OPI Malaga Wine

4.8

on 12/25/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Everyone compliments me on my nails when I wear Malaga wine. I literally mean everyone. Cashiers, friends coworkers my (male) doctor the list goes on and on. This amount of compliments from people I don't even know goes to show what a unique and flattering wine shade this is. Perfect for fall and winter. If I want to get noticed this is the nail polish to wear.

on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 PM

This looks darker in the bottle than it applies. I love how it looks on my nails in artificial light/low light situations, but in the sun it looks very tomato red on me, instead of the darker oxblood that I was hoping for. I will be demoting this one to a pedi shade, but it may end up in my swap pile.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This polish has the depth of colour like a jelly, but also the smooth, opaque characteristics of a creme. I'm going to call it crelly (you could also call it a creme; the finish is pretty much that).

This polish is red in the way that wine is red, that is, it's richly medium-dark and leans just a little magenta-purple. This is especially visible on the first coat, which is typically streaky and thin (the plummy-purpley edge is very apparent, though). By the second coat, I have acceptable opacity, and a deeper, more red-wine colour.

This has a lovely, smooth formula and good application. Can be a little stainy; be sure to use a good base coat.

I have to admit, I have a long love affair with juicy, plummy, wine red nail polishes. This one is one of the best I've worn, and I'd certainly buy it again. Yum. :)

on 8/18/2013 2:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Luv this color. I mean there's nothing much to say about it but I like it and it last a long time. It's a nice red color

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on probably my fourth bottle of this stuff. Favorite nail polish of all time. Dark vampy red that goes on opaque in two coats. Perfect dark red nail polish.

on 6/3/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just tried this product and I love it! I have a hard time buying red nail polishes, because they usually look too pink for my taste, so it was nice to find a red that was actually red! It's not too dark or too light, it's a nice cherry-color red. The bottle was a good price and works well so I plan on rebuying it whenever it is that I need it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This applies a little streaky, and definitely needs two coats. While the colour is nice, I find I use it really rarely, so would not buy again.

on 2/2/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love red nail polishes and have lots of them. I really couldn't miss this iconic shade of OPI.
After the first coat I was a bit disappointed, it was too magenta-red. Reminded me of ''Cherries in the snow'' lipstick by Revlon. After the second coat you get a definite cool toned red and very glossy. Of course the OPI formula and brush are flawless as always.

Overall, this shade is lovely. But I don't consider it deep or vampy. (My favorite neutral deep classic red with creamy finish is ''Fishnet Stockings'' by Essie and I usually don't even like Essie's polishes)
Malaga Vine is too fun, cool and glossy to be consider vampy IMHO but I like it anyway, it's my spring/ summer red!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

That's a very nice, interesting nail polish. The finish is a creme with something jelly-like to it.
The color changes a lot according to the skin tone: against my very fair, cool toned skin (NC10/15), it looks like an amazing blood red, with only the really slightest hint of blue. However, on my mother, who had a tan and should be around a NW25 when she borrowed it from me, it looked more like a wine red, with lots of blue in it, more like what you see in the bottle, but still very pretty. As well as that, I had a "problem" which didn't happen to her:
While I can say "Malaga Wine"is one of the prettiest nail polishes I own, it has a small issue: it's only red in natural light. Indoors it very often turns into either a very dark maroon or a very, very dark plum color, which I think that looks somewhat dull.
The quality is great, though. Easy and pleasant to apply, easy to clean, 't stain my nails or bubble and doesn't chip very easily. It's damn shiny, too. 2 coats are enough to make it look good.
I would surely buy it again. It's my second favorite nail polish (right after Essie's Fishnet Stockings), and the only reason why it's not the very favorite is those huge changes in color.

on 11/18/2012 6:49:00 AM

This is my all time favorite nail polish.
I absolutely adore the red colour which I have never seen exactly the same.
It is the exact colour as blood (can you say beautiful?), the brush is perfect-sized and the polish stays on for days :)
LOVE IT ♥