not at all offensive and my color is a very natural golden tan. No orange/yellow color and no streaks at all. I would definately buy it again.

on 3/23/2005 1:46:00 PM

Love this stuff! I bought it after it was recommended to me for use on my oily, acne-prone face. I can't use any other self-tanners successfully on my face without breakouts. I use a thin layer of this at night, and in the morning I have color! And no breakouts. It doesn't turn my Linsday Lohan orange or a super dark tan, but it does give me the realistic color I want. I paid around $20, but if you're only looking for a light tan like me, a little will go a long way. I may just not notice it, but it didn't smell to me at all. Will definitely repurchase!

on 3/22/2005 8:41:00 PM

Well, the reason I bought this was someone had told me that it didn't have that typical self-tanner SMELL. It doesn't at first--but later it does--maybe my nose is just sensitive, but I can't STAND that smell! As for color, it produces a nice tan but it fades in 2 days maximum. Not great. I will be trying a different one.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great self tanner - I'm on my second tube - people ask me if I've been out in the sun but it's natural, golden, not too brown.

I used this on my LLL NC20 skin and it gave a nice glow with one coat, two coats to actually look laid out all day tan...smelled ok, kinda neutral (I actually prefer the coconut self tan smell) and lasted about 2-3 days without reapplying. The only probs. were 1) I broke out but I don't know if from this or the fact that I had PMS at the time, I will try again and update when I don't have PMS. 2)To apply 2 coats all over took about a little over half the bottle and at $16.50 a bottle, it's pricey for upkeep. Other than that, I was real happy with the way it came out! UPDATE: I tried it again when i didn't have PMS and no breakouts so i bumped it up a star!

on 5/2/2004 10:54:00 AM

I have been using this product for at least six years. It's my HG face tanner. I always apply this lotion at night for maximum results. The thicker you apply it, the better the color. Be careful not to get this product on your hair, especially if you color your hair- it will remove color over time!

on 8/8/2003 2:18:00 PM

I love the scent of Aveda Sun Source, but it didn't give me much color at all. I think it might be better for wintertime when I'm really pale. But in the spring/summer when I have even the slightest hint of natural color, you couldn't see a thing.

on 5/23/2003 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This product gives a very natural looking tan. Its a lotion but I have never had a problem with streaking. It dries very quickly and you will have a nice tan in a couple of hours. I always exfoliate first and if I want a darker tan I just apply it slightly heavier.

on 4/22/2003 12:58:00 AM

A mite pricey at 22.50CDN, but considering that the drugstore tanners were just under $20, I decided to give this a go. The thing I love the most about this tanner is that it doesn't smell at all going on (Neutrogena's is gag city), though after it dries, there's a slight tanner scent. One coat is all I need, to give my FFF skin a nice golden glow. Doesn't go on streaky at all, fades evenly, over the course of three days. It gives a nice glow to the face when cut with moisturizer (about one part to three). Five lipsticks!