OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
OPI Malaga Wine

4.8

THE perfect, rich red polish with blue undertones. It's been a staple of mine for years, and will continue to be. To sum this color up in one word: SEXY!

My search for the perfect blue blood red is over. What a BEAUTIFUL color. This is the HG red I have been searching 30 years (since I was 12) for. I am going to buy back ups in this. I look at my toes and can almost taste Merlot on my lips! Now if only I could find a lipstick in this exact shade......

Love the wine red color, perfect I must say! I definitely prefer this over "I'm not really a waitress".

on 3/26/2009 12:44:00 PM

This is the first polish I have picked up from OPI in ages, this one with the ProWide brush and improved formula... And wow! Went on really well, two thin coats and the colour was thick, shiny and smooth - the new brush is fab too!

Sadly though I was not as impressed with the colour, it is a nice deep colour, but.. I have a few other polishes the exact same shade and much cheaper, and I dont wear this shade often, yet seem to always buy it! It is a very dark shade on me.. very brown red on me, rather than the true red that other reviewers have reported, which is a shame because I would have loved it more had it been so!

I was lured into buying it by the sales lady who told me it came out brighter (lesson learnt: only trust MUA, and never, ever listen to a sales person!)

I will certainly finish the bottle and bin the cheaper ones due to the superior quality, but slightly too dark to be flattering.

on 9/13/2008 11:37:00 PM

My very favorite OPI color.It is the most beautiful rich wine that looks great with a little black dress.
Whenever I decide to try a different color I scan the shelves at the nail salon but no matter how many bottles there are I always seem drawn to it and pick it out of the crowd.
I would call it HG but for the life of me I can't figure out what it stands for. If anyone can tell me..PLEASE email

Malaga Wine is a deep wine red color - a tad cool, but neutral enough to be flattering on many skintones. With all of the super dark polishes introduced the past couple of years, this almost seems more like a mid-tone now, but I would still classify it as deep. This is a creme, which I like, and applied well (I have the older formula). This is a very classic looking red that is wearable year-round. Malaga Wine is not a unique color, but I do like it. It is very popular, but for a good reason as it is suitable for many skintones, ages, situations, etc.

on 6/11/2008 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only nailpolish I have ever repurchased. BEST color for my toes, ever. Looks sophisticated. No shimmer/glitter. Love love love it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Malaga red is a beautiful vampy deep red cream, no glitter or shimmer here. Its simply gorgeous, very classy and sophicated. On my pale cool toned skin it pulls a bit more brown /plummy than I ideally I would like so its not my HG red polish but its still just stunning and one of the better red I have tried. If you find Malaga Wine a bit dark or brown on you then I suggest Got The Blues For Red, its maybe 1.5 shades lighter and has zero brown tones on me. So classic and lovely, applies like a dream.

I love Malaga Wine; it is a great year-round red. It is a beautiful dark blue-ish red. I love that it is shiny without being shimmery. Additionally, OPI has remade their brushes and it makes using their nail polishes really easy, even for amateurs like myself. Two coats of Malaga Wine lasts on my nails for about 6 days with Poshe top coat.

on 4/27/2007 11:14:00 AM

This is absolutely gorgeous on my PPP neutral toes. I agree with everyone else that it is a perfect red.

Popular Polishes